Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone tried using the Oculus Rift for FPV goggles? I just got a small helicopter as a present and although I'm probably not going to be strapping any cameras to it, I think I'll soon come to a point where I'd want to do that and will also hopefully have the Rift at that point as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I was looking to get into fixed-wing flying with an EasyStar or something like that but instead got a DJI F450 kit from my cousin, who just moved on to a bigger drone. I've flown a basic kit helicopter so I have a little of experience, but since it came RTF, I'm not fully familiar with all the possible parts and components.

I hoped to get a Taranis but it's not available at HK EU warehouse and getting it from the HK warehouse (or elsewhere) would gently caress me over three times on shipping, VAT and duty. It seems that a Mode 2 transmitter is generally suggested, but it's also out of stock - would Mode 1 be a big deal?

I'm also getting two batteries to try a lighter battery, get some more total fly time, and share the smaller battery with a plane (like http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__30447__Floater_Jet_EPO_with_Motor_ARF_EU_Warehouse_.html) I'll get later. Does all of this make sense and will work with the F450 + eventually FPV?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Mode 1 moves the throttle to the right hand gimbal, so if you are used to flying with the throttle on the left side, yeah, it's a big deal.
Since there's no centering spring on the throttle, you can't just swap the channel assignments. It's possible to swap the gimbals around (There's youtubes of it somewhere), if you are comfortable doing that sort of thing.

Ahh yeah, I am somewhat used to the the throttle on the left from flying the helicopter. Still, I'm probably going to order that one and swap it myself later, as those youtube instructions seem reasonably straightforward.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, poo poo, that receiver won't actually work with the transmitter module, would it? The descriptions for these things really suck, it's all "you can program it for any protocol" but it's an entirely different frequency. And of course HK doesn't have any 433 receivers. Or 2.4 transmitter modules. What the gently caress.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any Euro goons in here? I ordered a bunch of stuff from HK but a some of it was on backorder and it's starting to look that I won't get poo poo until next year at this rate. Are there any other EU stores with comparable prices?

I don't want to order from HK... HK warehouse as it'll take forever and I'll get raped on shipping, VAT and duty. As mentioned their local warehouses are out of stock on a lot of the items or outright don't carry certain things... like the Taranis or a receiver to a transmitter that they do have.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I wanted to get a fixed-wing trainer as I'm ordering all the expensive poo poo for my quad already. I'm looking at EasyStar knockoffs on HK, is there any reason to pick the FloaterJet/Firstar/Bix3 over whatever's the cheapest of them?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone a decent store that ships from EU and has reasonable prices? Some stuff (mainly the transmitter :argh:) has been on backorder with HK for months and at this rate will not show up until drones are outlawed completely. The local prices on this stuff are pretty silly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok so what do you guys think about the TGY-i10 for quad and fixed-wing flying? Not that I have to have the fancy touchscreen remote but it seems to be the only decent option for me that isn't very basic and limited or super expensive.

My options seem to be:
TGY-i10, ~$180
9XR Pro, $100 + battery + module + receiver
Taranis, $220 + shipping from china + (likely) ~$60 in taxes and duty

This is mostly because HK are retards and don't stock a lot of TX stuff in the EU and the other options are either local stores ($$$) or ordering from china, ($$).

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's a good question - I thought yes, because why the hell not, but looks like the only way to get another module is to solder it in. Here's the manual for the Flysky i10, which is apparently the same thing: http://rc.305.cz/storage/Flysky_FS-i10_manual.pdf

How limiting would this built-in module be? Obviously I'd prefer having the flexibility but if the standard one is decent enough I could probably deal with it and mod it eventually if really necessary. Still this does suck.

Nobody seems to mention battery life. I can imagine it's worse than it would be without the screen but as long as it lasts more than the batteries in the aircraft that could be ok.

Edit: Actually, where can one get the Taranis for cheap in the US? I might have someone coming over in the next few weeks who could smuggle it in for me.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 31, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in EU. I have some relatives coming over from the US in September, so I could ask them to bring something for me, thus having a wider choice and no shipping or VAT/duty costs.

The Taranis is highly recommended everywhere. But as you say, nobody here has the Taranis in stock at reasonable prices. 273€ plus possible duty and tax (if it's from China) is quite a bit more than I'd like to spend, hence why I'm looking at the i10 whose main downside seems to be not having a module slot.

