Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Hogarth is really the only choice for MVP here, especially considering that finish.

That really was the perfect final turn, complete with one guy "dying" dramatically. This movie is going to make huge bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

The nominations are:

Hogarth For best actor

Suburbanmech For best use of a mech in a movie.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... I kinda feel like, with a shot like that, the "ghost killer ppc" objective should have been fulfilled, even if it was only the spirit of the ppc hitting the ghostly behemoth.

How else can you explain this!?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Calax posted:

... I kinda feel like, with a shot like that, the "ghost killer ppc" objective should have been fulfilled, even if it was only the spirit of the ppc hitting the ghostly behemoth.

How else can you explain this!?

Hot-blood :kamina:-rage punching straight through the AT field like it was so much paper?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Hogarth for MVP and SUburbanmech for TRO.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The hell is that name, it should've been named the URbanmech.

(I'll see myself out)

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hogarth for MVP, for sure. I don't think it gets much more perfectly badass than using a dead mech's PPC to headshot a gigantic killer frankenghostmech. Seriously I had to read that like three times to make sure I was correctly interpreting the sheer badassitude.

Uburbanmech because I got a laugh out of the name. Also I don't know what a TRO is.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Hogarth and Suburbanmech

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

HEADSHOTS, HEADSHOTS EVERYWHERE!

Seriously, what a way to end that mission. We might have been in some trouble if it hadn't ended there, what with some crippled mechs, but instead, we get 3 headshots and blow the crap out of the Behemoth and Suburbanmech.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nobody gave me secondary targets, so they really shouldn't have gotten the Urbanmech objective but I was feeling generous because goddamn it Hogarth I wanted the update to be longer than that and maybe get another turn or two out of slowly killing the Behemoth you jerk!

Yeah, I probably should have put a secondary target in, but I hadn't thought that Hogarth would take out the Behemoth with a perfectly aimed (and lucky!) Battlemaster PPC shot. And to think I advocated for him to hold back that shot this turn in the Google Doc. Oh well, at least it worked out for the best!

And I'm pretty sure as a participant, I don't get a vote on MVP and TRO, right? No matter, it's already pretty clear which way those votes are headed.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Gotta vote for the top kill, and the top I-wish-this-existed mech.

Hogarth for pilot and Suburban Mech for best mech.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

GhostStalker posted:

And I'm pretty sure as a participant, I don't get a vote on MVP and TRO, right? No matter, it's already pretty clear which way those votes are headed.

That's never been a rule, feel free to vote how you will! The only caveat is that I don't let you vote for yourself.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Hogarth for MVP, Suburbanmech for TRO

Also, if that's a Suburbanmech, I dread to know what an Exurbanmech would be.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gay Abortions posted:

Also, if that's a Suburbanmech, I dread to know what an Exurbanmech would be.

Ruralmechs have like, chainsaws and combine harvester attachments on their arms.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Leperflesh posted:

Ruralmechs have like, chainsaws and combine harvester attachments on their arms.

So basically Industrial 'Mechs.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
Hogarth and Suburbanmech are my votes.

I love the perfect, abrupt ending there. That's everything I'd want in an awful movie.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Andrew & The Urbie

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
I'll put my vote for Hogarth for MVP and the Uburbanmech

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Andrew for MVP and Atlas II for the TRO.

Oh I can't wait for the universe update, those are my favorite parts of the thread.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Stay-Puft Marshmalllow Mech for both votes, and the sketch of him in his jaunty sailor cap smashing buildings should be the official art entry. :colbert:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Hogarth and Suburbanmech

Same here for my votes.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
AUTRO ENTRY: G-UMR7 and G-UMR9 Suburbanmech
Overview:

Slow and easy to pilot, the Suburbanmech is a highly defensive machine intended for deployment against Clan forces. Designed specifically for the Commonwealth’s numerous “social officers,” the Suburbanmech’s hundred-ton weight makes it quite appealing to pilots who don’t know better. The machine is currently being offered as a “state-of-the-art upgrade” to officers of marginal martial capability, in trade for their lighter (and more capable) designs.

