Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I've been completely lurking, but I'm going to have to vote Marauders just to watch the clusterlove, or failing that, the Death Commandos in a revote. My idea of a fun day is getting stomped or playing the Fedaykin on a murderous rampage to expend all the good karma from the last mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Man, kind of a tough situation. I'm going to say that the rifleman should hang back to take out the SRM tank, but the rest need to get in knifing range. Were I PTN, I'd have the PPC-wielding mechs spread out so they can cover each other and the downrange area, while using the Blackjack and tanks/infantry to run what interference they can. It's possible with some lucky shots that they could drop your close range mechs in a couple of turns and mop up the rest at leisure.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Slaapaav posted:

Am I the only one who has a hard time reading purple on green hexes?

Have you ever had yourself checked for red-green color blindness?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I think I missed something. Are the scout sappers on the board? How did they force a PSR on the Vindicator?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Did the Hunchback pilot take damage that round? Combat log says pilot hit, but the mechwarrior status says ok.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Cool as they are, I've been forced to conclude that the Mk I omnis are bullshit. Why? Because they use machine guns far more intelligently than any other fielded design (other than the Piranha).

For giggles, would you pretty please put us in a school of Piranhas for some urban warfare? I really want to see them in action after someone mentioned ERSLas-equipped PRAs as tiny buzzsaws of doom.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Jeeze, you 'Mechwarriors are suicidal. The Piranha is an absolute monster.

I was actually hoping we could drive them, but getting sandpapered/TACed to death while the Piranha's circle strafe could be fun...

Speaking of which, could I be placed on the Mech driver list? I greatly look forward to getting flogged to death by an Axeman or something. No PMs, I can be reached at REDACTED. Thanks!

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Apr 22, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I kind of love the custom and silly mechs being thrown around, so I thought I'd contribute! Here's one of my recent gimmicky mechs:

code:
Ezio EZO-2

Mass: 55 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-D
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 13,155,315 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,469

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Steel
Power Plant: Unknown 330 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 64.8 km/h
Maximum Speed: 97.2 km/h (129.6 km/h)
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    1  ER Large Laser
    4  ER Medium Lasers
    2  ER Small Lasers
    2  Retractable Blades
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Endo-Steel                    91 points                3.00
    Internal Locations: 1 HD, 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 LA, 1 RA, 1 LL, 1 RL
Engine:             XL Fusion Engine             330                      12.50
    Walking MP: 6
    Running MP: 9 (12)
    Jumping MP: 5 Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 2 LT, 1 RT, 1 LL, 1 RL                             2.50
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             13(26)                    3.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA+H    R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor:              Ferro-Fibrous                AV - 172                  9.00
    Armor Locations: 2 LT, 2 RT, 1 LA, 2 RA

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     18           26        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  7         
                                           L/R Torso     13           19        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  7         
                                             L/R Arm     9            17        
                                             L/R Leg     13           22        

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MASC                                         CT        -         2         2.00
ER Medium Laser                              RT        5         1         1.00
ER Small Laser                               RT        2         1         0.50
ER Medium Laser                              LT        5         1         1.00
ER Small Laser                               LT        2         1         0.50
ER Large Laser                               RA        12        1         4.00
Retractable Blade                            RA        -         4         3.50
Retractable Blade                            LA        -         4         3.50
2 ER Medium Lasers                           LA        10        2         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 7

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      6    Points: 25
8/3j       4       4       1       0      2     1   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: MEL, SAW, ENE, SRCH, ES, SOA
If you want to carry the theme out to it's logical extreme, you can build a 7/14/7 55-tonner with max efficient armor, an ECM module, MASC, and two retractable blades.

