Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Just putting it here.

Going to actively start playing Mafia 2 and Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

World of Goo is great; I think the last chapter isn't all that but it's short so keep trucking!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mr Right posted:

Do you mean it's impossible or it'll just take so long?

I wouldn't class 100% on a sandbox game as completing it. Main story line and then the optionals until you feel burnt out on them is when it's completed since there aren't any worthwhile rewards for completing the game 100%.
You can't get 100% because a few items/objects don't register; You get stuck on something like 99.96% or so.

Also you can easily 100% sandbox games and still get rewards, it just depends on the system behind it. JC2 doesn't reward you any more but games like GTA:SA gave rewards for everything so you did it for more then numbers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mr Right posted:

Sorry, I know that most do give you rewards, but they end up worthless unless you fancy coming back to the save a few months later just to mess about. Getting 100% in a sandbox game is :effort: and eventually ends up sapping the fun away.
I must be different then you, I completed every main 3d GTA game 100% and generally did everything but packages a second time.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I beat Mafia 2, One down; tons to go.

I think I'm going to tackle a Tales of Money island episode next.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Evil Sagan posted:

The next one shall be... Mass Effect. Well, this one is gonna take a fair bit longer, but I guess that would have been true no matter which game I rolled up. Ah well! Forward, into space!

Tip: Soldier is fun in the second game but in the first the class really suffers from its uhm...RPG-statsbased gunplay so to speak.
Roll an Adapt, use at least one other biotic; alternatively roll vanguard and boost barrier+shotguns and walk up to dudes and kill them point black with explosive rounds.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rookersh posted:

But Light Armor looks so terrible :ohdear:
Who cares about how you look when you can lift 3 dudes into the air at the same time. :shepface:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'm about 25-30% into The Dragon Knight Saga now. (original campaign, expansion is not counted in) and its really picking up and utterly awesome.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I never had trouble with bugs in Civ4 in any way... odd.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Shovelmint posted:

Alyx doesn't follow you around the entirety of episode 2, and for that reason I enjoyed it even more. It's mostly just FPS fun in a bunch of great locales, and is, I think, the peak of the series.

They also tone down the hero worship to "normal" levels. (as far as you can tone down praising a man that more or less frees an entire city by itself).
Her dad also takes a jab at her worshiping you so much, In some way.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I switched to trying to get all Achievements on my steam Just Cause 2 including the one for 75%...63% and 58h in. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

If you already own AC1 (I assume you do, posting in here), go for it, just do as few side missions as possible and that'll keep the tedium from setting in. It's not TOO long if you do this and it has interesting parts, it's just one of those games you can't go back to once you play the sequels.

This, the world in AC1 is great, if you do the bare minimum so you don't get bored; also I prefer the atmosphere in your starting camp over anything in AC2 tbh.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Update:

Beat
Mafia 2
Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga (recommend!)
Saint's Row 2 in co-op

Now playing:
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2
Assassin's Creed

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I plowed through AC:B taking my time dicking around killing guards and getting in chases and everything in about 20h.
That was doing enough stuff to get 88.61% overall sync and I did everything except getting flags and 100% on all missions.

So I wouldn't say it is a massive game to beat the storyline off, I could have done that in 12h without rushing and enjoying it. I just like to pretend a 12h singleplayer isn't considered massive nowadays. :(

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Hemish posted:

I have a controller and I liked GTA, Just Cause 2 and other sandbox games. Bully is just loving annoying with the clock ticking so fast, more often than not I can't do a mission while skipping class and get back to get busted and time warp to the class.

I played for 6 hours and doing the main missions is way too annoying. I don't see a point of just exploring and do cool things in this game. At least it only cost 3$ or so back when I bought it.

I really hope you give the game another chance, I do not know how you manage to spend 6h in the chapters before the town opens; but as soon as you unlock the town you cant be brought into class outisde of school grounds and you have plenty of time to do other stuff.
Skipping class in general is easy though; but the minigames are somewhat fun and give good bonusses

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Well I might have sold my steam account so that solved a lot of backlog problems from my side. :3:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Hemish posted:

Are you hurting that much for money? My contract just finished and I'm looking for a new job (interview tomorrow as a matter of fact). I still couldn't sell my Steam account. I'm sure I'd regret it later.

I can't call it hurting for money; but I do not have an income at the moment (still a student though so school is covered by svings and parents for now)
I just had a lot of games I never ever wanted to play and i got a nice deal on it so that even if i eventually rebuy the stuff i wanted to keep on sale id still have a lot of it left.

Also I am some sort or moron or something but i didnt like staring at all those never-played games cluttering up my steam account. it's me I have ocd.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

- Favorites
- Now Playing
- To be Played
- Victory
- Wasteland

That what I use.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I want more people in my multitap that play pc games so im going to leave my backloggery link here:

http://backloggery.com/Zedd

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

It is indeed pretty slow now.
Also I liked their older style better; this one does have more functions though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

All the games I bought this gen I almost never get a C on.
I did 100% A lot of games back in the day though.
Games that are always the same (Like shooters, I am a PC gamers and achievements on steam don't phase me) I just C if I did the hardest mode or replayed it once.