So the two options I'm considering now is just buying the i10 from HK EU, or having a Taranis delivered to my relatives in the US who'll bring it over to me.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I really wanted to get the Taranis but until it just wasn't feasible to get it locally or from China for reasonable money. I'll try this first, if it doesn't work out for some reason, I'll go with the i10 from HK.

It will work work with the OrangeRX R615X DSM2/DSMX receivers I already ordered, right?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Czech Republic, actually. But whoa that is a good deal, cheaper than in the US even. With shipping it's still $80 less than locally and no VAT/duty bullshit :woop:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Wojcigitty posted:

Finally got my Extreme Flight 83" MXS in the air.

Running 12S 5000 in this one, it's pulling about 5000 watts peak and the power is just insane. I'm still working on making the wiring neat and some ESC cooling and settings as it got up to 186F on a gentle flight.

But even with the very small amount of time I have on it, this has to be one of the best flying airplanes I've ever flown!

That's nuts! In a good way of course.

Thanks everyone, I ordered the Taranis from the UK shop and removed the backordered 9XR from the HK cart so it finally shipped after several months :) Now not to crash everything on the first flight once it arrives.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Woo he HK order arrived within two days! Still waiting for the TX from the UK but this gives me some time to assemble what I have and agonize over all the batteries having different loving connectors.

Anyway, in addition to the missing drone parts, I also got the Floater Jet/EasyStar thingy. Apparently I'm supposed to glue the wings in place to the fuselage, which isn't great because I suspect the whole plane won't fit into my Miata. Are there any tricks possible to keep the wings removable, or is that just not possible while maintaining the necessary strength?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:woop: The Taranis is here (well, at the post office), of course it arrived while I went out to get lunch for half an hour.

CrazyLittle posted:

I think I have pictures of my floater jet in this thread. I use Velcro tabs to hold the wings in. Just glue the wing spar channels all the way across, and leave the spar itself floating free inside, then you can decide how you want to secure the wings to each other.

Thanks. I went through your posts and you do mention that, but no pics. I get the idea of course, but if you could post some photos this would be helpful to understand the actual implementation.

How do you guys deal with the different connectors on the batteries, planes, charges etc? Do you use adapters or resolder the connectors on batteries or the aircraft? Basically the situation I'm in is this:
  • 2200ma batteries: XT60
  • Floater Jet: XT60
  • 4000ma battery: XHT
  • F450: T-connector
  • Charger: T-connector
Anticipating (some of) this, I got a T->XHT adapter, so I can at least charge the big battery, but everything else is a mess - I can plug the small batteries into the plane but not charge them. Ideally everything would be on the same conncetor

PS. The imax B6 charger I got takes 11-18V. I have a shitload of Lenovo 20V laptop PSUs... will this blow up the charger? :v:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I don't think you want to charge with the big connector. I charge my batteries with the balance cable.

I've bought some 3 cell batteries that were JST and cut that off to put a Deans plug on. Just be careful to put some electrical tape/heat shrink over the battery leads after they're cut or you could make big sparks
Huh. The charger manual says to connect both the big as well as the balance connectors. What's the reason for only using the balance cable?

For now I got some connectors and cable from a local store so I could either change the connectors or make an adapter.

But, fuuuuck in my excitement I forgot to change the HK order and got two OrangeRX R615 that of course now won't work with the Taranis. Not that they had any other receivers in stock. BTW the Taranis seems to be crippled by some EU BS and only has the D16-eu tx mode.

Since I don't know anything about the FrSky receivers, which ones should I get? I have the previously mentioned basic FloaterJet as well as the DJI F450 with Naza-M. I think I just want telemetry I guess and other than that, cheaper is better.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks. I think I'll just make a XT60->Deans adapter for charging for now and then start replacing stuff once I'm settled on what I want to use.

This hobby is really great for :spergin: if you want to keep researching and never get off the drat ground. So I'd really appreciate some suggestions on the receivers for my shiny new Taranis.
  • X8R 8/16Ch
  • X6R 1/16Ch
  • X4RSB 3-16CH
  • X4R 4CH
  • V8FR-II HV 8CH
The price is within around 15% so I guess I should just get the X8R? I just want it to work, have telemetry and more than 4 channels so I can hoop up something in addition to the bare minimum of controls. I had no idea they'll be so much more expensive than the Orange stuff :cry:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All the X series that I posted should have telemetry, dunno if this is true of the series in general.