Edit: Holy crap, I just found talons under experimental tech! 30 damage for 7 tons and 2 crit slots, that's just broken.
Edit 2: Maybe SSW was bugging out or something, now I see talons as 17 damage for 4 tons and 2 crit slots. I'm not sure what I'm seeing.
Edit 3: Apparently talons scale by mech weight. 17 damage/4t for a 55 ton mech, 30dmg/7t for a 100t assault mech.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Apr 12, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Here's my attempt to deliver the absolute maximum amount of damage possible in a single round. Sadly, it would likely explode at the end of the round due to heat, if it were even capable of reaching its target. Within three hexes, it is able to put out 306 damage, with each arm delivering 60. It's max heat generation is 155 points a turn, with the ability to dissipate 20/turn.

code:
Huge and Punchy HNP-4

Mass: 100 tons
Tech Base: Clan
Rules Level: Tournament Legal
Era: Clan Invasion
Tech Rating/Era Availability: F/X-X-D
Production Year: 3070
Cost: 9,910,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,797

Chassis: Unknown Standard
Power Plant: Unknown 300 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 32.4 km/h
Maximum Speed: 54.0 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Standard Armor
Armament:
    51  Heavy Small Lasers

Internal Structure: Standard                     152 points               10.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                300                      19.00
    Walking MP: 3
    Running MP: 5
    Jumping MP: 0 
Heat Sinks:         Double Heat Sink             10(20)                    0.00
Gyro:               Standard                                               3.00
Cockpit:            Standard                                               3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA    R: SH+UA
Armor:              Standard Armor               AV - 307                 19.50

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            9         
                                        Center Torso     31           47        
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  15        
                                           L/R Torso     21           32        
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  10        
                                             L/R Arm     17           34        
                                             L/R Leg     21           42        

Heavy Small Laser                            HD        3         1         0.50
2 Heavy Small Lasers                         CT        6         2         1.00
12 Heavy Small Lasers                        RT        36        12        6.00
12 Heavy Small Lasers                        LT        36        12        6.00
10 Heavy Small Lasers                        RA        30        10        5.00
10 Heavy Small Lasers                        LA        30        10        5.00
2 Heavy Small Lasers                         RL        6         2         1.00
2 Heavy Small Lasers                         LL        6         2         1.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 0

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:     10    Points: 18
3          4       0       0       0      4     4   Structure:  8
Special Abilities: ENE, SRCH, ES, SOA
Edit: Yeah, you're right Raverrn, I completely missed that. And MJ12 has very thoroughly set met straight.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 12, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

MJ12 posted:

That's not even close to the maximum single-turn damage output possible. ...
code:
Firework 

BOOM

Wow, that's... Wow. It's quite a feat to even stuff that many launchers into a mech. Do you need ammo to fire, or does each launcher come loaded already? But you're absolutely right, I was looking for maximum damage per ton (and not using experimental tech), when it's really crit slots that are the limiting factor.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 12, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

MJ12 posted:

The improved One-Shot launchers are pre-loaded with one shot. You get one shot and that's it... as if it matters, when you've taken 204 heat from your salvo. The mech cockpit literally has two controls. A joystick for movement, and a big red button which is wired to all the SRM-6s and the ejection seat.

Firework Prime manual, page 2:

While we appreciate our valued customers' desire to have as many features as possible, regretfully we had to remove some options, such as padded seats, life support systems, and ejectors. All these unnecessary features were preventing us from giving you absolutely the greatest possible rocket value for your C-bill.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

landcollector posted:

I have the Gold edition and have played it extensively. X-Pulse Lasers are very good at bringing down mechs in a salvageable state, and are among my favorite weapons to stick on a mech. One of the others is the LB-X series autocannons. Same damage per shot as regular and Ultra ACs, but much more ammo.

I just played a huge melee with the computer, something like 40k BV on each side. One drat Annihilator sprayed down my Night Gyr Prime for two pilot damage on my ace pilot, who had already taken three heads with his ERPPCs. This pilot went on to be knocked out at the end of the match by a lucky infantry LRM to the head...

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

landcollector posted:

Unfortunately, I was dumb and never bought Mechcommander 2 (I assume it is what you're referring to...or are you referring to Megamek?). I might try to hunt down a copy on ebay.

Megamek, sadly. I never owned a copy of Mechcommander.

