Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So I've been working on one (my first!) for eternity, but when I cross over from paint.net to gimp (I realize that unfreeze would also work, but I didn't download it until I stacked up 100+ frames on gimp, and the thought of reorganizing it on unfreeze unmans me), I get a funky, technocolor color. It's perfect except for that weird color. Any help? I'm tempted to just post, but I don't want to give a bad submission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tearshed posted:

If you are importing layers/images into GIMP canvas, and it looks funky, it's probably because your image is in 'Indexed' mode. Change it to RGB before importing.

Thanks! While I spent way too much time on this, I have to say it's pretty cool knowing that I actually made a gif. All you need is the free time to make it, I guess.

Got another in mind in the same vein (kinda), but I might need a break after this one.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

My gif took a serious nosedive in quality when I uploaded it on photobucket (same thing when I tried it with imugr). How do I stop that from happening?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What can I say? I'm a fan of Kubrick.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thanks dudes. I'm not exactly happy with either of my gifs, but its been a helluva learning experience. Gonna fix the shining one I think, huge honkin artifact is bothering the hell out of me. If people feel like taking a whirl at my stuff, go right ahead.

EDIT: forgot a word.