Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
man i was watching youtube stuff and i saw this thing and the first leglock is pretty much the figure four leglock from prowrestling, exept it is actually a real thing. like the setup is completely different put they end up being almost the same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc0z-rCZP5g

pro wres version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKrNGKO47ss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
like its a really old move in pro wrestling so it probably has catch roots. destroyer used that as his finishing move in the 60's If they did something that far back it usually had legit roots.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
it doesnt do that much.

if you see old destroyer matches his opponent rolls but the pressure is still there. its only a fairly recent thing in pro wrestling to have the roll be a straight counter to the figure four leglock

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
thank god for gravity. i mean gi tournies would be some kind of abomination

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i love double guard pulls into heel hooks. i want to see a double guard pull in the ufc

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
barnett needs to watch out, sonnen could cut a mean promo on him

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
spinning toe hold or fujiwara armbar

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
he already beat dean lister with the most pro wrestling move in the book so i dont know what he could do?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Kekekela posted:

So the ref was a little slow in my glorious victory today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rbo5yxRqw0

nice angle on the ref lol

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i think doing jits can do a lot to develop mental tools that are very helpful in "real life"

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

ICHIBAHN posted:

so, balance tips / techniques?

do yoga

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Do you guys train with any terrifying mutant freaks? I have this small skinny guy in my gym who can rotate his shoulders, ankles and wrists out of any submission that isn't completely perfect. They just rotate way too far. The arteries in his neck seem to be buried deeper than the norm: when he isn't resisting, you can apply an absurd amount of force to a choke before it starts to take effect. On top of this, he's got really skinny limbs so he can slide out of stuff. Recently, he's started to develop that kind of Marcelo Garcia style bullshit-skinny-guy strength. I can't decide if he's a useful training partner or not, he's an absurd statistical outlier, a blight on the human race sent by the devil to test me.

Also, I found this place through tumblr. They sell the worst rashguard in the world, and some of the stupidest gi patches ever made. I'm definitely ordering a couple.
http://pricetapes.storenvy.com/

i want that cheesy rashguard.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
does any good co sell pink gis in A3L??

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i figured out watching high level bjj matches on youtube is actually kind fun if you mute the sound and put some random podcast on at the same time.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
only younger women and older guys? no young dudes or meatheads? you want out of shape guys and women in a good gym but you also need to have some fit younger dudes in there or it kinda says something bad about the gym.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

MalleusDei posted:

Hey guys, I've got a pair of XL Jessica spats and a 2XL Jessica rash guard that don't fit. I've worn them a few times, but they've been laundered well. For reference, I'm 6'4", carrying some extra weight in my torso. The rash guard is OK, maybe a bit loose, but the spats don't stay on my hips, which isn't a great feeling during a roll.

I'll ship them, first come, first serve.

Edit: on my phone, can't get timg to work.
Edit x 2: fixed images.

i would get them if i was a absurd giant, i mean im about 2 meters tall but im kinda skinny

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
watching grappling and visualizing yourself doing the details has helped a lot with getting better at little things when i couldnt train for 2 weeks just now.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that reminds me of the time i hurt my elbow getting full extension armbarred by some spaz

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ryan hall is a great teacher

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
high level judo is pretty fun to watch. I didnt expect to see so many subs

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
anyone have a link to the video of the fake black belts rolling?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
no they all used to do bjj/mma stuff and they would host events where they would train and spar with all kinds of rules while trying to get people from trad arts to come show up and spar them..

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its gay wrestling

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
getting beat in a tourney gave me huge motivation to train the first time i competed in one

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
nice

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
be more straight with your people in the gym when you talk to them. being more open about what you think and feel can clear up any misunderstandings. If they dont want to be honest with you or they refuse to answer your questions then the healthy thing to do is to leave.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
dlr and x guards kill your knees much more than any reaping 10 years ago ever did. I hate that we focus so much on those open guards where you risk hurting your knees

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you didnt wash them right?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
stockton is everywhere now

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i havent trained bjj in years and i ended up going to a practice focused on spider guard. the skin on my fingers is torn up. anything i can do to make it better? any advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ive gotten sore on top of my toes when they have gotten dragged on the mat really badly. i think it happened on some kind of throw