Fun fact: On my beefy system, initial computer moves took about 5 minutes to calculate.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
My terrible submission to the medium weight class, also themed!

code:
Bird of Prey BOP-5

Mass: 35 tons
Tech Base: Mixed
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: X/X-X-X
Production Year: 0
Cost: 12,025,220 C-Bills
Battle Value: 331

Construction Options: Fractional Accounting

Chassis: Unknown Endo-Composite
Power Plant: Unknown 315 Fusion XL Engine
Walking Speed: 97.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 151.2 km/h (248.4 km/h)
Jump Jets: Unknown
    Jump Capacity: 270 meters (330 meters)
Armor: Unknown Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
    2  Clawss
    1  Talons

Internal Structure: Endo-Composite                58 points                2.625
    Internal Locations: 2 LA, 2 RA
Engine:             XL Engine                    315                      10.750
    Walking MP: 9
    Running MP: 14 (23)
    Jumping MP: 9 (11) Standard
    Jump Jet Locations: 4 LT, 5 RT                                         4.50
Heat Sinks:         (CL) Double Heat Sink        10(23)                    0.000
Gyro:               Standard                                               4.000
Cockpit:            Small                                                  2.000
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Ferro-Fibrous                AV -   0                  0.000
    Armor Locations: 1 HD, 2 LT, 1 RT, 2 LA, 1 RA

Internal       Armor      
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            0         
                                        Center Torso     11           0         
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  0         
                                           L/R Torso     8            0         
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  0         
                                             L/R Arm     6            0         
                                             L/R Leg     8            0         

Supercharger                                 CT        -         1         1.075
MASC                                         RT        -         1         1.000
(CL) Partial Wing                            LT/RT     -         3/3       2.000
Claws                                        RA        -         3         2.334
Claws                                        LA        -         3         2.334
Talons                                       LL        -         2         2.332
                                            Free Critical Slots: 8

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      0    Points: 3
14         0       0       0       0      1     0   Structure:  2
Special Abilities: MEL, ENE, SRCH, ES, SOA
Edit: New and improved!

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 12, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

It's 3:30am and I just designed something that essentially amounts to a Fire Moth with 4 tons worth of ER Micro Lasers and a targeting computer. Who cares if you can't take a hit when you can put 32 points of damage where you want them and then use MASC to run out of weapons range?

Yeah, it's way too engrossing. I stayed up designing a 35t light Omni that moves 9/23/11 with supercharger and partial wing, armed with two claws, talons, and no armor whatsoever. I named it "Bird of Prey BOP-3". Ahh, experimental tech and fractional accounting.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Dunno if anyone cares, but Steam has a weekend sale on Crysis titles ($5-10). Crysis Warhead and the complete pack both come with Crysis War, the multiplayer add-on which is the basis of the total conversion mod MechWarrior: Living Legends!

I'm looking forward to checking out stompy robots of death, and I thought some here might enjoy as well...

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
FYI- The MW:LL installation is pretty painful. You download version 0.4.0, then download and install sequentially each new update through 0.4.9. Also, make sure you have Crysis Wars installed and set up with a profile before doing this. And that you have a GameSpy account.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I hope someone with vastly more skills than me will draw an art of a mech jumpjetting away from an exploding factory. I suppose you could take inspiration from Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I don't see a lot of love for the Clan ER Large laser, could anyone explain that?

I skirmished the computer in MegaMek across a river, and the only reason I was doing well at all was the cERLLas slightly out-ranging the shittons of ER PPCs the IS team had while still doing decent concentrated damage. It's not as heat efficient or accurate as the cLPL; entirely true. However, it is smaller and lighter and gives you another 5 hexes of range. Still, I think I prefer something with one concentrated punch for long-range harrassment over the spray of damage from LRMs.

