Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

If Ronda had listened to her mom, she might still be a fighter and champ today.

In case anyone is thinking this might be a joke, this is literally true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Captain Log posted:

If you are a goon that has fought in a gym ever, you’re an expert in this neck of the woods.

You hit the nail though. The A/T thread is there but it has seemingly dick all to do with combat sports, just practical self defense and people getting winded from reading.

I guess I wish that thread existed for people who were at least amateur level in a sport.

I think I can weigh in as an unbiased outsider. I am a huge UFC fan, but I have no desire to learn a martial art, and I have no skin in the game regarding this question. So I think I can give my (probably useless and stupid) opinion since I'm not affected by a mod decision on this.

If I was a scared, paranoid, ordinary citizen (which I am) wanting to know how to defend myself from that sketchy hooligan on the street, I might go to the A/T thread. On the other hand, I believe that if you were a serious martial artist wanting expert advice on technique beyond how to get away from some criminal in an alley, then I'd probably be inclined to check the Rowdy Ringsports forum for some kind of "I'm learning BJJ/karate/wrestling/boxing, can any goons help me with what to do in this situation?" thread.

So, I think your thread idea in this forum is valid and appropriate.