Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WODZrnjBP8g&playnext=1&list=PLCC0D7FBE4DB12B11

Here's a 5 part Brabo / Darce instructional video, I tried for a long time to get it right and watching this video with practice helped a lot. I love this choke, it's replaced the triangle as my go to move, also it's really good for discouraging people from grabbing a leg, it's also grabbable from half guard on top and works nicely to discourage a couple esacapes from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Yuns posted:

Well of course after posting that I can't remember the last time anyone got a brabo/d'arce on me, of course I get tapped by one this morning. Ooh that will teach me to post stuff like that.

Yeah, the universe has ways of teaching you a little humility. Like, I was feeling pretty good about the state of my overall fight game until a really nice one handed guy outboxed and out grappled me for 2 hours tonight. What the gently caress, world.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

westcoaster posted:

Should of clinched with him, over hooked his one arm and used your free arm to go to town.

One handed, not one armed. He had about 20 pounds and a few years of college wrestling experience I'd guess, I always get hosed up by wrestlers stronger than me, two hands or not. Super weird getting the bad arm shoved across your throat / chin - couldn't really hand fight my way out of it.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Gomi Pile posted:

do you reflexively cringe every time that thing came near your face

that's what she said

westcoaster posted:

Did he have a glove over his stump to box with?

yep he put a 5oz glove on it, and a 16ox boxing glove on the other.