Capabilities:
The initial prototype was designed with two heavy autocannons backed by a pair of large lasers. When it was discovered that the structure could be constructed of Endo Steel for only a marginal increase in cost, a pair of jump jets and a single medium laser were added to give the design a little more utility. The current Suburbanmech is a straightforward machine built entirely out of trusted technologies; and while they may lack the range to engage Clan `Mechs in the open they have more than enough frontal armor to endure a few long-range hits.

The simplicity of the Suburbanmech's design has also born unexpected dividends. With both Standard and Endo Steel frame members still being constructed, the Suburbanmech has proven an apt testbed for new technologies. A full company of the prototypes has been reworked to carry a devastating but as-yet untested new Lyran weapon; and this design (dubbed the G-UMR9 for to more readily convince officers who believe higher numbers mean better `Mechs) has been earmarked for deployment only to the “most prestigious” of the Lyran Commonwealth's bloated and ineffectual officer corps.

Deployment:
Two battalions of Suburbanmechs has already been completed, and a third is on the way. Rather than parceling out these `Mechs to units across the Inner Sphere, the Lyran Commonwealth has opted to assemble them into “advanced battalions” currently undergoing “advanced defensive training” in preparation for their heroic deployment facing (and inevitably victory against) the forces of Task Force Serpent.

G-UMR7 Suburbanmech
Equipment:

Mass: 100 tons
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Walking MP: 3
Maximum Speed: 54.0 kph
Running MP: 5
Jump Jets: Guld Mk. III Heavy Lifters
Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Jumping MP: 2

Armament:
Medium Laser – CT
Large Laser – RT
Large Laser – LT
Autocannon/20 – RA
Autocannon/20 – LA
2 Tons AC/20 Ammo – RT
2 Tons AC/20 Ammo – LT

Heat Sinks: 14 [28] (minimum)
Armor Factor: 304 (99.02% coverage)

Head Structure: 3
Head Armor: 9

Center Torso Structure: 31
Center Torso Armor: 51
Center Torso (Rear) Armor: 10

Left/Right Torso Structure: 21
Left/Right Torso Armor: 32
Left/Right Torso (Rear) Armor: 10

Left/Right Leg Structure: 21
Left/Right Leg Armor: 42

Left/Right Arm Structure: 17
Left/Right Arm Armor: 33

G-UMR9 Suburbanmech
Equipment:

Mass: 100 tons
Cruising Speed: 21.6 kph
Walking MP: 2
Maximum Speed: 32.4 kph
Running MP: 3
Jump Jets: Guld Mk. III Heavy Lifters
Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Jumping MP: 2

Armament:
Small Laser – CT
ER Large Laser – RA
ER Large Laser – LA
Heavy Gauss Rifle – RT
Heavy Gauss Rifle – LT
1 Tons Heavy Gauss Rifle Ammo – CT
1 Tons Heavy Gauss Rifle Ammo – RT
1 Tons Heavy Gauss Rifle Ammo – LT
1 Tons Heavy Gauss Rifle Ammo – RA
1 Tons Heavy Gauss Rifle Ammo – LA

Heat Sinks: 12 [24] (minimum)
Armor Factor: 304 (99.02% coverage)

Head Structure: 3
Head Armor: 9

Center Torso Structure: 31
Center Torso Armor: 51
Center Torso (Rear) Armor: 10

Left/Right Torso Structure: 21
Left/Right Torso Armor: 32
Left/Right Torso (Rear) Armor: 10

Left/Right Leg Structure: 21
Left/Right Leg Armor: 42

Left/Right Arm Structure: 17
Left/Right Arm Armor: 33

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 26, 2013

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

HERESY, that is far far too fast to be a proper urbanmech, 3/5/2? how... how could you do this to us PTN?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AtomikKrab posted:

HERESY, that is far far too fast to be a proper urbanmech, 3/5/2? how... how could you do this to us PTN?

Engines the Lyrans have a lot of: 300 STD
Engines the Lyrans do not have a lot of: 200 STD

Don't worry, the Heavy Gauss Rifle variant is undoubtedly going to have downgraded speed.

