Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Perhaps this was already asked, but gently caress it.

I know the deal a *little bit*, but can anybody explain why Gilbert Melendez is stuck in Strikeforce? What I know is that Zuffa started signing away Strikeforce talent to come to the UFC, and because of this, when Zuffa acquired Strikeforce, there was an agreement that Strikeforce fighters would remain there, and that's why GM is stuck there.

Am I right or is my head up my rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

How big of an upset was nick diaz over gomi considered?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

Diaz was around +300 (25% to win)

Thanks. Would have looked myself but the archives at bestfightodds didn't go back that far.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Because very early on in the development of the unified rules, some of the regulators watched a karate breaking competition and decided that looked "too dangerous".

I thought this was a myth...:lol:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

A friend of mine just asked me what commentary ment by "cutting off the cage" in mma and I wanted to show him some examples.

What are the best examples of best/worst you guys can think of in that respect? I was thinking recent: Best being Weidman vs Machida and worst being Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks guys.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I'm not a huge boxing guy, but I just watched Pacquiao vs Bradley 1 for the first time and turned the sound off to score for myself.

The DEC was obviously really controversial and alot of people thought it was one of the worst they'd ever seen. I actually scored it 114-114. Am I retarded, or was this boxing's version of the GSP/Hendricks DEC, in that it was very close and could've went either way, and the fans complaining about it are stupid?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Kekekela posted:

This is incredible, man I hope he won.

He did. Knocked out Rad Martinez.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

When did the UFC implement the rule that they don't grant you a 1lb allowance for title fights? Maybe it's a wrong article but I'm reading about Travis Lutter's weight cut for Anderson and it's saying he needed to hit 186.5, not 185, in order to make weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

fatherdog posted:

When it's champ vs interim champ sometimes its the champ first and sometimes the interim, mostly down to who the UFC likes better.

Not so sure about this. I can't remember the last time an interim champ came out after the actual champ and that includes the UFC's favorite son, Conor McGregor.

I'm not sure if "the champ comes out before the challenger" is an old school thing but I don't recall it ever happening, at least not in my time watching in the past five years or so.