Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I casually watch UFC so I know a few fighters, but feel like asking anyway, who are some really good fighters in UFC and MMA in general?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

niethan posted:

Was it unplanned or was it "unplanned"? Cause pulling a knife on a dude is kind of illegal...

It was a shoot brother.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

niethan posted:

How are such details known? Are they from background sources or speculation or what? Was Tank at least fired directly after the incident?

I poo poo you not, he later went on to feud with a boy band until they finally fired him.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

A Pale Horse posted:

The other thing you should know about Anderson Silva is that he occasionally has The Most Terrible Fights. Anderson is a brilliant counter puncher, but if someone doesn't try to aggressively engage him he tends to dance, do capoeira moves and punch people in their knees instead of really attacking. This led to 2 title defenses that were called disgraceful by Dana White, a man who's shamelessness when it comes to UFC promotion normally knows no bounds. A lot of people hate him because of those 2 title defenses and want nothing more than to see him lose and go away.

He's the most successful fighter in UFC history going a perfect 12-0 since he joined the org in 2006, with 8 of those wins coming in title fights.

Anderson Silva sounds like my kind of fighter. I'll try to pick up the PPV and catch the prelims on Saturday.

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 3, 2011

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

That's a really good write up. Thinks.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

I don't doubt it, I just want a nice post that shows me that, shows me what there is to enjoy in the product.

"Tonight, the arena is sold out. A dozen shades of gray will square off in a pageantry of war. The opponents are unlikely in the real world, but in the amphitheater of our imagination, they're well matched. The punk rockers will battle the mountain men. The black separatists will fight the post-apocalyptic warriors. The gang-banger will rumble with the aristocrat. The future will struggle with the past, and the living will duel with the dead. In the end, just like a good Soap Opera, no issues will be resolved; the story is "To Be Continued". The combatants will live to fight another night, in another town. Is wrestling fake? Absolutely. It's as fake as your imagination, as phony as your daydreams. Are we celebrating violence when we enjoy a wrestling match? Definitely. Does this mean we're a society in decay? Maybe, but don't forget that, unlike the Romans, we're not throwing Christians to the lions here. Maybe we should sit back, relax, enjoy the show, and take comfort in the knowledge that we live in a society that prefers its mayhem to be make-believe. Sure, wrestling's fake; we wouldn't have it any other way."
~ Steve Allen, The Unreal Story of Professional Wrestling

The way I describe pro wrestling to my friends is "Exaggerated Combat".

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

What is your opinion of Herb Dean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

How long are Jon Jones's arms? They look pretty long.