That's also the battle where I learned to love over-sinked mechs that can lay down continuous heavy fire after a Night Gyr kept the enemy at bay and headcapped three mechs.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
You know, these achievements will only encourage reckless play. I like it.
    :Do it from behind: Kill an enemy mech with a shot to *TR
    code:
    Completed 2011.02.01. Awarded to William "Axe-man" Desmond BJ-1DB Blackjack, Cylene
    :Assassin's Creed: Kill an enemy mech with an edged weapon
    :IT'S A TRAP: Overreact to opfor tactics
    :LRN 2 Drive: Die as a result of a failed PSR
    :LRN 2 Shoot: Fail a 3+ TH roll (Thanks to AtomikKrab for correction)
    :My other car is a Prius: Demonstrate efficiency with two kills in 3 turns. Bonus for completion in a tank.
    code:
    Mech completion: Completed 2011.01.27. Awarded to Sandra 'Pladdicus' St. Croix, VLT-5T Vulcan, Cylene
    :Conditional Risk- More likely from a shark attack: Die from a (ER)PPC shot
    code:
    Completed 2011.04.05. Awarded to Staff Sergeant Major Gerhart "Angry_Ed" von Kempner, BNC-3S Banshee, with aid 
    from Mechwarrior Drang of Clan Steel Viper, Hellbringer/Lucerne Prime, Somerset. Thanks to landcollector
    :Tokyo Drift: Skid in a mech without taking damage
    :2Fast2Furious: Achieve a self or opfor mission kill with a skid
    :Yes, considerably: 2 opfor mech kills in a battle
    code:
    Completed 2011.03.22. Awarded to Rebecca “bunnyofdoom” Moss, LNC25-01 Lancelot, Unnamed world in the Free World 
    League-Capellan Confederation borderlands
    :PC LOAD LETTER: Kill an enemy with at least one club attack and one kick
    :Burn the land: Start a forest fire
    code:
    Completed 2011.03.27. Awarded to Leutnant Samantha "Mukaikubo" Clover, ZEU-6S Zeus, Somerset
    :Boil the sea: Attack an opponent in a water hex (suggestions welcome for this one...)
    :You can't take the sky from me: Kill an opponent mid-DFA to block the attack
    code:
    Completed 2011.05.18. Awarded to Von Luckner Tank Crew 13 "Dragonslayers", VNL-K65N Von Luckner Heavy Tank, with aid 
    from Heimdall Operative “Snow” AKA "Capskye", ASN-21 Assassin, Tharkad
    :Bored: Attack something for no tactical or mission benefit
    :This is My BOOMSTICK: Obtain a kill with a single-shot ranged weapon dealing 15 damage or greater (ie LRM20s don't count. UAC10s, RACs marginal, depends on the heroism of the kill)
I may have missed some completions, help appreciated!

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 21, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

landcollector posted:

The "More likely from a shark attack" achievement has been met.

Updated!

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Learn 2 shoot needs to be changed to a 3+ you literally cannot miss a 2+, not even with snake eyes, there is no automatic failure on snake eyes in btech.

Quite right, updated!

:LRN 2 Play: Fail to understand basic game mechanics.
code:
Completed on 2011.05.20. Awarded to Rivensteel, SA LP Battletech

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

GhostStalker posted:

Interesting. So are you going to post what actually went down there or do we just have to wait for PTN to write up a new story post to go alongside our vote for next theater? Probably the latter, I guess.

Even better with video, epic soundtrack and color commentary by John Madden. "Oh my, I think that mech just got shot and fell down!"

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

“What do you suggest?” Tiepolo asked quietly.

“A discrete force. A Level III—”

“—is hardly discrete,” Mori pointed out.

PTN, not to be too tardy and pedantic, but I think you mean 'discreet' here. Unless there was a concern about sending fractions of a mech or a box of mismatched parts or something.

Also, the vote is too late and wasted, but I'd love to see scenario C.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

an oddly awful oud posted:

And, since it's loaded with all that premiere Clan tech, the thing is deadly in the actual game, tearing your Victor apart by circle-strafing you in a Bar Mitzvah chicken dance of death.

I hate the Black Python. I will hate it as long as I live.

Call me a pragmatist, but I don't really care what it looks like or how bad the fluff is if it's a clearly-purposed, well-designed mech. And from my noob reading of the Black Python, it's detractors will be laughing with crispy fried lungs.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Arquinsiel posted:

Then they refined it MORE.

Cripes, a fast light with an Erpsie? That's terrifying, assuming it's sinked enough to use it frequently.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Arquinsiel posted:

It has 10 doubles. At that engagement range it can use it all the drat time.

The Clan doesn't really do skirmishers or guerrilla warfare, though, right? And they prefer single combat where you should not run away from your enemy or avoid their fire? That would seem to negate the advantages gained by using it like a dirty raider.

Also, a sidenote: The Black Lanner must be the absolute derpiest mech in the canon

E: No longer image leeching.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 8, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Nevets posted:

Arquinsiel posted:

Sadly.... no.

Counterpoint

:downsgun:

Exactly, how many other mechs look like a celebrating quail?

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 8, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

Same with the Black Lanner. Good heads up.

