Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
landcollector
Feb 28, 2011

Professor Malice posted:

The only possible way that update could have been better would be if Hogarth's status was now "He mustn't run away!"

Or "Listening to track 26".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

References to this "Evangelion" thing are a bit out of my comfort zone!

However, if I'm not mistaken, doesn't this update imply that in the Movie Canon young Hogarth fought the Ghost of Stefan Amaris? As there's not many prominent late Star League personages whose ghosts are available for busting, surely the sequel will prove to be extremely offensive to Clan sensibilities.

Foreign Tourist
May 17, 2013
Hey, is it too late to register for that MechWarrior list in the OP?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Orders are in. Gonna save Berserk Mode for a time when it would be more advantageous.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Foreign Tourist posted:

Hey, is it too late to register for that MechWarrior list in the OP?

If you want to get your chance before the end of this year, yes.

(No, it's not.)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, we're about half-way there. Just need a few more orders, so hopefully the atmosphere hasn't killed any of my players.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

With all the smoke effects I'm surprised the atmosphere hasn't killed more pilots.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
My latest article went up on The Mittani today. It's been a good day (except for the part where someone posted my article to reddit and then immediately deleted the post, preventing me from actually linking anyone to it. C'est la vie.)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

My latest article went up on The Mittani today. It's been a good day (except for the part where someone posted my article to reddit and then immediately deleted the post, preventing me from actually linking anyone to it. C'est la vie.)

It's posted right now. You should go make whatever comment you normally make on it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Cease to Hope posted:

It's posted right now.

But it's not showing up in any of the appropriate reddits, so while you can get to it by searching for the article link you can't really get to it any other way; which means it's not really accomplishing anything and I'm kinda irritated. It's one thing if I mess it up, but if someone else does so before I even realize my article's been posted it frustrates me a little.

It does mean that nobody but goons will see the piece, which I'm secretly OK with.

Pringlescan4
Jul 6, 2006
Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

But it's not showing up in any of the appropriate reddits, so while you can get to it by searching for the article link you can't really get to it any other way; which means it's not really accomplishing anything and I'm kinda irritated. It's one thing if I mess it up, but if someone else does so before I even realize my article's been posted it frustrates me a little.

It does mean that nobody but goons will see the piece, which I'm secretly OK with.

It's visible in R/mwo at least. I found it while actually just browsing reddit and it showed up on my feed. http://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/comments/1f9ba4/clan_assault_mechs_overwhelming_firepower_now_up/

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Orders are in. Sorry for taking so long with my orders. Get in my loving neutrino trap, you ghost! :argh:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cross the streams already.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

dis astranagant posted:

We would, but we're always firing at different targets. The four of us will try to coordinate our fire sooner rather than later at a decent target for all four of us, once we've eliminated some more of this riff-raff. It's looking more and more like the Behemoth will probably be that target...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

dis astranagant posted:

They can't do that until the climax of the fight. Be patient.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
There's been some targeting confusion this turn, waiting on some updates from the players.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

There's been some targeting confusion this turn, waiting on some updates from the players.

Sorry about that, wasn't aware about limits on how far you could torso twist. Was out for the better part of the day, so I didn't see your PM until now. Responded to and corrected with what I hope are more legal orders.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 31, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hogarth’s Heroes: Tactical Update 10

Combat Phase
Blue 1) Hogarth’s Atlas II
- Fires Rotary Autocannon 5 (Quint) at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 light woods = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Rotary Autocannon 5 (Quint) at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Ghost Hunter PPC at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 3 light woods = 11): rolled 8, miss!

Blue 2) Steiner’s Awesome
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (0/8 armor, 3/10 structure remains)! TAC!
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (0/6 armor, 1/5 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (0/8 armor, 5/7 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/5 structure remains)! Limb blown off!
- - Damage transfers to Right Torso (0/8 armor, 6/7 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!

Blue 3) Vasquez’s Banshee
- Torso twists to threaten hex 0822!
- Fires PPC at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 2, miss!
- Fires PPC at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (0/13 armor, 4/11 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 10, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires SRM-6 at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 11): rolled 5, miss!

