Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I'm sure the Bosch is fine, but I think the 1/2" drive on the impact driver is gimmicky, you can just buy one of these to adapt any impact to any size you want.

For around the same price I'd go with the DeWalt ecosystem, it's larger, you can get real badass nut smackers if you want, and their cordless tools are really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Do not bury extension cords, it is unsafe.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

They make burial rated low voltage cable, just use that.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-16-2-Landscape-Lighting-Cable-By-the-Foot/50142288

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Khizan posted:

I inherited the DeWalt drill/impact set from my dad and I've picked up the reciprocating saw and couple other things to go along with them, but I still only have the pair of 2 amp-hour batteries that came with the drill and that's really not enough any more.

What's the best way to get more batteries? Are there knockoffs that are any good? Right now I'm sort of leaning towards waiting for holiday sales and seeing if I can get a decent package deal for a tool I don't already own.

I've had pretty good luck with knockoffs, expect to get 1/3-1/2 the advertised power out of them, so price them against OEM accordingly. (Also they might burn your house down)

Otherwise, wait around for deals, or see if a DeWalt rep will be in one of your local stores, they'll often throw in a nice big battery with a bare tool you might already want.

IME the batteries alone almost never go on sale, it's a racket.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Just match the ID with any hose rated for 1Mpa/10bar/150PSI at your local hose retailing spot (hardware or auto parts store)

E: if you're in an English Imperial measuring system area of the world, 5/16" tubing should do yah.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 27, 2021