Fixed, thanks for the notice.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Mukaikubo posted:

I do so love my Lynx and its goofy, heart-shaped cockpit window. :allears:

Wow, that looks like a highly impressive mech for IS technology around the Clan invasion. When you remake it in equivalent Clan tech, it's really really nice.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Clan MVP: The late, lamented Elementals

CS MVP: Must be the Wyvern, filled with the spirit and strength of Blake himself.

Also, question: The dropship hull took a few mech weapon hits. Under any circumstances will that cause a breach?

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

landcollector posted:

Well, since no one said anything in either direction I'll keep it brief:

Hunchback IIC Variant LRE
Weight: 50 tons
Movement: 5/8/4
Armor: 9.0 tons FF
Weapons: 2 ER-PPCs, 3 ER Medium Lasers
Max Heat/ Heat Dissipated: 49/38

Very nice. I have a thing for oversinked mechs with big guns. Who needs complementary weapon systems when you can unleash the middle finger of god every 10 seconds? Two of them, no less.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Man, you guys really know how to economize for the military in these difficult economic times. After this battle, everyone can get sent home in the same sponge!

Edit: It looks like you have put quad 1 down for a little bit. Even with initiative, it's not going anywhere very far. On the other hand, the tasty little Quad 2 and the very annoying King Crab IIc are in a tight little knot, perfect for surrounding and love tapping. I'd say that everyone should gather round those two to block off escape routes and divide up 1:3 or 3:1 to take down targets. I'd recommend focusing on the KC IIC, since it's a bona fide critseeker and most of you have some very vulnerable recently-installed ventilation.

Rivensteel fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 2, 2011

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I'd just like to point out that the Varangian is a fine name and all, but we all know that the Nord Huscarl spanks the pants off of the Vaegir Guard.

(Yes, late weigh in, no real effect, just whining, already a unit named Huscarl, etc. Sorry.)

To provide some actual content:
In what context are those big rifles with legs (eg Hollander) deployed? I can't see them with a light recon unit; maybe in a medium unit attached to a heavy/assault lance? It seems like it could provide area denial versus mediums and lights and assassination runs on assault mechs.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Scarymech Prime

Impressive mechs, PTN. Is there a particular strategy for how you place your weapon systems?

I tend not to place all of one major weapon type in one place like you did for the Beta variant; putting all your LPLs in one basket as it were. I try to spread the major weapon systems between the arms unless I have particularly dangerous ammo, in which case I isolate the ammo and it's launcher to one limb or side.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
So... we've mentioned that the bird-alien-Ewoks fought in Far Country. How many are we talking about and how effective were they? I'm kinda hoping/not hoping that the major twist is 50 Birdo platoons suddenly un-ninja and start pelting GoonStar with eggs or something.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Option E- If the threat were truly enough to rattle both the DCMS and Comstar AND take out HPG nodes, it is one to take seriously.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I really like the idea of A, fighting a suicidal guerilla war as the sole resistance to the Clan steamroller.

On the other hand, I LOVE the idea of a suicidal "gently caress YOU, let's invade the British Empire in Space and give no shits" attack. Since it looks like A will win anyways, I'll cast my symbolic vote for E.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Got it. Okay, so B is where he is and will get to move last next turn. So you've got two choices for the Monitor. You can...

Stay still, unload both AC20s and one SRM-2 looking for 7s and die in the crossfire between B and C.

or

Move to 0414, stay unseen and unable to be shot by anyone and hope to draw Joe out of the woods and shoot him instead next turn.

Since B will get to move after you next turn, he'll definitly kill you next turn, so you can either take the sure shots at B now and die, or hope you get a good shot at A next turn...and still die.

I recommend Stand Still and Shoot.

I was actually going to propose that the Monitor backs downriver while taking those shots at B. A can't fire this turn, and if the RM survives to the following turn, it has the chance to engage A and prevent Ace designation, which could be a critical edge.

Then it will die, of course, but there wasn't much hope for it anyways. If, on the insane slim odds it survives backing into a Clan Assault, it remains a serious threat firing on rear armor with AC-20s. It will at the very least divert one or two local opfor, giving you a breather and a chance to focus fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

See the Cattlemech makes actual sense. (Its designed for herding mechsized animals) The harvestermech makes none, no sense :psyduck: BATTLETECH.

Maybe they're growing space-age Venus flytraps or Piranha plants or something that fights back. Then you'd need the ability to pummel it in the face before you cut it in half.

• Locked thread