Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

I've got to get a picture of this!

Pladdicus posted:

Any idea how much we would need to learn about the game system in order to function properly as pilots? Read a gamebook end to end or just a familiarity with the game world?

Also kind of curious on this one. I'm pondering offering up my services as well, but I've never actually played Battletech proper. Plenty of Titans of Steel though, which would appear to be Battletech with the serial numbers filed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

You know what? Screw it, I'll sign up to be a pilot/player. Got PMs already and am more than ready to die in a horrific explosion of some sort.

Weekend availability will be a bit on the low side, as that's when I work (Friday Evening - Monday Morning), but aside from that I'm generally free.

Frankomatic fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 21, 2011

Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

My sign up request on page three was admittedly really waffle-y and I'm probably better off lower down anyway, but I'll reiterate anyway.

I'd like to sign up as a Pilot/Commander. I've got PM ability so we should be all good to go.

Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

After playing around with Megamek on my own a little bit, all I have to say is holy crap, you guys weren't kidding about Machine Gun ammo explosions being ridiculous. ...Not to mention cascading ammo explosions.

*** Machine Gun Ammo EXPLODES! 376 DAMAGE! ***   

Luckily, that was to the bot. ;) Came after some LRM ammo exploded, which caused some SRM ammo to explode, which caused the MG ammo to explode. There was basically nothing left, I assume.

Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

Hey, PTN, just wanted to note that I've kind of run out of free time to work with, so I'm going to give up my spot on the warrior list before getting called, so hopefully that'll be a bit less of a hassle to deal with.

• Locked thread