Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

kimbo305 posted:

For different states' ACs, how long beforehand is it known which judges will be judging a fight?
When looking at robberies or other fights where it seems like the judges have some ulterior motive, I wonder how long beforehand the corrupt parties might need to negotiate something to buy the judges.

It's far far far more likely that a lot of judges are just incompetent and/or don't watch fights.

To actually answer the question though, I was able to find an article from June 15 last year announcing the ref and judges for the Silva/Sonnen 2 fight that took place on July 7th. I found one for Jan 22 about the Feb 2 Aldo/Edgar fight. Seems somewhat inconsistent but I haven't really found a good source for the assignments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

BlindSite posted:

If the fight you're interested in is on the same card as one that went to a decision on that site, it's the same judges.

For some reason I thought that judges changed from fight to fight much like the refs. There are usually only so many in attendance on a given night but I didn't think it was the same three people all night long. Seems like it would lead to worse judging later on in an event if that were the case.