Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!

Iskariot posted:

Anyone have any insight on http://www.gmctools.com/ ? I don't know anything about the brand and I've never seen it in any of the European webshops. A small Norwegian shop is selling GMC tools quite cheap (guessing for a reason)
GMC is absolute garbage. I was given a GMC cordless from my stepfather and the batteries last about 10 minutes. Never was game to try anything else from them. You usually get what you pay for but my old boss bought an XU1(?) electric drill for $30 with a 1" chuck and it lasted forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!
Anyone bought/used the cordless Ryobi +1 range? Thinking about getting a starter kit for an upcoming job. http://www.ryobitools.com/lithium/

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!

dwoloz posted:

By "job" do you mean personal or professional?

I ask because I would not put Ryobi in the "professional" category; they're pretty much entry level stuff. Brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, Hilti, Ridgid, etc will be more durable and better overall on a jobsite (despite most of these brands unfortunately now being owned by the same Asian mega corporations that pump out cheap stuff too)
Professional but it's a one off thing. A few days work out on the water with no access to power. It's mostly a hand tool job and I would get a few batteries to keep going. I have intentions of moving overseas so don't really want to build up a stock of power tools.