Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

So who is the big bad of the Punisher universe?

Has any character ever surpassed the Barracuda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Punisher Max: Mother Russia Part 6 I believe

Off the top of my head and prob wrong - volume 5 issue 6 or 18?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Because he's a vet from vietnam is there a point where he'll be too old to use or will they recon him to be a Iraq vet?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

J.theYellow posted:

We're also forgetting Punisher vs. Eminem.

"Hi / My name is / My name is / BOOM"

It's Fred Van Lente, who doesn't write bad comic books, even when it's Punisher vs. Eminem, featuring Barracuda as an out-of-continuity crossdresser, and Salvador LaRocca pulling a Greg Land shamelessly copy-pasting Eminem's face into every scene instead of just drawing it.

The fact this features The Barracuda in a non cannon/more censored setting is both intriguing and stupid at the same time

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

JustV posted:

Common consensus is that it's really, really good (and the ending is a major kick in the nads). It's an interesting play off "does being the lesser of two evils necessarily make the Punisher a good person by default, or is he just another lesser evil?"

Plus you get to watch Frank kill Deadpool. A lot.

Their also doing a sequel focusing on Wolverine in the early days of the crisis

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Asphalt Engine posted:

So what are the odds of all these Fury appearances in the recent issues (especially the most recent of him dropping by in prison) just being a hallucination on the part of Castle?

I thought so at first but he does noticeably age between the flashbacks

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I really liked the Frank story and I liked how it tied in to the Kingpin Arc nicely, can't wait to see where it goes next

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Matt Cruea posted:

What was the one by David Lapham (I think?) about the guy who keeps his own penis in a jar? Also, why does that exist?

Is it me or is all Lapham writes about is something involving a dick?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

When did Punisher and Wolverine fight the midgets? That was a good story with the highlight of seeing Wolverine run over with a steam roller

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I'm surprised very little is being said about the punisher warzone crossover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Breetai posted:

Wish You Were Here is perhaps the sole exception, mainly because it focuses on the interactions between survivors moreso than on woundfucking.

I maintain the only thing that ruins Crossed for me is David Lapham who seems unable to tell a story with a decent payoff

I really liked both of Ennis's crossed stories

• Locked thread