Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Ragequit posted:

I just have to say it's been a pleasure making history in this thread with you guys. I have a busy week ahead of me, so this will probably be my last creation. Enjoy!

Holy loving poo poo this is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Pope
Jul 17, 2004

I AM THE POPE, DO AS I SAY.

Ragequit posted:

I just have to say it's been a pleasure making history in this thread with you guys. I have a busy week ahead of me, so this will probably be my last creation. Enjoy!

I love that that gif uses Suplex, one of my favorite memories of FFVI was finding out that that move worked on the Phantom Train.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'm amazed at how many one-upmanship is going on in this thread. Its just...never ending.

I wish I had the ability to do a contribution, but I can never do it right. My idea was to integrate Diouf in the opening to Lord of War, as a bullet. I can't even begin to comprehend how to do it and I'm sure by the time I did it, this thread would be long gone :(

Foxy Altar Boy
Feb 18, 2011

The man in this picture supports Barack Obama. Won't you join him?
:obama:
Just noticed I uploaded a work in progress version earlier and I inadvertently deleted all my temporary files, so consider this a director's cut. Thanks to a black president for suggesting the lifebar emptying.

Click for bigger

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Foxy Altar Boy posted:

Just noticed I uploaded a work in progress version earlier and I inadvertently deleted all my temporary files, so consider this a director's cut. Thanks to a black president for suggesting the lifebar emptying.

Click for bigger

He needs to be kicking a soccer ball away from the throne after saying "What is a man?" This is a serious omission.

Otherwise this is great.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

George posted:

He needs to be kicking a soccer ball away from the throne after saying "What is a man?" This is a serious omission.

Otherwise this is great.
What is a man, but a child to spit upon? But enough talk, more gifs ple-...

but seriously, don't you dare close this thread; I got poo poo brewing

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

That's terrible news (the you not making any more news), this is an absolutely genius interpretation. You even captured the red-toned interlace disappearing perfectly too. The only thing it's missing is the celebration dance afterwards.

Funny you should mention that -- the original one I made before looping it included the dance, but was fairly long, and I had to save it at 50% of its size to squeeze the gif under 2 MB. I was able to trim it down quite a bit, so here you are!

Foxy Altar Boy
Feb 18, 2011

George posted:

Serious omissions call for serious measures.

Click for big

edit:added link for bigger version

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Foxy Altar Boy posted:

Serious omissions call for serious measures.

:allears: I think I love you.

But seriously, THIS loving THREAD. I hope it never closes.

Mad Moxxi
Apr 29, 2010

It's tough being cute.

Ragequit posted:

Funny you should mention that -- the original one I made before looping it included the dance, but was fairly long, and I had to save it at 50% of its size to squeeze the gif under 2 MB. I was able to trim it down quite a bit, so here you are!

I like this one more than the other one.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mad Moxxi posted:

I like this one more than the other one.

Thanks - I had never made a gif that loops before, which is why I worked toward that one first.

I've learned a lot by doing all of these, and I cannot wait to jump on the next thread like this as soon as it opens. This has seriously been the best thread on SA in years (maybe ever?). Every single person who submitted something should be drat proud of themselves. I can't think of a single bad gif submitted. It's all gold. You're all gold.

toby
Dec 4, 2002

Hahah "Got Spit x1"

There have been some really amazing gif threads in the past, but they don't happen often. This is one of those rare gems, and it's nice to see some new dudes making quality funny-things.

M for Mushroom
Jan 1, 2006

new york london paris munich

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

M for Mushroom posted:

"Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this!"

Favorite movie ever.

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Lareous posted:

"Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this!"

Favorite movie ever.

It's really rather good!

M for Mushroom
Jan 1, 2006

new york london paris munich

Biggus Dickus posted:

It's really rather good!
Haha, glad to have your seal of approval :v:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

George Michael can be a real dick.

Even after Diouf was nice to him!

EDIT: Thanks for the tip Pander, replaced the warp version with a better one.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

spidoman posted:

George Michael can be a real dick.

Even after Diouf was nice to him!

The first one would benefit hugely from Diouf running into the frame rather than warping, because George Michael is already almost perfectly looping.

The second cannot be improved. Awesome. Inspired choice with AD. Now all you need is a Diouf Featherbottom doing the Mary Poppins jump from the 2nd floor!

Rather_Dashing
Feb 16, 2011
They call him Maddog McDiouf

Also, I made the recommended changes to this one:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Rather_Dashing posted:

They call him Maddog McDiouf

Wow, I didn't know anybody else played that game. I was little and sucked and could never beat it, though.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Zenzirouj posted:

Wow, I didn't know anybody else played that game. I was little and sucked and could never beat it, though.

