Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

I just booted up Civ IV weekend deal. Having never played a Civ game I booted up the tutorial, after 5 attempts I gave up, such a popular title, 5 years after release should not be that buggy.

Tutorial: Move your warriors to your city.
Moves Warriors to City.
Moves Warriors off of the city and then back to it.

gently caress you, all well only $8 down the rathole.

Mrens fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Feb 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrens
Feb 21, 2004

hogswallower posted:

For real, just play the game and dick around. Set it to one of the lower difficulties and just climb the tech tree. If you're not hooked by the first time you steamroll over another civ with tanks while they're only using dudes in loincloths and trying to stab your tanks with copper swords or whatever, then it's probably not your kind of game. I'm loving terrible at the games but I still enjoy playing each new iteration.

I admit for the first few hours I thought the game was loving tedious, then I found out you could set workers to auto, and the game is pretty fun. They probably explained it in the tutorial.