Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«109 »
CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

this is a job for the Punk

MassRafTer posted:

Chuck would have been the first in UFC.

Did PRIDE pay out that much to Rickson?

I think there's a chance Chuck never cleared a million in above-board pay. He was definitely their highest-paid fighter for awhile, but that was also at a time when the UFC's pay structure was considerably lower and they didn't yet confirm that anyone was getting PPV points period. He definitely SHOULD be the first, if he didn't clear a million for UFC 66 it'd be a loving crime.

Snowden always said he heard from Rickson's people that Pride paid him a million, but Pride didn't disclose until they came to America so it's hard to know for sure and Rickson has this thing about inflating numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 16, 2003
;(

CarlCX posted:

I think there's a chance Chuck never cleared a million in above-board pay. He was definitely their highest-paid fighter for awhile, but that was also at a time when the UFC's pay structure was considerably lower and they didn't yet confirm that anyone was getting PPV points period. He definitely SHOULD be the first, if he didn't clear a million for UFC 66 it'd be a loving crime.

Snowden always said he heard from Rickson's people that Pride paid him a million, but Pride didn't disclose until they came to America so it's hard to know for sure and Rickson has this thing about inflating numbers.

agree and lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

CarlCX posted:

Chuck definitely made over a million a fight on a couple of his bigger fights. The structure of those contracts came out in a lawsuit, maybe the Randy one?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

This is from the Chael-cast so who knows, but he indicates big headliners equal multi-million paydays.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Captain Log posted:

This is from the Chael-cast so who knows, but he indicates big headliners equal multi-million paydays.

There are a few guys who have made $5 million or more. Based on the contract he was offered by UFC Eddie Alvarez lost out on 7 figures when he couldn't fight Bendo during his Bellator contract dispute. And that was just a guy semi main eventing a 900,000 buy show.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

There are a few guys who have made $5 million or more. Based on the contract he was offered by UFC Eddie Alvarez lost out on 7 figures when he couldn't fight Bendo during his Bellator contract dispute. And that was just a guy semi main eventing a 900,000 buy show.

Chael put a ton of emphasis on how valuable pay per view points but said for legal reasons he couldn't list figures. But I THINK he stated some athletes double and triple their payday with sponsors.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000
Old Man of the Forums

Memento posted:

Which fight best shows off Vitor Belfort in all of his pure-horsemeat special-sauce glory?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG-rml3saNg#t=228s
Vitor vs Wanderlei

Biggest Meltdowner
Jul 13, 2007

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PUT ME ON IGNORE. AFTER AN ENTIRE FUCKING DECADE, I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST ANYTHING WORTH READING. MOREOVER, HURFDURF

drat. That Rockhold spinning poo poo is a sick KO.

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

austin 3:16 says shut up. shut hte fuck up. where is my beer. i need hel

is chael's loss to anderson still the biggest choke a fighter had going into the end of the fight, ie they were ahead on scorecards and got finished in humiliating fashion

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

STONE COLD 64 posted:

is chael's loss to anderson still the biggest choke a fighter had going into the end of the fight, ie they were ahead on scorecards and got finished in humiliating fashion

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Mike Russow owned so much.

Biggest Meltdowner
Jul 13, 2007

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PUT ME ON IGNORE. AFTER AN ENTIRE FUCKING DECADE, I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST ANYTHING WORTH READING. MOREOVER, HURFDURF

I never noticed the polite hammerfist to demonstrate that Duffee was out cold.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

...and the pitch! posted:

That "polite" hammerfist put Duffee into the ICU. Hammerfist of doom.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

STONE COLD 64 posted:

No pun intended, it is indeed the biggest choke. Chael says he thinks about it, constantly, daily.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

Nap Ghost

...and the pitch! posted:

There's an edit somewhere that has mortal kombat sounds and russow as raiden. It yells finish him when he falls to the ground with a clown nose sound for the bop at the end but I'll be damned if I can find it right now.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

I DO WANT TO HIGHLIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXSQ33LL7Q

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

it's really good.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I can't believe that was 8 years ago, jesus.

Biggest Meltdowner
Jul 13, 2007

That's the best thing I've ever seen. I love how the hat flies off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

Nap Ghost

It's just as good as I remember.

«109 »