Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stoops
Jun 11, 2001
If I connect my fire stick to the receiver and I need to use one of the inputs on the receiver , can I use the firestick to control that (or get to that input?)

I have a tv with 2 hdmi
1 center with 2 extra hdmi
1 fire stick

I’m assuming I should connect center to tv and firestick to center?

I’m trying to make it so I just use one remote (preferably fire stick)

The extra input I need to control is security cams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoops
Jun 11, 2001
I bought a Yamaha 5.1 system. Connected the speakers and plugged the bluray, firestick and camera respectively.

If I play the Blu-ray it works , but once I switch inputs to firestick then back to blu, the bluray player flicks on and off every few seconds.

This also happens with the camera doing the off and on .

If I start with cam it works fine but once I switch input, and back again, it blinks.

What I end up doing is unplugging the tv connect to the receiver to get it going again.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong or what I set up wrong?

stoops
Jun 11, 2001

brand engager posted:

Sounds CEC related, see if you can find the "control device through HDMI" setting and turn it off.

Which device should i turn it off at, the tv itself or the bluray player?

One other thing I just noticed. If i have the receiver off, i can still switch inputs and they all work and switch fine.

Also, I noticed that when i move from bluray to tv, the tv gives a message that it's adjusting for UHD (my bluray is also UHD so i dunno).

Thanks.