Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
For boat landings I always do a hand catch. Otherwise as the boat is moving and the drone is hovering still because of GPS, it will slam into whatever part of the boat hits it first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah it's definitely more annoying than useful. I mean chances are I'm going to upgrade my drone every 2-3 years anyway. There's no way that there would be a meaningful decrease in battery capacity from storing them charged, unless you literally only fly your drone 3-4x per year. But there's a very meaningful increase in my forgetting to charge that poo poo and then having no battery when I grab the drone to go somewhere.

Uncle Ivan
Aug 31, 2001
Problem is it doesn't cover loss, which is most likely what's going to happen in risky situations. Although I did get my money's worth out of the coverage accidentally slamming my first OG Mavic into a bell tower while filming an orbiting shot. This is for the DJI insurance, I actually have my drone insured through my renter's insurance as well, which SHOULD cover loss -- haven't had to use it yet though.