Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
I've got two questions.

Is it possible to setup a profile so when I press the camera button twice it launches the flashlight app but when I long-press it launches the camera app? I don't see a way to make it listen for multiple button presses.

Second, I have a Desire Z and it doesn't seem to be picking up on events, when I was testing the above I created a profile with the camera button action and set it to stop all events to prevent the camera being launched but when I press the camera button the camera app is launched. Has anyone seen this occur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Fancy_Lad posted:

Do you plug it in when you get in your car?

If so, you could make a plug in event to always turn on bluetooth (since who really cares about power consumption when you are plugged in) and then another event to fire up Slacker when it makes a bluetooth connection to your car.

This is what I do, I have an action connected to when I plug in the AC power and another when I plug in the headset. When both are plugged in it will launch a few tasks (set volume to 80%, turn on Bluetooth, turn off Wi-Fi).

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

How do you create the pop-up? I swear I saw the option awhile back but can't figure out how to do it.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Ahhhh, there it is! Thanks for that, finally have the music menu like I wanted.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Iananan posted:

Ok, resurrecting this thread with a dilemma. I'm trying to sort out a task that will pause my music when youtube launches. The usual application variable works when opening youtube from the app drawer, but not when launched from a link, does anyone know how to make that work? (say I've clicked a link in facebook, the popup appears saying open in browser or youtube, I choose youtube, and music continues to play)

Shouldn't you be able to just set a context for when Youtube is in focus?

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

Iananan posted:

I thought that was what I was doing, is that not the same as selecting youtube from the app list?

is the app list launch/close and focus is different?

Are you adding a context of application and selecting Youtube? When you use that it will activate the profile when the app is in focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

I discovered this website that has a lot of handy profiles. I grabbed the one for toggling GPS and added it to my car mode profile.

• Locked thread