Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wait is the girl in question played by Marcy D'arcy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Punisher written by conservatives? I'll have to check it out. I did a full read of Punisher and Punisher War Journal from the 80s/90s and man you can see the DEA propaganda fingerprints all over some of those stories, especially I want to say the first ~25 issues of The Punisher Vol 2. Its pretty interesting to read critically through a 'war on drugs' lens.

I even think there's one where Frank soliloquies that Oliver North was a hero.

Don't even get me started on the racist stereotypes left right and center. Not that Ennis' run was that much better, but at least he was self-aware.

e: Conservative Punisher is more a return to form is what I'm trying to say.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for posting that I find it super interesting.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TheJoker138 posted:

I read through all the early Punisher stuff in high school, and while I fully support you doing this, just beware that a lot of it is a slog of unmemorable or flat out bad stories. Like sure, every once in a while there's a highlight like Frank becoming black for two issues to team up with Luke Cage, but there's a ton of boring generic mobster stuff in between that stuff.

I read the complete 1980s Punisher run (+War Journal) a couple of years ago and this post is pretty accurate. The first 24-30 issues are good stuff, although sometimes it seems like the DEA may have been story consultants.

By which i mean the writing is some hilariously ham-fisted war on drugs propaganda.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Sorry to necro, but this is the first new information I've heard about the "Frank" comic: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/15/garth-ennis-new-punisher-comic-wont-feature-the-punisher/

Evidently it'll just be called "The Platoon."

Uggggh Goran Parlov again. Did Darrick Robertson gently caress his sister or something what the hell..

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Goran Parlov is fuckin great

No

Dude has all the talent of an editorial cartoonist and a Loebian upper torso fetish

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

If you're trying to convince us he's bad maybe link stuff that's not dope

No accounting for poor taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Yes let's all pretend those pictures are on the same level as this one.

All of Parlov's work looks like a 2 minute sketch. That's exactly the problem.

• Locked thread