Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006
While we're on the topic, it's common for guys at my Jiujitsu school to crank on eachother's wrists, is that illegal in MMA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006
On the 12 to 6 elbow rule. If a fighter in a dominant position, like side control, strikes with the same motion as the illegal variety, but doesn't draw his arm "ceiling to floor", is it illegal?

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006

Jack of Hearts posted:

The one I remember is Anderson battering the top of Lutter's head with them and making him tap to strikes. Rogan had to have Randy explain to him why the ref wasn't calling a foul, and his response to the explanation was "oh, that's really stupid then."

I was under the impression that anything goes when it comes to elbows from the bottom. My question was just about elbows from the top, but I guess the Congo fight answered that.

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006

Dangersim posted:

I believe you get a new belt every time, so Anderson has 11 or 12, depending on if he got one for the Lutter fight. I've heard Rampage say he has 3, 2 UFC and 1 Pride (Beat Chuck, defended against Hendo, and got a Pride belt from beating Hendo because that was a unification fight).

Edit: Just typing that out, Jesus Christ Anderson.

I thought Rampage was trying to make the case that he should get a Pride belt for the unification fight, not that he had gotten one.

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yeah, you'd want to have more than one belt so some rear end in a top hat in sudden financial trouble doesn't take a hammer to it to sell off pieces.

Then you just use it as the UFC Hardcore belt.