I only have one drone now but also one fixed-wing. The DJI drone has the Naza-M thingie that supports S-Bus for input. However the plane just has loose servo and SC connections so I'll need a 4-channel receiver there unfortunately. So the D4R should work with the plane, but it supports RSSI and CPPM while the Naza specs (http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m/spec) only mention S-bus, which as far as I can tell is a different thing.

So... I think I'll just get the X8R now and move it as necessary between the models.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah as I understand the props create a significant mess around them, but maybe he knows something I don't, which is actually pretty likely.

Looks like a cute bumblebee :3:

helno posted:

I would use the D4R for anything that can accept PPMSUM input like a flight controller for a multirotor.

Use the larger controllers for things that need individual servo outputs.

Yeah ok so that Naza-M spec page doesn't list PPM support, but the overview and PDF manual mention it as possible inputs. Great, right?

Except this receiver won't work with my new Taranis because the EU firmware doesn't support the D8 mode.
http://www.frsky-rc.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6986

So I'd need to reflash it with non-EU firmware, and then subsequently have to reflash all EU15 receivers or get hosed. What a mess. Anyway, it seems that none of the places that claim to have it actually have it in stock, so I'll get a singe X8R for now.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that thing completely 3D-printed? It looks pretty good for having been in a crash.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Sep 9, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Have you considered using q-tip props or ducting them? Seems like it could help with reducing the turbulence and increasing overall efficiency. Or maybe not, depending on all kinds of variables I'm not ever aware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cew5JF8q6eY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJEQ4xKFUi4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone using the Naza-M controller run into it not connecting to the PC? I installed the drivers successfully and the LED turns green/device shows up as USB COM port. But the actual assistant software doesn't see it so I can't do anything.

Could this be because the receiver isn't connected? It really should effect it but that's the only non-standard thing I have going. Otherwise I tried to connect on two different Win7 PCs.

As for why the receiver isn't connected, is the S-Bus cable the same one ones for regular receiver->controller? At this point I thought I have everything to get airborne, but nope I'm short on cables so I can't fly the drone.

Also my soldering iron isn't strong enough to solder the bigass wire to the connectors to make the adapter I needed to make. And I don't have anything that properly fits the servo pushrod lock, only a flathead screwdriver kinda works.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

thepaladin4488 posted:

Not sure about the 1st question sorry, but you are powering on the naza, then plugging it in via USB?

And yes, the S-Bus cable is just a regular 3 wire cable.
Yeah, I plug in the battery and wait until it boots up (it goes into the flashing red error mode, which is what I want to check). Then I plug in the USB cable and the LED goes green but nothing else happens.

Thanks. At least two shops nearby might have them so hopefully I'll be ready for the weekend.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So I had a lot of new experiences today!

Finished my Floater Jet and had my first flight. It flew beautifully almost by itself:

Had my first crash and subsequent trespass to retrieve the plane:

Still not sure what really went wrong, beside me loving up. I was doing takeoffs, some gentle turns and pattern flying and landing to practice all of this. The last takeoff was much more difficult than those before, I gave more throttle and it went up but wasn't really controllable. I should've let it fall there but instead I tried to make it work, lost orientation and it landed nose-first on a roof of an abandoned building. The radio was still communicating even after the "landing" so no idea what caused the issue.

Lost the prop and o-ring, front cover of the receiver and one aileron pushrod. One antenna is detached. There's a split in the nose and a crack in the fuselage/tail around where the motor is hanging. The nose is easily tapeable but I'm what's the best way to fix the tail? I have the original foam glue from the kit, hot glue gun and a lot of tape.

Some of the damage was probably cause by first trying to get it off the roof with my patented Emergency Plane Retrieval tool:

But considering how sketchy and OSHA-worthy was the climb with ladder that is too short and roof that is too lovely (also in the dark), that was probably the right sequence. It would've worked too but the tail got caught on a lovely nail or something.

So far everything looks fixable so tomorrow I might be flying again, but at this rate I'll need to order a truckload of props and other parts in advance.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 19, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Pay attention and be nice to your GPS equipment guys, the failsafe totally saved my rear end yesterday. I got the drone (F450 with Naza lite) up and on the second battery got a bit too far away from me to tell the orientation. I thought I put it into GPS hold mode but it kept drifting away faster than I could approach it. So I turned the TX off and it came back and landed like a meter away from where I launched it :v:

I suspect I might've used the wrong switch in the panic, I'll need to see if the Taranis can play a confirmation sound for each of the three modes. And I really need to get the telemetry running. I could've just landed it there in the tall grass and easily found it by its gps coords, or kept an eye on satellite lock and voltage. As it is, unless I can see the LED, there's no way to tell if it has the GPS lock when I put it into the hold position mode.

