Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I tried to search the model number to see if anyone has talked about this model but forums search is trash. Local Home Depot has this GTS1031 portable Bosch table saw for $280.

Worth it if I don't have a table saw currently? I have need for one down the road for flooring and possibly bookcase making. I have the Bosch 15A 12" miter and love it, and my only concern about this is the limited width of boards it can do (I think)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BraveUlysses posted:

hitachi has a pretty good table saw that gets down to 300-330 bucks on sale. I like the rack and pinion style fence (similar to DW), 35" max width rip and integrated stand with storage mode

This one?

Maybe I just need to wait and get this DEWALT. I'm going to want a stand anyway, and every other DEWALT tool I own has been solid.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Does anyone have any experience/opinion they could offer on oscillating tools? Makita, or the OG FEIN?

I have some projects coming up that will require one, and more in the future.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Pressure Washer Opinions needed:

https://simpsoncleaning.com/products/simpson-megashot-ms60773-s/

Any thoughts on this Simpson versus the Generacs or other brands? Use will be light (mainly occasionally cleaning siding, cars, and my new Trex deck) but I want something with enough power to do anything I would need it to do.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

TacoHavoc posted:

I bought that exact washer last year. Plenty of power for everything I have needed to do:
- stains on concrete and pavement
- siding cleaning
- blowing the poo poo out of all the spaces in my patio and refilling
and more I'm sure I'm forgetting. Only potential downside is that it doesn't throttle down when not actively pumping, but with a little planning you shouldn't have it on and not spraying anyway.

Have you used it on your vehicles at all? If so, how easy is it to adjust the power/what did you have to change, just the nozzle?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

stealie72 posted:

While on pressure washer chat, is there a groupthink favorite gas one? I slept on the Husqvarna one that Costco had cheap so now I need to figure out what to get.

I am buying this one after using a Simpson a friend had with the same engine:

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1030424-honda-megashot-2800-psi-gas-pressure-washer.html

This is the Honda branded version of the Simpson with the same engine/PSI/GPM. It doesn't have a built in detergent tank but I don't know how often I will need that.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a good gutter cleaning attachment for a pressure washer? I finally picked up my pressure washer today (Honda/Simpson 3200psi) and I the store did not have many accessories at all.

Also, any other attachments that I will find out are super useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Nevets posted:

I bought a pair of similarly designed sawhorses a couple years ago:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/TOUGHBUILT-42-4-in-W-x-28-8-in-H-Steel-Sawhorse-and-Jobsite-Table-1100-lb-Capacity-TB-C550/205870368

They work well, but admittedly I've only moved them around a couple times and mostly used them as table legs to rest my chopsaw on.

Holy poo poo, thank you. These look great and with some 2x4's and plywood this solves my need for workbench