Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Foxy Altar Boy posted:

This thread must never die - it is an inspiration that touches the Diouf in all of us.

What are people using to get game footage? Do you run an emulator and record video from it, or is there a better/cleaner way? I want to try making one soon, but I only have a YouTube clip to pull frames from or maybe convert.
(I am new at the gif thing, and I'm inspired by Ragequit's insanity and the helpful tools post somewhere in this thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

spacejew posted:

So I have been following the thread, and it's pretty much all gold, However I came across this. No credit anywhere on the page to the guys who did all the work, and at the top it just says Aurthur: Bob.
Well, you could use steganography to add a "stolen from SA" piece of text data to the file if you really wanted, but this poo poo's going to happen anyway. The time to get pissed is if sites start watermarking them as their own.

An alternate suggestion would be to set up an archive site as dioufarted.com or something. I just like the name.

I'm currently at work on one(yes, I'm slow) please don't close the amazing thread. For everybody else, the tools linked somewhere in the thread are very helpful. Also, Ragequit is my hero and inspiration.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
muh first gif

Hurry Billy!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, I have a domain that is currently unused. https://www.salamilove.com . Would it be cool if i did a https://www.salamilove.com/diofwhatever to host all the gifs? Creator credit on each one with links back to the thread? I just think it'd be cool to have them all in one place, as well as insurance in case anything happened to that image hosting.
I would suggest dioufarted. Also, yes - this would be a wonderful idea.

Is there any easier way than to edit and export each frame(PShop) individually? I feel I may be missing an easier way to do things in the event of future Diouffery.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Discount Viscount posted:

Since you mention it, and since I stumbled upon another couple of tools in an unrelated pursuit this afternoon, I'll link a bunch of freeware again!

YouTube Downloader- Grabs online video and can convert it to several formats.
Movie To Animated GIF- Take an AVI, MPEG, or WMV and select a beginning and endpoint, and it dumps an animated GIF. Simple, perhaps a bit too much so, but gets the job done and beats taking screenshots.
GIF Frame Extractor- Extracts individual frames from an animated GIF.
Paint.NET- Free image editor for the Microsoft .NET framework. Nowhere near as fancy as Photoshop but has a bunch of plugins available, and has layers and is simple to learn.
FastStone Photo Resizer- Incredibly useful batch image converter/renamer/resizer. VERY helpful for tweaking GIF frames.
UnFREEz- For assembling frames into the final animated GIF

A bit of a hodgepodge, but it's all free and the workflow is easy to understand.
Popping in to add that the GIMP will let you load an animated gif, and all frames appear as separate layers, and I think you can save it back out as an animated gif again, which is much better than editing extracted frames individually, like I did before. (I am dumb)

Ninja edit: you can also set how long each frame/layer should appear for on a frame by frame basis.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

This thread must never die.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

George posted:

He needs to be kicking a soccer ball away from the throne after saying "What is a man?" This is a serious omission.

Otherwise this is great.
What is a man, but a child to spit upon? But enough talk, more gifs ple-...

but seriously, don't you dare close this thread; I got poo poo brewing

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ambrocious posted:

I hate to say it, but I think this thread may be ready to move to the goldmine.
Goddammit noooooo I still have 2 more ideas... Don't diouf this to me... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Liku posted:

Why the hell would you need to kick it after it got hit by the ball?
WWDD?

spit on the owl