Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«296 »
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Here he comes, that Mighty Mouse
Just like a bolt from the blue with a heart that's true
Fighting evil, fighting crime
And always there in the nick of time

JaySB posted:

I, as a short person, tried to reverse triangle the 260lbs purple belt today. It didn't work and he wet willied me for my efforts.

You deserved it and thanks for sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

JaySB posted:

I, as a short person, tried to reverse triangle the 260lbs purple belt today. It didn't work and he wet willied me for my efforts.
This guy sounds like he owns.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

It's normal to tickle people's feet during a gogoplata attempt, right?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Neon Belly posted:

It's normal to tickle people's feet during a gogoplata attempt, right?

just lol if you aren't tickling your opponents 100% of the time

Bangkero
Dec 28, 2005

I baptize thee
not in the name of the father
but in the name of the devil.

Xguard86 posted:

What's funny is that Im commuting to Toronto now and just joined a gym there. So I'm going be rolling back up with a new belt after a single class with them. They seem chill so I'm not too worried about being a target but I almost want like an official letter from my home gym to prove I'm not just like buying a belt on Amazon.
I just remembered that last year we had a blue belt from Toronto who was in town for work and was tooling a bunch of us blue belts for the week. He went back to Toronto for the weekend and the following week he was back in our gym with a purple belt on. It made a bunch of us blue belts feel a bit better about getting tooled and we were all happy for him getting promoted since he wasn't being an rear end in a top hat when rolling. He then proceeded to get tooled by a bunch of purples and browns all in good fun and thus the balance of our gym was corrected. You're not an rear end in a top hat so I'm pretty sure all will be right in the jiujitsu realm.

JaySB posted:

Ha, nice try. I've been out for a week with a hyper-extended thumb due to me trying to exert my top pressure on a 260lb brown belt (I'm 160lbs ). He bench pressed and swept me and I was silly to think I could avoid it by posting my arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

BJJ Scout and Ben Askren talking about Maia's wrestling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJp_WA6CXY

«296 »