Blue 4) Schultz’s Zeus
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 10, hit Right Torso (1/7 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires LRM-15 at Panther Green 8 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 1 secondary target + 2 light woods = 11): rolled 6, miss!

Red 1) Battlemaster
- Holds fire!

Green 2) Grand Dragon
- Fires PPC at Atlas Blue 1 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 Atlas Blue 1 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 9): rolled 7, miss!

Green 6) Javelin
- Fires SRM-6 at Awesome Blue 2 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 10, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (14/24 armor remains), Right Torso (18/24 armor remains), Left Leg (21/33 armor remains), Right Torso (16/24 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Awesome Blue 2 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!

Green 7) Wolf Trap
- Holds fire!

Green 8) Panther 2
- Torso twists to threaten hex 2214!
- Fires PPC at Zeus Blue 4 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 3 light woods = 10): rolled 7, miss!

Behemoth
- Holds Fire!

End Phase:
Javelin Green 6
- Through-Armor Critical chance in Center Torso! No critical hit sustained!
- Cinematic Critical Chance! No cine-crits sustained! No critical hit sustained!
- Cinematic Critical Chance! No cine-crits sustained! No critical hit sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (5 base + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 9, succeeds!

Wolf Trap Green 7
- Cinematic Critical Chance! No cine-crits sustained!

“Time’s running out,” Andrew commented as he spitted the little Javelin with his PPCs. The water reservoir in his helmet had finally exhausted itself, which was most certainly for the best. He’d never known anyone to have been electrocuted by neurohelmet before, but he also hadn’t heard of any modified to “slowly” pour a quart of water over the user’s head either. Between the water, the sub-zero temperatures, and the coolant being pumped through Andrew’s cooling vest the day’s shoot was starting to grow miserable. It was all he could do to keep from shivering on camera.

Andrew grimaced, and hissed his next line through gritted teeth. “If we don’t knock these enemy heavies out of the fight, the ghost will be able to pick us apart at its leasure!”

“We’ll just have to hurry and eliminate them, then. We’ve all come too far, and I won’t run away now,” Vasquez’s voice boomed—but was greeted by a distant explosion that sent trees flying a dozen meters in the air. The Behemoth was getting closer. In lower tones “she” probably expected wouldn’t be picked up by her helmet microphones, Vasquez mumbled, “I mustn’t run away.”

“Keep it together, Vasquez,” Andrew reassured the distant pilot. “We’re in this together—besides, with my leg crippled, I couldn’t run away even if I wanted to. We just need a little more time—”

“It’s too late,” Hogarth replied as the Behemoth crested the ridgeline. The legs of a Stalker poked out of the bottom of the massive torso, and the arms were draped with meter-wide ribbons of black cloth that would disguise the two locusts that comprised the oversized autocannons there. Freezing cold or not, Andrew didn’t envy those pilots in the slightest—perfect station-keeping with a larger `Mech was difficult enough when you could actually see! Andrew also though the end result looked more ridiculous than menacing, but Hogarth was adamant that the machine could not be simply added in with effects work in post.

Andrew was beginning to suspect that the “General” didn’t like doing anything in post.

“—moth is here,” Hogarth continued, oblivious to how little attention his pilots were paying him. “We’re out of time, it’s do-or-die people!—now, everyone stand still and be quite for a few minutes so the sound guys can play the Behemoth’s theme. Also, try to look shocked and horrified!”

Primary Objectives
Rescue Melissa Steiner and Clovis Holstein! Defend the Red Corsair! (0/1)
Defeat Richard Cameron (0/1)
Destroy Richard Cameron’s Behemoth (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
Thomas Hogarth duels the Red Corsair (1/1)
One of Hogarth’s Heroes “dies” dramatically, but no more than one (0/1)
Hogarth kills the ghost with his Ghost-Killer PPC (0/1)
Believe in Andrew Steiner (1/1)
Cross the Streams (0/4) (everyone has to hit with a PPC for it to count)

Hidden Objectives
Piles of Cardboard Boxes Destroyed: 1
Fruit Carts Destroyed: 1
Wilhelm Screams: 1
Flubbed Lines: 1