Edit: Added the G-UMR9 ahead of schedule. I hope you're happy AtomikKrab :colbert:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 26, 2013

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Social officers in that variant sounds like the most ridiculous blooper fight.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way but I don't quite like the idea of thinking that well it's a 3/5 100 tonner it must only be fore people with no real tactical acumen. I mean, like the Urbie, this thing would be a beast in a defensive cityfight where its speed doesn't matter as much, and indeed I'd say it'd be more dangerous than an Atlas, given the weight it saves with ES and DHS. Yeah, on an open battlefield filled with 5/8 heavies it's like as not gonna get wrecked but if there were not situations where a 100 tonner would be useful because they're too slow, then why would there be any at all?

That being said I'd totally swap the AC/20s for 10s to give some better range. So yeah, I guess what I'm saying is I'll take three regiment's worth please.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

I'm probably thinking about this the wrong way but I don't quite like the idea of thinking that well it's a 3/5 100 tonner it must only be fore people with no real tactical acumen.

Social Officers aren't necessarily bad pilots, they just don't train as often as they should. Giving them a `Mech that's inherently easier to pilot only benefits the Commonwealth.

Also, giving them machines with one very specific and effective role isn't detrimental because it gives them something to be the best at. Frederick Steiner is trying to forge his less useful officers into an anvil that he can smash the Clans against. :ssh:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

PoptartsNinja posted:

Social Officers aren't necessarily bad pilots, they just don't train as often as they should. Giving them a `Mech that's inherently easier to pilot only benefits the Commonwealth.

Also, giving them machines with one very specific and effective role isn't detrimental because it gives them something to be the best at. Frederick Steiner is trying to forge his less useful officers into an anvil that he can smash the Clans against. :ssh:

Win/Win either the social officers smash the clans or the clans smash the social officers. Freddie Steiner ain't no dummy.well Terra is just a symbol aside

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please tell me the UMR9 variant comes standard with full Stay Puft regalia.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Engines the Lyrans have a lot of: 300 STD
Engines the Lyrans do not have a lot of: 200 STD

Don't worry, the Heavy Gauss Rifle variant is undoubtedly going to have downgraded speed.

Edit: Added the G-UMR9 ahead of schedule. I hope you're happy AtomikKrab :colbert:

:v: I am extremely pleased by these developments.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

So I'm guessing the Fafnir isn't going to exist because the Suburbanmech is basically a wacky Fafnir variant.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

PBJ posted:

Please tell me the UMR9 variant comes standard with full Stay Puft regalia.

What would a Command `Mech be without a fancy Command Radar that just so happens to look like a dapper cap?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dis astranagant posted:

So I'm guessing the Fafnir isn't going to exist because the Suburbanmech is basically a wacky Fafnir variant.

The amount of stuff you'd need to build a Fafnir is probably still a long ways off anyway. ER lasers? Pah.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Defiance Industries posted:

The amount of stuff you'd need to build a Fafnir is probably still a long ways off anyway. ER lasers? Pah.

Look at the G-UMR9 version. A slow, jumpy Fafnir with bigger lasers.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

dis astranagant posted:

Look at the G-UMR9 version.

ER Larges existed during the Star League era and are much easier to make than ER mediums.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I find I rather like the Suburbanmech. I'd use it.

PoptartsNinja posted:

What would a Command `Mech be without a fancy Command Radar that just so happens to look like a dapper cap?

Mostly for this. :3:

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
Yeah, snark aside, the regular Suburbanmech is clearly a better version of the King Crab.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The jump 2 amuses me, making you considerably easier to hit than for you to hit your enemies, but the weapon loadout is pretty good for an IS 100-tonner. Brawly variant is brawly, snipey variant is snipey. Plus, watching social officers shamble forwards at incredibly slow speeds and then get knocked over by their own recoil and/or a stiff breeze is comedy gold.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

The jump 2 amuses me, making you considerably easier to hit than for you to hit your enemies

It means they can make orbital insertions :ssh:

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Okay, I can dig that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

PoptartsNinja posted:

It means they can make orbital insertions :ssh:

I can't stop laughing at this.

• Locked thread