Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Luisfe posted:

Maybe I should try advancing in Portal more than the first 5 tests...

you really should. Such a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Time for me to get in on this support group.
I have a 730 some game list.
Ive beaten about 100 of them.
I've probably played to some degree half of them.

I have a bundle addiction.

Here are some of the games I have recently whittled out of my list:

-BEATEN-

Brothers-Tale of Two Sons - Holy crap this game is amazing. Short and sweet and good.

Shelter- Ehh. honestly wasn't all impressed and the short play time was more of a blessing than a curse.

The Walking Dead- man. Clem...

Bang Bang Racing- micro machine style isometric Racer. Higher quality than most of its brethren on Steam. worth a play through if you have a controller.

-NULLED-

Bridge Constructor- not really worth my time.

-CURRENTLY PLAYING-

Sonic Allstars-Racing Transformed- I recently got a controller for my PC so I've been playing a lot of controller ideal games. This is one of them. It is awesome.

Tomb Raider- This is the reboot. So far so good i guess.

One Finger Death Punch- I beat the first difficulty level, But I keep going back to it from time to time. I should probably put it in the completed section soon.

Dark Souls- Interesting game and of course balls hard. I kinda lost interest but I am not throwing in the towel yet.

Bioshock Infinite- I am close to the end on this but I kinda got fatigued. I need to get back into it since I understand the ending is supposed to be great. No spoilers please.

Typing of the Dead: Overkill- Man this game is awesome. And my typing skills suck so hey killing two birds with one stone here.

Goat Simulator- Dumb fun.

Marlo Briggs and the Mask of Death- So much fun, but I got distracted by Bioshock Infinite and haven't return to it.

Narco Terror- Janky as gently caress but I like these types of shooters. I think I am close to the end so I am just gonna push through when i find the time.

Torchlight II- I got about half way through and got bored. I haven't figured out if I will null it or keep going.

As you all can see I have trouble committing to just one game.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 7, 2014

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Jordan7hm posted:

Shufflepuck Cantina

I actually enjoy the arcade gameplay this is based off of, but holy poo poo this is the most egregious use of grinding to replace content I've ever seen. You have to buy every character's biographies in order to unlock get a spaceship part, and you need 12 or 13 parts. You do this by earning money playing games of shufflepuck (table hockey). You earn around 1-200gp per match on the first floor, a little bit more on the second. Unlocking new floors costs 3-5000gp. Every biography for the first character costs 8000gp. After about 3 hours of play I've unlocked a floor, but still don't have enough to get the first part. There are in-game achievements for doing things like scoring 2000 and 5000 points off of rebounds. I think I have like 200.

This is a game that should have had a tight little story and been over after 3 or 4 hours with some extended content and survival modes (which it does have). It would have been a solid, easily recommendable game. Instead, it would probably take longer to finish than most jrpgs. gently caress that. Nulled.

What a waste of a developer's time and resources.

You are playing it wrong. You use the stars you earn playing to play that video gambling terminal. With proper technique you can 'win" tens of thousands of credits. I unlocked all the floors in an hour. and had about 5 spaceship parts in 3 hours.