Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

jonathan posted:

Also, for music listening from the computer, I recommend streaming it over the playstation. No real point these days of running extra rca cables when so many streaming options exist.

If you don't have a ps3 or just want to go an alternate route, these things seem to be pretty popular:

http://www.logitech.com/speakers-audio/wireless-music-systems/devices/5745

More cables, but small and convenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Looking for a new receiver. I have a Yamaha RX v663 right now, possibly looking to upgrade into the Onkyo TX-NR727 which is on sale (refurb) at Woot for $500 today.

The things that I care about at a first glance that I would be gaining are 1) more HDMI inputs (a good thing), 2) more watts per channel on a system that has volume issues with some sources, and 3) Audyssey modes vs a receiver that has had lackluster room correction for a room of my size and shape for as long as i've been using it.

Thoughts/opinions/etc of note? Are there any choices around the same price (give/take) that might have more to offer? I still only use a 5.1 system, but it seems having 7.1 or 7.2 receivers is the standard now.