Golluk posted:

Hah. I've had the pleasure of 3 climbs up a rickety ladder, which was thankfully not too short, up a school roof to retrieve my planes.

Honestly I'd say throttling up and trying to get away from the ground was the right call. Unless a control surface was no longer attached to a servo, your better off to power it up into the air where you have more time to settle the plane out.

I've found Gorilla glue to work rather well for rebuilding those planes. I've done far worse to mine if you look in my previous posts.

You certainly weren't kidding! Though in this case the part that detached isn't really doing much structurally. The tail was about 2/3 detached but responded extremely well to the glue. You wouldn't even be able to tell it was broken there if I didn't patch it up with some tape on top.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
I'm sure all of this is doable, but is it certain that GPS isn't accurate enough? It won't be easier to implement from scratch, but there's a ton of ready solutions available.

Keeping track of orientation on a quad is such a pain in the rear end. Even with red/black legs, it's impossible to tell which way is which from even like 10 meters, especially if the sun isn't shining on it from directly behind you.

I'm sure sticking some LEDs would help, but I feel I need go FPV ASAP. Has anyone used a Mobious for this purpose? I heard it has some latency on the video out but if it's not too bad, it would be nice to only have one camera at least until I start racing or something.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 24, 2015

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Well I already tried strapping in my old phone (HTC Desire 8181, 130 grams) and its car holder to the front and it flew ok, there was a bit more oscillation I guess but nothing too bad. But the video was poo poo jello and unusable anyway :v:

I've seen CCD cameras being recommended for FPV, but yeah, I'd definitely like to record anyway for fun or profit, so might as well get a gopro/yi/mobius.

Golluk posted:

Finally uploaded the video of a night landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdO3QpTNNk4

That's very cool. Did you mainly use GPS for navigation, or were the street lights sufficient to tell your way around? Also, how did you get an hour of flight on that thing? I could probably stick my 4ah zippy compact in my AXN but I doubt even that would give me that much flight time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I discovered the same D16 crap when I was looking to buy the Taranis and receivers. You'll just need to flash either the tx or rx so they're both pre or post-2015 regulation. I suggest pre, as the Taranis with the latest EU firmware limits it to only D16 and no other options.

How's that soldering station? I need to buy something in addition to my weakling 25W iron that won't solder the fat wires to connectors and I was considering some that look just like that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Combat Pretzel posted:

Eh, I have an EU Taranis but with OpenTX, and a receiver shipped from Hobbyking's HK warehouse. I eventually managed to flash the RX with the EU firmware. However that required some gymnastics, since I don't have the FrSky USB thingy. Essentially you drop the firmware files onto the SD card of the Taranis, solder some adapter cable, then flash ErSky9x onto the Taranis, then attach your RX' smart port to the Taranis's JR pins and write the firmware. Then rollback the Taranis to OpenTX. For some reason the developers of OpenTX don't want to add that feature, despite working fine in ErSky9x.

As far as D16 only goes, what do you mean? I shouldn't be able to bind any D8 RX at all?`I have a V8R7-II on my 250, which is D8 and works.

That solder station is some cheap poo poo that's sold under a variety of labels on Amazon DE. It does apparently do 58W, tho. I kind of hate it. Not sure if it's the whole station or just the drat tip. Or the tin, which despite 2.5% flux doesn't really flow. I hate soldering. v:v:v

Wow, I had no idea that was such a pain in the rear end.

Maybe D16 is backward compatible? I have no idea, however, my Taranis with 2015 firmware only has the D16eu mode in the Internal RF settings as opposed to D8 and LR12 or whatever that I see most other units support.

Might be just the tip, supposedly that makes a big difference but what do I know, I use an ancient Ukrainian iron with a tip so oxidized and corroded it only tins at a couple of spots.

Fatal posted:

For soldering stations it's really worth it to get something like a Hakko FX-888d or 951. Its a tool that should last forever. Be really weary of knockoffs though, if it's cheap it's a knockoff, buy from authorized retailers only! Good soldering irons heat up fast, hold their heat for a long time and have tips that don't corrode instantly (a typical reason why people hate soldering, the tips corrode and don't transmit heat well). Basically, you get what you pay for with soldering irons, I cheaped out and bought a knockoff station and have since purchased a 951 (through tequipment with coupon code at the eevblog forums), this thing is just amazing and well worth the cost.

