Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
MMA newbie here. I was reading this article on Sakuraba, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the video promo described here:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/an-ode-to-kazushi-sakuraba

quote:

Sakuraba’s next opponent would be the undefeated god of cage fighting, the pioneer, the Adam of MMA, Royce Gracie.

The promo Pride cut for Royce vs Sakuraba was priceless. It showed the Grandmaster, Helio Gracie, sitting in a chair, in a business suit, watching Royler lose to Sakuraba, Helio’s expression was stoic and emotionless. Then it cut to a view of a beach, presumably in Brazil, with the Grandmaster looking out in the distance. Far away one could see the figures of what appeared like three men jogging and, as it came into focus, you saw who the center man was: Royce Gracie! Having been away from the octagon for six years, the undefeated Royce Gracie was finally coming back to fight Sakuraba, to avenge the family honor. Like an ancient Near Eastern god, choosing a champion in the divine council, the montage conveyed a feeling that Royce was chosen by the wise Grandmaster, to defend Mt. Olympus.

I'm assuming this was for Pride Grand Prix 2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU