Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does anyone have the JBL Bar 9.1 and keep the rears on 24/7 USB charging? Mine seem to go to sleep / not charge completely that way until I unplug and re-plug them, but I've got them on a 2A APC wall outlet surge protector + USB and a goddamn 10W iPad brick after I thought the APC unit was somehow unable to handle both. Surely it can't be the cables? I bought a pair of brand new 9'ers just for these speakers.

I've e-mailed support but the Canadian outfit seems to contract out; if they're clueless I'll call the American line.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

When you set your TV's input to something other than the HDMI eARC input, the AV Receiver should also automatically switch to it's eARC/TV input provided you have HDMI CEC enabled.
Is there any way to stop this? I power my XBox One on, then the TV, and end up having to switch the soundbar back to the other input because the chain is XBox --> Bar --> TV. The TV is six years old now so I figure it's best to have the most modern piece of equipment at the centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
No eARC on the TV (just ARC) and no luck putting manual remote codes into the XBox. For whatever reason the only HDMI-CEC flow is from TV to bar. I'll probably need a new TV to be the A/V centrepiece, and no way am I tossing a perfectly good 120Hz 1080p to avoid pressing two extra buttons.