I felt the same way, but apparently it's a classic.

Also, with a slight tweak, that's a nice infinite loop gif...

Shapiro
Jun 27, 2005

a jealous female can be tricked into anything
I hope this hasn't been done...

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

Shapiro posted:

I was hoping someone would do Castro falling but this is better.

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I hate gays almost as much as I hate good posting. Also, God is good. Amen

Rather_Dashing posted:

This made me smile. I knew Diouf was coming, but it was still funny anyway to see him fall down. Long story short, excellent job on this one.

I can't think of a creative way to tie in the Indiana Jones rolling ball and Diouf or else I'd recommend it.

It is probably too obscure to try to shoehorn Taloon from Dragon Quest 4 into this, he did "trip" people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So I've been working on one (my first!) for eternity, but when I cross over from paint.net to gimp (I realize that unfreeze would also work, but I didn't download it until I stacked up 100+ frames on gimp, and the thought of reorganizing it on unfreeze unmans me), I get a funky, technocolor color. It's perfect except for that weird color. Any help? I'm tempted to just post, but I don't want to give a bad submission.

THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008

Rather_Dashing posted:

Also, I made the recommended changes to this one:

This is brilliant, having the cursor say "Diouf" is just perfect.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Shageletic posted:

So I've been working on one (my first!) for eternity, but when I cross over from paint.net to gimp (I realize that unfreeze would also work, but I didn't download it until I stacked up 100+ frames on gimp, and the thought of reorganizing it on unfreeze unmans me), I get a funky, technocolor color. It's perfect except for that weird color. Any help? I'm tempted to just post, but I don't want to give a bad submission.
If you are importing layers/images into GIMP canvas, and it looks funky, it's probably because your image is in 'Indexed' mode. Change it to RGB before importing.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
My boss isn't coming in today, and I was doing my normal morning routine of checking emails and stuff and thought I would have a quick look in GBS.

An hour has passed thanks to this thread; im way behind, but hell, this was so worth it.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Shapiro posted:

What is the original for this?

Gashroom
Jul 13, 2005

Wingless posted:

What is the original for this?
Gerald Ford falls down stairs

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tearshed posted:

If you are importing layers/images into GIMP canvas, and it looks funky, it's probably because your image is in 'Indexed' mode. Change it to RGB before importing.

Thanks! While I spent way too much time on this, I have to say it's pretty cool knowing that I actually made a gif. All you need is the free time to make it, I guess.

Got another in mind in the same vein (kinda), but I might need a break after this one.

klem_johansen
Jul 11, 2002

[be my e-friend]

Shelf Adventure posted:

Source - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QE9zR5wUQ

Holy poo poo I am seeing this. It looks like the Spinal Tap of terrorism.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

klem_johansen posted:

I just saw it recently and the lead-up to that part makes that whole scene even funnier.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

My gif took a serious nosedive in quality when I uploaded it on photobucket (same thing when I tried it with imugr). How do I stop that from happening?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

klem_johansen posted:

Great, now I'm imagining a group of terrorists planning out an attack and then one of their girlfriends walks in and hands them all astrology charts and tells them they should postpone the attack because Venus is rising in Gemini.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Shageletic posted:

My gif took a serious nosedive in quality when I uploaded it on photobucket (same thing when I tried it with imugr). How do I stop that from happening?

Its possible you hit the size limit, since they will compress and degrade your gifs to the point of suck if you do.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS

Discount Viscount posted:

Since you mention it, and since I stumbled upon another couple of tools in an unrelated pursuit this afternoon, I'll link a bunch of freeware again!

YouTube Downloader- Grabs online video and can convert it to several formats.
Movie To Animated GIF- Take an AVI, MPEG, or WMV and select a beginning and endpoint, and it dumps an animated GIF. Simple, perhaps a bit too much so, but gets the job done and beats taking screenshots.
GIF Frame Extractor- Extracts individual frames from an animated GIF.
Paint.NET- Free image editor for the Microsoft .NET framework. Nowhere near as fancy as Photoshop but has a bunch of plugins available, and has layers and is simple to learn.
FastStone Photo Resizer- Incredibly useful batch image converter/renamer/resizer. VERY helpful for tweaking GIF frames.
UnFREEz- For assembling frames into the final animated GIF

A bit of a hodgepodge, but it's all free and the workflow is easy to understand.

I found this to be pretty informative for newbies so I'll quote it.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

quote:

Try http://www.anyimage.info, allows up to 5mb images.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What can I say? I'm a fan of Kubrick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxy Altar Boy
Feb 18, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned min.us. Allows images of up to 10 mb and has a nice drag-and-drop interface.