Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero Karizma
Jul 8, 2004

It's ok now, just tell me what happened...

From Earth posted:

Finished Machinarium. I loved the visual style and the animation, but I wasn't that fond of the gameplay. One particularly grating example was the fact that you have to stand right next to something to interact with it, which leads to situations like "Get object A from inventory > Unsuccessfully try to use object A on object B > Put object A back in inventory > Move three feet to the right > Get object A from inventory > Successfully combine the two objects". Seriously, I thought we got past that poo poo in 1993. Most of the mini-games and stand-alone puzzles were awesome, but some (like the loving maze with 33 enemies) were just terrible, and some of the adventuring puzzles required some pretty big leaps of logic. Overall, I'd rate it about a 6.5/10: Not entirely without merit, but also a good reminder why I stopped playing adventure games in the first place.

I'm still playing it, but that's how I'm feeling. It's visually striking, but a little plodding for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU