Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dickeye posted:

Xenomrph: Volume 9, Long Cold Dark, is seriously the best Punisher MAX story. There's a scene in it that made everyone read it just go "gently caress."

That's up to debate, as I still consider The Slavers the best Punisher MAX story. In terms of artwork and story all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

choobs posted:

While I understand the sentiment that the Long Cold Dark would have made a perfect end for Ennis' run, Valley Forge Valley Forge worked really well too, especially considering the heavy references to Punisher: Born, which is how Ennis started the MAX series.

I seem to recall that Frank doesn't kill anyone in Valley Forge. I thought that was kind of a nice change of pace.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Who wants to talk about the worst Punisher story of all time?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

He's on a mission from God?

Sort of...?

As if that wasn't bad enough, at the end of the story, he swears that he'll never kill anyone ever again. Yeesh.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
This was the first Punisher story I remember reading, and it was badass. I need to buy this.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Tato posted:

He joined SHIELD at some point and I think he killed Nick Fury. He may have died in the process. I don't really recall how The Punisher was killed before he was resurrected as a demon hunter.

He kills himself, which is shown in a flashback during his demon hunter phase.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Which would you say is the better one shot?

The Cell or The End?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

SagatPunisherFanFic posted:

Secret shame: my undying love of Punisher 2099. His mission? TO BE EXTREME!

Yep, I need to buy all of these.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Len posted:

Pfft that's nothing. You need to try and dig up jigsaw 2099.

Edit: Found some on here.

From Punisher 2099 #10
Huge

Jakes electric chair of the future
Still big

Punisher 2099 #11
You know the drill

They made Jigsaw into Mean Machine from Judge Dredd?

E the Shaggy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 7, 2011

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Matt Cruea posted:

Mobsters are fun and all, but Punisher vs. MODOK is way more interesting.

A problem with that is, you can't really send Frank after these big name supervillains, because really he's never going to be able to really kill any of them.

I find that the Punisher works better for me in a real world scenario without superheroes. Though I will be the first to say that I loved that original Punisher/Wolverine fight in Ennis' MK run.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Here's a hosed up question:

In Up is Down, Black is White, was Auntie Moe in fact Nicky's actual aunt?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Man do I ever want to know What Frank's last words to Maria were.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

The Action Man posted:

Did Aaron say that we were getting another Max version of a Marvel Universe villain? I seem to remember that, and I'm hoping it's someone Frank meets in jail.

The max version of Jigsaw was AWFUL.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tombstone pop up though.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Punisher #1 by Rucka preview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32740

The detectives from Seven??

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Anybody read Remender's FrankenCastle arc?

It is SO much better than it has any right to be.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Fox is making a Punisher TV Show.....that is NOT the Punisher.

quote:

In Bernero’s proposed TV version, Castle will be a young NYPD detective who solves crimes by day and acts as vigilante by night.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51681

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Punisher Max is ending with issue 22.

:negative:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
This week's issue has probably one of the most insane, badass fights in the history of comics.

gently caress, I'm going to miss this book.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Vakal posted:

Walk it off Frank, you'll be fine.

I think every single internal organ he had outside of his brain was either torn to shreds or riddled with bullets by the end of the issue.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
So today's issue:

Goodbye Frank, its been a helluva ride.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Gavok posted:

So that Punisher death list I talked about earlier? Here's the full write-up. Warning, that sumbitch is long.

From What If #25, here's one of his stranger deaths.

Punisher MAX needed more lizard transformations.

Whenever I'm reminded of "Angel Punisher", I cringe. They retconned it so that Satan killed Frank's family, what else needs to be said?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

To be fair, Ennis also played around with that idea in Born. Well, either satan or the personification of death itself. It was the execution of Angel Punisher more than the concept that was awful really.

No I mean he literally killed them, as in he pulled the trigger of the gun that killed them while in a human host.

Granted, the execution was lovely overall, but I don't know if Ennis could even make the whole idea work overall, especially with the ending of the first arc being "Frank has learned not to kill criminals and will use his heaven guns to disarm them only!"

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Thank God.

quote:

While The Hulk may have been given the, ahem, green light, it has now been revealed by The Hollywood Reporter that The Punisher will not be joining him on the small screen. Despite the fact that Fox and ABC Studios were planning on moving ahead with Criminal Minds' Ed Bernero on a pilot, Paul Lee (the president of the latter network) has confirmed that it is not moving ahead. No reason was given, but you can read his comments about working on other Marvel TV shows by clicking HERE. The series was originally described as an hour-long procedural which would have made Frank Castle a rising NYPD detective who moonlights as The Punisher in order to seek justice for those that the system failed.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=59782

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
War Zone's pretty drat good, and is actually doing a really great job at portraying the Avengers individually.

I'm a little unclear as to the logic of why Thor didn't bring Castle in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I just realized that fairly soon the only place to read new Punisher stories...is in Thunderbolts :negative:

• Locked thread