Key:
Blue1) Atlas II
Blue2) Awesome
Blue3) Banshee
Blue4) Zeus
Red1) Battlemaster – Stationary, 0

Enemy `Mech Key
Green2) Dragon – Ran, 1
Green6) Javelin – Ran, 1
Green7) Wolf Trap – Ran, 2
Green8) Panther 2 – Ran, 1
Behemoth – Ran, 0

Player `Mech Status

Enemy `Mech Status

Cinematic Crit Table
2 – Railing Kill / Protagonist Injured!
3 – Stunned Enemy / Protagonist Flesh Wound!
4 – Huge Random Explosion!
5 – Fruit Vendor Demolished / Chickens Escape / Outhouse Detonates!
6 – Cardboard Boxes Destroyed!
7 – Wilhelm Scream / Flubbed Line!
8 – Cardboard Boxes Destroyed!
9 – Explosive Barrels Explode Unexpectedly!
10 – Something Catches Fire!
11 – Delayed Casualty / Protagonist Flesh Wound!
12 – Kneecapped / Protagonist Injured!

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 1, 2013

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

I really hope this means that the Behemoth is going to come back in a sequel to save us all from a different monster.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I mustn't run away, huh? Let's hope Vasquez doesn't flip out and go catatonic.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Artificer posted:

Let us hope Vasquez does exactly that. Berserker Mode, baby!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Artificer posted:

Was waiting for more Evangelion there. Guess if Vasquez was a Drac, "she"'d be repeating "nigecha dameda" instead... Love the fact that all the Eva references land on me, what with my Berserk Mode still ready to go, which I'm pretty sure I'm going to save for a bit longer. To complete the reference, the theme for the Behemoth could be Angel Attack, but I guess that would be too much even for PTN.

Not sure if we're in the best position to Cross the Streams on it yet, though. Anyone else got a different opinion?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 1, 2013

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

PoptartsNinja posted:

Andrew was beginning to suspect that the “general” didn’t like doing anything in post.
Good lord! He's ANTI-Lucas!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Let us hope Vasquez does exactly that. Berserker Mode, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRbhNQUZYh0

:black101:

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

Arquinsiel posted:

Good lord! He's ANTI-Lucas!

Admirable to say the least!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Orders are currently in, since I might be incommunicado relatively soon. Hoping most of my attacks connect this time for a change...

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Readingaccount posted:

Admirable to say the least!

It puts him more in the Roger Corman mode of directing: film two movies on the same sets in the course of a week, edit them together on the weekend, and get them out to theaters before the month is out.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I have received orders from GhostStalker. It may not be easy for me to update Sunday or Monday, but I can still get some of the groundwork done. No rush, but I will be updating Monday whether I have orders or not.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

I have received orders from GhostStalker. It may not be easy for me to update Sunday or Monday, but I can still get some of the groundwork done. No rush, but I will be updating Monday whether I have orders or not.

Yeah, as I said, I will probably be incommunicado for a while during this week, I dunno. Thought it best to get my orders in early. If I'm not available and orders are coming up for next turn, one of my fellow Hogarth's Heroes can submit orders for me.

I'll also see what the holdup is in regards to orders for this turn...

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
got my orders in today, sorry for the delay everybody.

gonna be bringing some Steiner steel to this fistfight :getin:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Awww drat, I knew I should've taken a little longer to do my orders before heading in to bed. Sorry for being incommunicado this weekend, I was at the A-Kon convention. Snagged me SMT: Nocturne and Persona 4 :toot: Submitting orders now.

Edit: Orders are in.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 3, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
No worries, it looks like the time I'd been able to put aside to do the update vanished anyway; since I've got to take my car to a place before work tomorrow to get the right front tire repaired. Stupid nails. :sigh:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Posting to say this thread is awesome and I'm glad its still going. Count me in as a mechwarrior for whenever.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
The Room Hogarth’s Heroes: Tactical Update 11

Combat Phase
Blue 1) Hogarth’s Atlas II
- Fires Rotary Autocannon 5 (Quint) at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Rotary Autocannon 5 (Quint) at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Ghost Hunter PPC at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 11, hit Right Arm (5/11 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Wolf Trap Green 7 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 3, miss!

- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (0/7 structure remains)! Leg Blown Off!
- - Damage would transfer, but:
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (0/1 armor, 0/7 structure remains)! Leg Blown Off 2-Hit Mega C-c-c-combo! `Mech destroyed!
- Fires Small Laser at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 11): rolled 6, miss!

Blue 3) Vasquez’s Banshee
- Fires PPC at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (0/14 armor, 6/10 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires PPC at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 7, hit Right Torso (0/16 armor, 10/14 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires Autocannon/10 at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (11/16 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (13/18 armor remains)!
- Fires SRM-6 at Grand Dragon Green 2 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 6, miss!

Blue 4) Schultz’s Zeus
- Fires PPC at Panther Green 8 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods + 3 minimum range = 11): rolled 9, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Panther Green 8 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Laser at Panther Green 8 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (1/14 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Panther Green 8 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 9, hit Left Arm (5/10 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Panther Green 8 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, miss!

Red 1) Battlemaster
- Holds fire!

Green 2) Grand Dragon
- Fires PPC at Banshee Blue 3 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 7, hit Right Arm (6/21 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Banshee Blue 3 (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 8): rolled 6, miss!

Green 6) Javelin
- Resists Ghostly Control!

Green 7) Wolf Trap
- Torso twists to threaten hex 0220!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon (Cluster) at Atlas Blue 1 (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 12, 6 submunitions hit Left Leg (36/41 armor remains), Center Torso (33/47 armor remains), Left Torso (24/32 armor remains), Left Leg (35/41 armor remains), Center Torso (32/47 armor remains), Right Leg (40/41 armor remains)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Atlas Blue 1 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Atlas Blue 1 (4 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 9): rolled 4, miss!

Green 8) Panther 2
- Torso twists to threaten hex 2214!
- Fires SRM-4 at Zeus Blue 4 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 9, 4 missiles hit Left Arm (6/22 armor remains), Left Arm (4/22 armor remains), Right Arm (13/22 armor remains), Right Arm (11/22 armor remains)!

Behemoth
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Battlemaster Red 1 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Battlemaster Red 1 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (7/40 armor remains)!
- Fires Gauss Rifle at Battlemaster Red 1 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (0/28 armor, 9/18 structure remains)! Cine-Crit!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon at Battlemaster Red 1 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires LB-10X Autocannon at Battlemaster Red 1 (3 base + 4 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 1 cluster = 8): rolled 9, 6 submunitions hit Left Torso (15/18 structure remains (Cine-Crit!)), Left Torso (14/18 structure remains (Cine-Crit!)), Left Leg (10/26 armor remains), Right Torso (8/18 structure remains (Cine-Crit!)), Left Leg (18/26 armor remains), Left Leg (17/26 armor remains)!

End Phase:
Grand Dragon Green 2

Battlemaster Red 1
- Cinematic Critical Chance! 1 cine-crit sustained!
- - Something catches fire!

Physical Combat Phase:
Blue 4) Zeus
- Punches Panther Green 8 with one arm (5 base + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 10, hit Left Torso (2/10 armor remains)!

Green 8) Panther
- Punches Zeus Blue 4 with both arms (5 base + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Head (4/9 armor remains (Pilot hit!)), Right Torso (13/18 armor remains)!

End Phase:
Zeus Blue 4
- Must pass a 3+ Consciousness Test: rolled 3, succeeds!

“We have to get out of here!”

“Hold it together, Vasquez,” Hogarth admonished, “and keep the comms clear! We need to finish polishing off these little guys before the Ghost—”

Vasquez interrupted, the fear and tension giving “her” stoic monotone a desperate air. A patch of soil at the Banshee’s feet caught fire, the sickly green flames licking at the `Mech’s heels, spoiling most of Vasquez’s shots at the distant Dragon. “The Ghost is here, and we don’t even have a plan! Don’t you see? If he has a TA field, we’ll never hit him! He’ll tear us apart, Hogarth!”

