Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

tracecomplete posted:

I need to pick up a brad nailer and a pin nailer, both pneumatic. I don't want to go super cheap (the Arrow ones have a reputation for jamming and bending the driver, I'm reading?), and I'm willing to spend a few bucks; is there a pressing reason to buy, like, a DeWalt or a Metabo over something cheaper like a Porter Cable? Are there significant build differences once you get out of the ultra-budget range?

Some people say they really like the Ridgid "clean drive" and that it actually does jam less, but it's 2021 and the internet is mostly lies, so I have no idea.

Is air power the way to go for those still? I know cordless has gotten a shitload better in the last 10years or so, but idk about them for brad/finish nailers.

I also have to do a bunch of trim and may want an excuse to get some 18v stuff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

fair enough, seems like time to take the plunge - is the combo kit the best route to go? I have 12v bosch drill and impact driver and they're done well for years so I haven't had a great reason to buy bigger ones, and it seems like every kit has them. I know I'll be needing a circ saw and finish nailer which don't seem to be common kit components dicking around on home depots site...

If I'm looking for:
Circ Saw (not sure if I really need a worm/hypoid or not)
Nailer
Oscillating tool (Bosch has a 12v one that would match my existing stuff - cheap to just buy the tool but idk if 12v would last long there...
Recip saw maybe? I've got access to corded ones but might be nice...
Nut fucker 5000 - dont really need it but gently caress it why not

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Hey does anyone have that link to the place where you could get cheap(er) wallboard/pegboard? I had the tab open for months and never saved it and now the wife wants to get some for tool organizing