Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Julio Cesar Fatass posted:

I'm definitely glad to hear that gym wars are out of fashion in MMA. Too many boxing trainers think that having young guys tear each other to pieces is a replacement for teaching actual skills.

Mayhem Miller was telling a story once in his early Team Punishment days that him and Dan Henderson would head to a high school gym and fight at 100% all day, every day. I guess there were a mix of Quest and Punishment guys that would join in as well.

Can you imagine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ogantai posted:

The Co-Main Event is better than most. Rogan can be decent when he has an MMA guest, but be prepared for hour-long digressions on aliens, bigfoot, or ayahuasca; Brian Redban, his co-host, is also completely worthless.

Seconding the Co-Main Event.

Chad Dundas and Ben Fowlkes are both funny and informed, and kind of bicker like a married couple. It's tremendous.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Has there ever been an instance of a fighter cornering someone and later fighting on the same card?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
With all of the recent uproar on Duane Ludwig's involvement with Team Alpha Male's string of wins, and nature of said wins. I've heard both Chad Mendes and Joseph Benavidez say in interviews that Duane isn't only a striking coach, but also a game planner who watches tape. The troubling bit about all of this is that both $ and Benavidez said this wasn't really a practice that took place before they hired on Bang, and that they essentially just trained not necessarily in a cavalier way, just not to the extent where they're currently at now. There's actual structure at this point.

I guess my question is, how can an established camp with veteran fighters and former champions operate in such a laissez-faire kind of way?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

xcore posted:

Do you get a new belt every time you defend your title or is it just the one?

Does Anderson Silva really only have one belt hanging on his wall compared to Randy Couture's seven?

There was a video after one of the Brazil cards after Aldo defended where Andy was backstage with Ed Soares, and in the camera Ed says to Dana that Anderson wants a belt with the date and name of the fighter on it for each successful defense.

I'm assuming they have one belt, or at least that's the impression I got from that video blog.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

omg chael crash posted:

I'm 190ish posts behind on the bellator and bleague threads, can someone spoil all the jokes for me

Tito is back, baby!

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 2, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

vainman posted:

Do people really hate Silva because he grabbed shorts one time or do they hate him because he finished their favourite fighter twice?

Obviously the latter, but the former gives them ammo for their cause.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 11, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

twitter p much

you follow a few journalists + @FrontRowBrian and you'll be on the cutting edge of news or w/e

as this quote signifies, listen to every other thing Yuiry might say

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

Sonnen linked to shady investment plan

Hahahaha, yes

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Can someone give me a brief rundown of who Monte Cox is and why he seems like such an integral figure in the sport at one time? I see and hear his name mentioned often, but I've yet to get the real skinny on this fellow.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is Brock Jardine the most MMA name ever?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is adding a second "n" to McGregor's name the new phantom "h" people were giving Ronda?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

Ronda would probably beat the 5-10 male bantamweights

you're better than this

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

BlindSite posted:

Blessed with venom is a cool documentary if you like punchkickmans.

that should be a buddy cop movie featuring Holloway and MVP

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

really cool how people thought diego getting the poo poo beat out of him was fight of the year

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

attackmole posted:

Hi guys, looking here to get into music. I'd like to read about it but I'd rather not listen to anything. Any recommendations?

highly uncalled for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Yeah, they hooked up Dominick on top of being an on camera analyst.