Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
My first time to this thread, checking in from St Paul MN. Non-competitive blue belt BJJ no stripes (2yrs) with little to no athletic background previous... loving it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vashro
May 12, 2004

that ms paint is hilarious and that's the choke that taught me that if you let them get deep grips on you don't just pass through it's probably a trap

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Rolling while high is fine and good so long as you're cool with people out pacing you, and likely not performing to your maximum ability. I find I get less exhausted when I've smoked before class but that's probably just me exerting myself less.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

ryan hall has 3 dvd's sets on "triangles"
Arm Triangles, Master the Triangle, and Triangle (No Gi)
i've watched the first two they are all good!

Vashro
May 12, 2004

2+ years and 99% of the time I smoke before class. I might be better now if I didn't... but it's a good time

Vashro
May 12, 2004

any recommendations for a patchless style gi? Also, who on here had those funny patches one about reaping?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

got a hearty lol when Danaher accidentally says goosestep instead of gooseneck on the front headlock dvd

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Grats on the blue! On my way to see my first live jitsu competition now! I'm a low blue. Stitching my SAGK+RKFS patches tommorow . Knees on left knee or left shoulder?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Any other Minnesota in here?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Our weekly "competition" class has been focused working through the Danaher leg series lately. Positional starting rolls are common and occasionally we will do what I'll call position locked rolls where for example a sweep/submission is the bottom's goal and causes a reset and a pass "wins" for the top, so the same position gets forced to deal with. Typically the starting position will align with the weeks techniques so you get enough chances to try them out.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Still get regular compliments on my south American ground karate patch

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Just pull a Jacare and tuck that arm in

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I've tapped to the gut smother

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Maybe I missed something. Who is this Jizz-Fighter?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

If you're getting knee pressure on your toes hold that's fine but you're probably not holding the foot correctly ( up right behind the heel)

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Waroduce posted:

I'm still super anxious when I roll, but I want to smoke and roll eventually.

It's going to be super great or a horrible mistake

It's super great

Vashro
May 12, 2004

which match had the mandible strangle? we learned that last week, my coach wants to see

Vashro
May 12, 2004

nice yeah thats a good one

Vashro
May 12, 2004

That list makes me kinda glad I don't go hard, and all those infections... Super crowded gym? So many strangers coming through?
Few years in for me and just a frequent knocking on my knees, no pain associated, knee related injury in my future?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Like when I do a leg pummel warm up or sometimes while I'm on my knees it feels like a knuckle cracking but loud cause it's my knee

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I'm no PT but it seems like you should stretch whenever you have the chance

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Never seen anyone stretch after a class. Getting out the stiffness and range of motion before has always helped me :shrug:

Edit: maybe what I am calling stretching is more of a warm up. I just would rather do some inversions and open my hips before I roll than have someone open them up for me or stack me raw

Vashro fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 26, 2019

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Thanks Yuns ill bring that up with my coach! I am in a position to start such a thing.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

do y'all bump into each other constantly while rolling or what? NYC can't be big square feet?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Cringed at the casual dad fighters getting rag dolled by the juice man

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I also get the sisu. Hot pink is discounted on Amazon also

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I've seen edgy bravo wear gi pants in nogi

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Shocked that Mr Bravo would have some inconsistency in his ideas

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Sisu is good. Pink is cheaper than the other colors

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I have a headgear that I wore when some ear swelling started, haven't worn it since my ear healed. It was uncomfortable and made me too hot

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Grats! Thoughts on steroids use? I haven't seen it, but I don't follow the scene

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Anyone else get painless knee popping? This happens to me a worrying amount. Never hurts, feels like a knuckle crack, but it's so loud. Scares my partners who don't know it happens yet. Doing some pummels and trying to force some out while warming up can help but it doesn't go away. Figure one day they will just quit on me ? ( I'm 32m)

Vashro
May 12, 2004

No I haven't seen a doctor about it and yes that is because I am American

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Shin lock as in calf slicer?

Vashro
May 12, 2004

I looked up shin lock and oof

Vashro
May 12, 2004

didn't think I'd learn gun slang today from the grappling thread of all places, ya'll call them matches and buy special ammo!

Vashro
May 12, 2004

my bjj coach is slowly going mad in quarantine he is now videotaping himself shadow grappling

Vashro
May 12, 2004

bjj has introduced me to some of the weirdest extreme conservatives but mostly just joe rogan fan types. Not surprising that we spend our free time training for a fight that will for most of us never happen

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Same as me and the most of us who aren't competing, it's more just a few specific crazies i'm sure most of us have met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vashro
May 12, 2004

wait so does this mean you have time to make us Reap Knees For Satan rash guards?