A Hakko FX-888d or similar is at least $200 here so yeah, as much as I'd love to, that's not gonna happen. I think I'll pop into the electronics thread for some opinions on cheap junk stations :)

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
Congrats on finding your model! Flying in the evening is the only chance I have now and there's like half an hour before it goes dark and I can't tell which way is which any more and it sucks. If you have telemetry you could also use RSSI to help locate it.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, well, it's infinitely easier if you have the FrSky USB dongle thingy. I didn't want to buy and wait for that one, too.

Do you still have the original FrSky firmware on the Taranis? Because I flashed OpenTX to it. Given that I had to flash the EU firmware to the X8R, the internal XJT is obviously also EU, but OpenTX seems to unlock D8 and LR12 just fine.

Haven't touched the firmware on it but it does say OpenTX in it, specifically opentx-x9dp-v2.0.9.2-eu from February 27th. So might be a good idea to flash 2.1 on it anyway.

Does everyone fly their quads in manual mode? I just can't get into it after trying the Naza's attitude mode, it's just so pleasantly foolproof. I'm afraid I'll now need to build a smaller, cheaper and less likely to break quad to train fully manual flying :(

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw this one on Flite Test, although it's their product, it does look pretty neat. You can get the whole kit or just a frame, in which case the shipping won't be too bad probably.

http://store.flitetest.com/versacopter-280-quad-frame-kit/

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think I configured my X8R just by pushing the button on the receiver after setting the desired values on my Taranis, though other ways might be possible as well.

I set mine to return to base and it saved my rear end already.

the nicker posted:

God drat, and I thought mine took a while.

That reminds me I've got some Headplays for sale if anyone is interested. SA mart thread coming up later today.

How are these better than the cheap-rear end foam goggles from HK? I see the resolution is higher, but that's not a big deal with the limited analog input anyway.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

socialsecurity posted:

So we've been cabling inside a building with 50 foot ceilings. We've been using lifts to go up and zip tie stuff up there but I've been toying with the idea of using a mechanical arm on a drone to attach the zip ties. Anyone have any experience with actuated arms on a drone I've been trying to google and not getting anything solid so far.

Definitely not impossible but might be quite tricky depending on what exactly you need to do there... attaching something with zip ties sounds like it might be quite difficult to pull off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fe9IDx3vCs

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX20-Opensource-Version-AutoPathfinder-Quadcopter-RTF-p-932145.html?utmid=87

It's a DJI Phantom clone for $250. Not that I suggest everyone buys it, but it's pretty amazing how cheap this stuff can get, considering I just paid more than that just for the TX/RX.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL0iC0HPbhg

DJI's first combat loss? :v:

I also almost had one of my own, during more... vigorous banking, the balancing cable slipped out from wherever I tucked it in, and got hit by a prop, cutting one wire clean off and loving up the connector. Thankfully it didn't short out while in the air so hopefully cannibalizing a connector off a different battery would be enough to get up in the air again.

I cut the yellow one myself before finding the cork in my glovebox, thankfully I keep all sort of junk in the car.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For a moment there I was worried it's going to be one of those Guatemal-style giant sinkholes, in which case you'd probably never see your Phantom again :)

I strapped my Yi to the done a couple of times already but the footage looks like rear end, relatively speaking. It's not the image quality really, I guess the stabilized gimbal is what makes it so nice and cinematic... Would a 2-axis one do the job? They're getting pretty affordable and I'm thinking it should be sufficient since there isn't that much yaw jerkiness going on, as far as I can tell.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You're famous now!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34763157

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, almost crashed my drone into a tree yesterday when I decided to connect to the onboard Yi camera with WiFi while it was airborne :v:

I shouldn't be surprised given the shared frequencies of course, but I really didn't expect to completely mess up the signal when it was so close, and also for it to actually cause weird movements instead of triggering the failsafe.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How sketchy would these props be for my F450?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-Carbon-Fiber-9-9443-Propeller-Prop-CW-CCW-DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-RC-Quadcopter-/131458629212?hash=item1e9b8b7e5c

I'm buying some other stuff from the seller anyway so might as well get an extra set, though I've never had CF props before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
"You have to register" sounds like a rule to me :shrug:

My Taranis has been great overall, however the right slider doesn't have a stop at 100% and just continues to slide until like 500% and one of the switches sometimes doesn't register the change. This kind of sucks but not a huge deal considering the number of switches and sliders. Also would be easier to fix myself than sending it back to the UK.