Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«480 »
Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Worst decision I ever made.

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

What are your guys's favorite Judo setups? I would love to hear some osoto gari and harai goshi setups as those are the two I am working on the most

I think the double sleeve osoto looks real slick, but I've never been able to accomplish it on anyone who knows any sort of standup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr5EcG-blY0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Anything that allows me to get to a single leg.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Defenestrategy posted:

I think the double sleeve osoto looks real slick, but I've never been able to accomplish it on anyone who knows any sort of standup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr5EcG-blY0

That is slick. He pulls that left arm while pulling the right arm down. Nice setup. Keeping this one in mind to try.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

What are your guys's favorite Judo setups? I would love to hear some osoto gari and harai goshi setups as those are the two I am working on the most

I've been making good use lately of the Jimmy Pedro osoto opening setup. Get a tight cuff grip, drive your opponent's wrist to their own hip as you get the lapel. If they push back with that hip and fight your grip, drive for osoto. If the osoto sticks, point your toe down, pivot on your posting leg, and go for harai. If the osoto misses (due to the opponent moving their leg out of the way), hit an o uchi and then follow through on the ko uchi/turning throws sequence as you prefer. If the opponent reacts to the wrist pin to the hip by giving way, sweep the other leg with a murderous o uchi and then follow through on that as above.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

That is slick. He pulls that left arm while pulling the right arm down. Nice setup. Keeping this one in mind to try.

I like doing a similar one off the grip. I like to grab my opponent's right sleeve near the elbow, shove it across their torso towards their left shoulder. Their own arm blocks their view of my left leg coming across for the osoto, and also causes them to cross up their hips and shoulders, making their balance very weak. Grab a handful of left lapel or shoulder with the right hand to secure their torso and reap with the osoto. If you shove the arm down and across it works well to set up a kouchi -> ankle pick.

I also like using ippon seoi to set up osoto. I always liked throwing ippon seoi, but if my opponent starts blocking it by hipping into me I come in for the ippon seoi grip, t-step and everything, then switch to an osoto reap and take them backwards, keeping the ippon seoi grip. The harder they're blocking the seoi the easier the osoto is.

«480 »