KFCB posted:

What is the distinction for Beaten/Completed/Mastered?
It is subjective mostly but Beat is what it says, Completed it whenever you think you completed it. (100% things done, all achievements stuff like that) and mastered is for stuff like 10% run of Metroid Zero mission on hard, GTA:VC in one go without saving, playing mario64 with your feet etc.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 3, 2011

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Morter posted:

Wow, that's one pimp-rear end backloggery :whatup:

How do you do this?

Edit: If I ask anymore stupid questions, or it seems like I missed something otherwise obvious, it's because I'm adding my laundry list of games.

Bit of photoshopping to make the banner, then setting up the style buried in the options.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I made something to clarify where everything is, the old design was more user friendly then the current version:

My Design: as reference. (clicky)

Where to find poo poo:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I Take Completed as either all achievements, beaten on hard for straight up shooters, seeing all the endings stuff like that.
Mastered is for special things like a speedrun, low item run in metroid etc.

Also: The way I found to not get bored when adding all steam games is to just keep your steam games list open in a tab and just add 5-6 every day or time you get bored.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

americanzero4128 posted:

God DAMNIT. They couldn't have done this yesterday?

It's been there ever since the new layout and style.
Opening every game in a new tab and just quickly changing tabs and the dropdown makes it pretty fast to change.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zedd posted:

I made something to clarify where everything is, the old design was more user friendly then the current version:

My Design: as reference. (clicky)

Where to find poo poo:

Quoting this for a new page in case people missed it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

My computer is broken down for a couple of days.
Well time to connect the gamecube I guess :D

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I had a glass cannon Vanquisher in Torchlight that could twoshot everything with ricochet and explosive shot; the boss still took 20 solid minutes of just blasting into its face.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Completed it pretty subjective, I think that if you can say to yourself "I completed this game" just mark is as C.

I personally use these criteria for my C:
- If it is a straight up action game or FPS with no alternative endings or collectibles I want to beat it on either Hard mode or do another run using totally different weapons or stuff like that.
- If it is an RPG or stuff with multiple endings obviously do these.
- Games where you get ranked on missions or stuff and they unlock something do those to the highest rank. (Example: S rank Advance wars 2 Hard Campaign unlocks STURM and beat the War room on any level since that has no reward)
- Collect every collectible- that matters.

Some games with tedious bullshit like AC:B where I technically have to gather 80 more chests of money for 100% overall sync can go gently caress themselves though, I did every collectible you got rewarded for and 100% sync'd every mission so that is enough.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I started playing The Saboteur since I am a huge fan of open world games; and it is a very cheesy B-movie like game but also very fun and the visual style is great.
I'm actually surprised nobody ever mentions it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

I want to play it, but it won't work with my Ati card. In a couple months though...

Then there is Arkham Asylum with all those card specific extras. My card can do that, but frames drop to single digits.

Though the developer got folded there is a patch that makes ATI cards work; it never got out of beta but beta patch 1.03 makes the game run great on my system.
I do miss PhysX ever since I got my old broken videocard replaced...

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

I heard of that, but it won't work for everyone. I know my luck is bad enough and it keeps another game off Steam for a few more months.

You're in luck: It ain't on steam. :p
I got it for +-4.5pound shipped from Zavvi myself.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Damonic posted:

I absolutely love FO3/NV...but I can't get in to STALKER series. I think it's because of how weak you are when you start. I can't seem to hit poo poo and I'm dead in just a few hits. I get maybe an hour into it before I get mad and/or confused and quit.

FO3/NV are RPG's though; STALKER games have pretty drat realistic gameplay (if you don't count ARMA and stuff) with bullet dropoff and everything.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'd actually say to start with SoC (with stalker complete 2012 mod) because CoP is more polished (weaker story and somewhat weaker atmosphere though) and it might be hard going back to SoC for some people.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Replaying Mass Effect 2 twice now instead of working on the backlog.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lurchibles posted:

You'd be surprised, it just drags on and On and ON and feels like it never ends EVER! :bang:

If you think that's an overly long game, just wait for Brotherhood. It doesn't know when to call it a day...

Brotherhood's actual story is really short tbh; it's the sidestuff that takes ages.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

P.B. is a 7h or so game if you are bad at it like me, chapter 3 really didn't work for me puzzlewise but push through it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Got 1/3 of my must buys and 2 purchases total so far.
Im doing good.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Damage report:
BTTF:The Game
Civ5
Magicka (rebuy)
Plants vs Zombies (rebuy)

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

gently caress you Gaben.
FO:NV - Honest Hearts
FO:NV - Dead Money
Trine.