“Why are you so hysterical?” Andrew replied as his target dodged first one beam then another. The little Javelin wasn’t a swift `Mech by any means, but it was dangerous--which is why it’s sudden stop would’ve been totally unexpected had it not been written into the script. Andrew wasted no time, and blew the little `Mech’s legs off with an almost contemptuous salvo. “The ghost isn’t all-powerful! These pilots are still resisting it!”

“Andrew’s right, Sergeant! Don’t worry about it,” Thomas interjected. “Do you understand life? How terrible it must be for those pilots, to be controlled by the spirit of an ancient, dead man? Cameron’s not a monster, he’s a victim, and we need to put him to rest before his grief and rage envelop the whole Inner Sphere in war! This isn’t a fight for ourselves, but for freedom itself! Now, you let me worry about the TA Field, for now just help me free these Skye pilots!”

Primary Objectives
Rescue Melissa Steiner and Clovis Holstein! Defend the Red Corsair! (0/1)
Defeat Richard Cameron Put Richard Cameron to Rest (0/1)
Destroy Richard Cameron’s Behemoth (0/1)

Secondary Objectives
Thomas Hogarth duels the Red Corsair (1/1)
One of Hogarth’s Heroes “dies” dramatically, but no more than one (0/1)
Hogarth kills the ghost with his Ghost-Killer PPC (0/1)
Believe in Andrew Steiner (1/1)
Cross the Streams (0/4) (everyone has to hit with a PPC for it to count)

Hidden Objectives
Piles of Cardboard Boxes Destroyed: 1
Fruit Carts Destroyed: 1
Wilhelm Screams: 1
Flubbed Lines: 1
Fires Started: 1

Key:
Blue1) Atlas II
Blue2) Awesome
Blue3) Banshee
Blue4) Zeus
Red1) Battlemaster – Stationary, 0

Enemy `Mech Key
Green2) Dragon – Ran, 2
Green7) Wolf Trap – Ran, 3
Green8) Panther 2 – Jumped, 2
Behemoth – Ran, 0

Player `Mech Status

Enemy `Mech Status

Cinematic Crit Table
2 – Railing Kill / Protagonist Injured!
3 – Stunned Enemy / Protagonist Flesh Wound!
4 – Huge Random Explosion!
5 – Fruit Vendor Demolished / Chickens Escape / Outhouse Detonates!
6 – Cardboard Boxes Destroyed!
7 – Wilhelm Scream / Flubbed Line!
8 – Cardboard Boxes Destroyed!
9 – Explosive Barrels Explode Unexpectedly!
10 – Something Catches Fire!
11 – Delayed Casualty / Protagonist Flesh Wound!
12 – Kneecapped / Protagonist Injured!

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
You're tearing me apart, Vasquesz!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Looks like everyone's going to have to cross the streams on that Stalker with two Locusts ductaped to it Behemoth, or you'll never break that T and also A field!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PoptartsNinja posted:

- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Leg (0/7 structure remains)! Leg Blown Off!
- - Damage would transfer, but:
- Fires PPC at Javelin Green 6 (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (0/1 armor, 0/7 structure remains)! Leg Blown Off 2-Hit Mega C-c-c-combo! `Mech destroyed!

I never stopped believing in you, Andrew. :unsmith:
THE AWESOME GHOST will now liberate MY HOME PLANET. :iia:
(That's what that song was really about.)

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

So we've now gone from GhostBusters to Evangelion to The Room? What's next?

Still, that was a good double legging of the Javelin there. Nice one, Helter.

I think my options are pretty drat clear at this point: move to 1322 and FIRE EVERYTHING at the Dragon, then give it a kick for good measure. I think it can't torso twist to threaten me, so I should be safe there. My only question is whether or not I should activate Berserk Mode in order to tear that thing to shreds, or whether to save it for when I engage the Behemoth. What are your thoughts, thread?

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 6, 2013

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

Someone just might get impaled on a steam pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

GhostStalker posted:

Please be Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park.

Come on, the our foursome beating Richard Cameron with the power ROCK AND ROCK ALL NIIIIGHT,and then PARTY EVERYDAY! YAY!

• Locked thread