Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
Another solid post, thanks!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
i barely post, but 6 years in and i received my purple belt on Friday

it feels like i just got a bigger bulls eye on my back and a poo poo load more pressure to train harder and become a good purple belt. guess i'll just train more and get better, thats my story.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
Thanks for the congrats everyone, much appreciated! I've had a bit of time to think about it over the weekend and a bit of the imposter syndrome has faded which for me has always been a bit of a sticking point. I'm just excited to use this as an opportunity to get even better at BJJ and compete in some crazier (albeit smaller?) divisions!

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy
End of the year seems to be a big time of the year for promotions, yeah.

First night on the mats tonight as a purple belt! My sister who's been training with me just got her blue belt the same night. She's taking off to Hawaii for the sweaty betties camp with Leticia Ribeiro, Penny Thomas, Mackenzie Dern, etc., tomorrow. I'm heading off to Maui as well, but it's a ladies only camp.

gonna be honest, I'm feeling salty about my male privilege here.

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy

Xguard86 posted:

If only we'd had the Brazilian speedos and waxed chests. Sigh

it's not too late. meet me down at the beach.

i mean, just to train you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E3 Keynote
Jul 22, 2004

eyyyyyyyyyy

Decades posted:

Caught EBI 5. I'm just gonna come right out and say it. I don't care what anyone else thinks. Garry Tonan is good at jiu jitsu.

bold....