Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«452 »
Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Worst decision I ever made.

spb posted:

What's your favorite submission?

a tie between the Fujiwara Armbar and the Sakuraba Special, but 99% of my submissions are either toeholds or americanas so make of that what you will.

edit: My goal is to some how hit this in rolling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v3dovx1HEc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

Am I doing this right? I didn't do this last time around.

Congrats. Purple is a pretty serious accomplishment

spb posted:

What's your favorite submission?

Lately its been triangles. Since I learned the proper way to do a triangle and the setup for it from my buddy out in Vegas, I learned you dont even have to lock it up to get a submission if you do these things:

1. Control the gently caress out of the persons head.
2. Cut the chocking leg deep into the neck from the getgo. That tendon thats on the inside at the bottom of your leg, that should literally be on their neck.
3. Use the outside leg to push the trapped arm in. (optional lock up from here)
4. Twist your body and underhook a leg and look into their ear. Itll tighten it up even more.

I can finish without locking it up on a few people. I Lock it up if they start to stack (white belts) and sweep and finish on top.

Tacos Al Pastor fucked around with this message at Dec 11, 2018 around 17:40

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This is cyber bulling and I will not stand for it.

I discovered while doing BJJ I think I have a weird color-blindness between blue and purple, especially if the belts are worn or faded

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Arm triangle best triangle and best sub all in one.

The kimura is pretty great because you have the added benefit of control and ability to transition to another position or sub attempt.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

I like heel hooks, front chokes, arm triangles, and RNCs. I don't know what out of those is my favourite. Probably the RNC.

spb
Nov 11, 2013

Is the Sakuraba Special when you jump on someone?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am personally fond of The Ezekiel

I had a pretty fun thing where I used the Americana and the Ezekiel to work towards each other. The guy was blocking the Ezekiel by gripping in a way that left his arm exposed so I would put it in an Americana and when he used his other arm to fight the Americana I would slide back into the Ezekiel

too bad time ran out

spb
Nov 11, 2013

My favorite is side control kimura. Arm triangle is what I hit when I'm in mount. I've never gotten a leg submission and have gotten close to giving a RNC but I need to get to the back more to practice it.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Ol' reliable sliding lapel choke. It and its many variants never let me down.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Worst decision I ever made.

spb posted:

Is the Sakuraba Special when you jump on someone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nltcFB4kI

Close.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What does traditional jiu jitsu even look like?

Like, the only non Brazilian variety I have seen is small circle which is it's own thing.

It occurs to.me I have never seen a traditional jiu jitsu practitioner or what it even looks like

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, the only non Brazilian variety I have seen is small circle which is it's own thing.

It occurs to.me I have never seen a traditional jiu jitsu practitioner or what it even looks like

Think judo with more ball grabbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Youtube "gracie challenge".

«452 »