Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
this commenter is hopefully trolling

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Robolizard! posted:

That works pretty good for those lovely mmos that tried to compete with WoW. I think its either DnD online or LOTR online that is making more money than it ever did with the subscription model but maybe you were just talking about hardware.

yeah, LOTRO - turbine announced that within a month of making it freemium instead of charging mandatory subscription fees, they had doubled their revenues from LOTRO. people bought tons of poo poo and the game went wild immediately. and if you wanted discounts, you could still subscribe too sooo it was win win win

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Janin posted:

Description: android marketing.jpg

why can't they at least get a hot girl for it

jesus

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

multigl posted:

is this legit?

if it's on every tech rumor site and hasn't been categorically and violently denied by rim, it's probably true

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

what is this posted:

Probably facebook as well.

they could probably buy facebook, twitter, and whatever's left of myspace for that matter

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

haveblue posted:

You hate to admit it that Samsung has Apple by the balls.

Apple knows that there is no one who can give them the scale as big as Samsung with its numerous manufacturing facilities around the globe. Therefore, other component companies cant compete on price.

So Apple, like it or not, have to get components from their Frenemy ( Friend + Enemy).

Ever wonder why Apple doesnt sue Samsung? Its because, I repeat, Samsung has Apple by the balls.

this makes literally no sense at all

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

haveblue posted:

Yup, just like in real life.

Men control the world ( Apple ), however, its the woman (Samsung) who controls the man. So in the end, its the woman (Samsung ) who controls the world.

Hey listen.....

FUUUUUUUUUUU - Apple Fanboy

this is the worst troll

you're a terrible troll haveblue

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

haveblue posted:

I'm pasting comments from the engadget article on the samsung deal lol

jesus you gotta tell us that it was just weird beforehand

those comments are literally awful

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
what's funny is that 5 years from now we'll be having this exact same argument but about different platforms

5 years ago we were all arguing this poo poo but it was 2006 and it was different platforms too

nobody ever wins or loses, we just move on to arguing pragmatics & semantics about different platforms

endless yosposting

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Unexpected EOF posted:

Probably not even. They'll probably do the "AVAILABLE NOOOOOW" thing.

nah. "shipping in just four weeks!"

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
all of this is still taking away from the point that the xoom hasn't even shipped yet. they haven't sold a single one and the press/commentary is just getting worse and worse

all of this is still taking away from the point that the xoom hasn't even shipped yet. they haven't sold a single one and the press/commentary is just getting worse and worse

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Unexpected EOF posted:

you can tell whoever wrote that is full of poo poo because I'm p sure the ipad doesn't have usb ports OR an hdmi port

no but it has adapters for usb/hdmi out now. they said today it can drive 1080p via the hdmi adapter

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Unexpected EOF posted:

I'm pretty sure it isn't a true USB port and just one for grabbing photos off compatible cameras.

yes and hdmi and music instruments and poo poo. rcp

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
https://www.google.com search for boobs problem solved

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

what is this posted:

adobes ceo is this stereotypical overweight indian IT executive

every interview with him is a series of "doesn't get it" statements one after another

so probably pretty lol

haha i'd read his weird statements and such but never seen a photo before. it all makes sense now

also what the gently caress ceo is still using an on-face mic in these days, no wonder adobe is getting poo poo all over

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Kirk posted:

ahahah i just realize this

has the word "PHONE" in huge letters ahghahahgahghadgksjhgksjdhg

how else would you open the phone app on an all-words display

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I'd be perfectly happy if they just continued to sell 4's and dropped the price so a lot more people would buy it for like $300-400 and use it on their current contract instead of some poo poo Android Fascinate Speculate 9.

It's just a good loving phone

the whims of the worlds 3rd largest company and steve jobs, so easily pointed to satisfying your wish of cheap phones and no prgress

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

cleanhands posted:

1) trade mark law, besides many other legal frameworks, can be used to prevent unauthorised importation into a market
2) Apple knows this
3) therefore we can assume a) acquiescing to this benefits Apple, or b) they have a plan in place to counter-screw these small time chumps off the map

or it's too hard to sue a bunch of chinese gangster dudes on the street from getting on a plane back to china and so it's nearly impossible for them to do anything about it.

"a chinese man paid some people to come in and buy ipads in cash"
"ah, great, that narrows it down to about 800 million possible people in the world that we need to look out for"

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
or you could just always put your phone in your pocket the same way. screen facing into your leg for example, that way the screen is always facing you when you take it out

not very hard scrubs

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

gregday posted:

iphone continually shifts around in oversized cargo pants

your iphone can literally turn itself around in your pocket? are you sure you aren't wearing a garbage bag?

also lol @ cargo pants. wtf

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
that is brilliant

its not like they could have asked google what was up during their development and for guidance or advice on how to come up with good hardware that would match what google was trying to build

nah everybody's just wandering off and doing their own thing, who gives a poo poo

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
why did everyone stop making fun on android wtf

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
who is either proud/ashamed of their phone anyway

inappropriate emotions to attach to a phone in your pocket

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Don Lapre posted:

People hear the xoom2 is coming out soon

the Osborne effect happens

not enough first gen xooms sell and motorola/verizon deem it not financially sound to do the 4g upgarade.

except nobody bought the xoom in the first place, unlike osborne who actually sold a very popular product until they announced the osrborne 2

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

fishmech posted:

im so sure they actually did the redeisgn in under 2 months.

im precisely sure that is what happened actually

look at that fukkin thing

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
nokia, your platform is burning

also is your refrigerator running? better go catch it!

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Internaut! posted:

this is a trick question

wha

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Sniep posted:

font: 14px 'consolas', bitch, monospace !important;

mac user spotted

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Sniep posted:

loving genius spotted

are you a fishmech alt?????

uhh fishmech would rather sit around defending android tablets so no i'm not fishmech

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
what the gently caress is going on in the tablet market where poo poo like this is worth releasing

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
capitalism snipe: if i owned htc i would have had the engineers who brought that device to me shot, or at the very least fired

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
who cares if a platform did it first or not

people care who did it best, not if their platform had it first

loving hell

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
none of that is english

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Buzzman posted:

But doesn't Samsung make the best Android devices?

oh

no, htc does

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
loving htc evo on sprint 4 life

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go
reminder that today woot.com is selling the motorola 32 GB xoom for $399 haha

i bet amazon has a ton in stock that they're trying to move or something

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Metrication posted:

it's time for not one but two sony manufactured laughs

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/13/sony-s1-and-s2-hands-on/

i wonder if you can view the source of the device just by pushing view source

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

golgo13sf posted:

+1

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

There Will Be Penalty posted:

here are widgets i use:

widgetsoid
battery monitor
smooth calendar (the only one on the default home screen)
(notice none of those are clocks)

here's my battery history:

Display 42%
Wi-Fi 11%
Dialer 11%
Android OS 10%
Cell standby 8%
Phone idle 7%
Google Services 6%
Android System 2%
Mail 2%
Bluetooth 1%

i'm p sure none of those are any of my widgets

this is how actual android nerds think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

Janin posted:

I'm not talking about which is actually winning (Apple, obviously), just how they're trying. All three try to win users via new hardware features (super-thin, capacitive stylus, wireless charging)

reminder that you're arguing with tiny bug child, responsible for gems like this:

Tiny Bug Child posted:

yes great now i need to set an auto_prepend_file that runs some extract()s on the superglobals. that's definitely better and cleaner than php just doing it for me