Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Holy Calamity! posted:

If anyone could compose a simplistic how-to guide to editing animated .gifs I'd be greatly appreciative. It seems like animated-gif photoshops are way more common than they used to be, so I assume people have some pretty solid strategies but googling for guides isn't yielding much. I'm always completely baffled as to how people do it when these threads pop up. Just the basics, what program to use, what tools to use to cut out certain bits, how to incorporate them into another gif without editing the thing frame-by-frame (or is that how people do it?) etc.
I'm afraid that's what you have to do. A general jist is that you make an image with a bunch of layers, which will act as a series of frames. As far as I know, there's no "easy" way to do it. I'm always amazed when people come up with stuff so quickly, it always takes me ages. :(

Some really great submissions so far though, Diouf is a terrible man who deserves to have Lucy pull the ball away from him before he kicks it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Lemon posted:

Oh God, I know there have been a lot of video game submissions, but this is probably the best one.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Wow I love the way they posted the gifs without linking the source. Pricks.