Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
My name is Tom, and I'm an addict. I keep buying games that I know I won't get around to playing. Or will I?

http://www.backloggery.com/Choxieota

I'm currently enjoying the campaign in Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Yep, I played the first game, I played Brood Wars, I remember the day SCII was announced, I pre-ordered the special edition, received it on day one, and am just now playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Woohoo! I just finished the Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty campaign. I'm gonna enjoy the skirmishes and multiplayer a bit before starting another new game, but it feels good to have finally completed the story.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
:( I just bought the Batman bundle on Steam. I've already played Arkham Asylum on 360, but have yet to try Arkham City. Still mostly playing Starcraft 2 and Eve though, so I'll just add Arkham City to the pile of shame. One of these days I'll get around to playing something other than Starcraft 2 and Eve. Sadly though when that happens I usually end up playing Sins of a Solar Empire, which now that I think of it is kinda of a cross between Starcraft and Eve. Hmmm...

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
sigh, Steam sales got me again. Batman: Arkham City, Company of Heroes complete pack, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Trine 1 and 2...

Since I finished Starcraft 2 I've played nothing but Eve, Starcraft 2 and a little Sins of a Solar Empire. Maybe I need to head to Backloggery and pop open a fortune cookie.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
I have 4 missions left in the Heart of the Swarm campaign. Hopefully I'll finish tonight or tomorrow night. Hopefully.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beat - Heart of the Swarm (Starcraft 2 expansion). I loved it! Now to get some sleep, then figure out what to play next.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
I've started The Cave, using the hillbilly, time traveler and scientist. It's pretty fun so far, and I love the presentation.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
I just beat Bioshock 2. Twas a good game.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
I started playing Antichamber today, and I'm loving it. Hopefully I'll have time to finish it tomorrow.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
I just beat Antichamber, and loved it. There are still a few puzzles to solve/exits to find, so I'll be going back in at some point. I'm also in the middle of Bioshock Infinite, which is great so far.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beat: Bioshock Infinite I expected a lot from this game and was not disappointed. In fact, it still managed to surprise me. I love how they used music to hint at/help tell the story. And that ending... wow.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beat: The Walking Dead drat that game was dark. I'll be getting the DLC, but after that... I'm not sure what to play next.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
I think I forgot to post, but I beat Batman Arkham City a month or two ago, and loved (almost) every minute of it. I've been playing nothing but Eve and SC2 since, with one game of Sins of a Solar Empire mixed in. Now to figure out what to play next. Tomb Raider? Skyrim? Episodes of Liberty City? Alan Wake? Saints Row 3? Half Life 2 Episode 1?

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beat: The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay

I've also been playing Kerbal Space Program quite a bit lately. I've landed and returned from the Mun and Minmus several times, and am now trying to figure out how to get to Eve.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
2014 Summer Sale damage so far:

Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons
Bulletstorm
The Cave
Far Cry 3 Deluxe
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Halo: Spartan Assault
Skydrift
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Witcher 2

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
More purchases today:

Surgeon Simulator
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Batman Arkham Origins
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Sparkle 2 Evo

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Alright, here's the final list of the damage done to me by the Steam 2014 Summer Sale:

Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Batman Arkham Origins
Beyond Good and Evil
Braid
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Bulletstorm
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Dark Souls
Dishonored
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Garry's Mod + Counter-Strike: Source
Goat Simulator
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hitman Absolution
L.A. Noire
Metro Last Light Complete
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Sam and Max Season One
Skydrift
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Sparkle 2 Evo
Surgeon Simulator
The Cave
The Walking Dead Season 2
The Witcher 2
Trials Fusion
Wolfenstein: The New Order

I've been playing through Wolfenstein, and am near the end of Chapter 11. This is a GREAT game so far.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beaten - Wolfenstein: The New Order (Fergus Timeline)

I'm gonna play Kerbal Space Program for a while, maybe some Eve Online and Starcraft 2 multiplayer before I start a new game.

Tsioc fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 7, 2014

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beaten - Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)

I went back to it for the first time in years to try and finish the game and found it to be easier than I remember. I'm gonna have to try and unlock the harder difficulties. Now... more Kerbal?

Tsioc fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 2, 2014

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beaten: Alice - Madness Returns This was more fun and platformy than I was expecting. Not a perfect game, but it kept me interested, and I enjoyed the artwork.

Beaten: Bulletstorm I had read that this was a big, dumb dude-bro game with dumb writing. Turns out it's actually a parody of those games. I loved the combat, and got several laughs out of the dialogue and in jokes aimed at gamers. I'll be playing through this one again.

I'm currently playing Saints Row The Third. Tis my first Saints Row game, and it's been cracking me up everytime I play it.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEAT: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I've never really played turn-based strategy before, but this game has made me a believer. Good poo poo!

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEAT: Overlord: Raising Hell

I had started this game on 360 when it was first released, but ended up getting sucked into other games and returning the rental. I bought it on Steam a few years ago but only recently decided to try it again. I love this type of humor, and sort rts-lite gameplay. Also, now that I'm more familiar with the Lord of the Rings, I get all the little references that went over my head the first time I tried it.

I'm now finishing up Saints Row The Third, but I'll definitely be playing Overlord 2 at some point.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEATEN: Saints Row The Third - This game cracked me up several times. All in all a fun open world game.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEATEN: Tomb Raider (2013)

I really enjoyed this one. I don't care for quicktime events, but they didn't detract too much from the experience. Combat, exploration, puzzles, a fun story... Good times! It was definitely better than those two movies.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEATEN: The Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena

I was in the mood for a fun sci-fi console style fps, so I decided to finally play Dark Athena. I wish there was more stealth in the game, but I still had fun playing through it.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beaten: Star Craft 2 Legacy of the Void

Beaten: Ghostbusters: The Video Game (2009)

LotV was cheesy, but I loved it. Ghostbusters was clunky and felt rushed, but as a fan I was hooked enough to finish it.

I'm probably going to play Hitman Absolution next.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
Beaten: Hitman Absolution

This was my first Hitman game. I had fun, but now I'm eager to move on to something else.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEATEN: Alan Wake

drat that was fun.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEATEN: Beyond Good & Evil HD

Finally. Does it count if I played it on Xbox One? I've also purchased it on Steam, but didn't play through it till now. The camera was annoying, but other than that I loved it.

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEATEN: Gears of War 4

Not perfect, but I had a lot of fun playing through the campaign, and am now enjoying the multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsioc
Sep 12, 2007
BEAT: Halo 5

As usual, I'm a sucker for sci-fi, and had a lot of fun playing though Halo 5. Played through on Heroic(hard), then almost immediately started a second playthrough on Legendary(very hard). That ended up feeling easier, probably because I was forced to play smarter and more carefully.