Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Janin posted:

there's no compelling narrative behind any touchscreen tablet. they have no keyboard, slow CPU/GPU, and are a pain in the rear end to write software for. the only reason the ipad is doing well is because it's got an apple logo on it.

the clonemakers are getting swept up in apple's own hype, then getting all confused when nobody cares about a $500 angry birds screen upgrade

its pretty nice having a small tablet that i can use when im sitting on the couch or about to pass out for the night

I dont need a keyboard when i'm not working and it doesnt substitute as a space heater

tl;dr youre dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Janin posted:

My dad bought an iPad for Christmas. Literally the only things he uses it for are ebooks, and scribbling (completely illegible, lol touchscreen) notes.

Despite this, when I asked what advantages his $850 iPad has over a Kindle + legal pad, he just kind of looked at me, then did the slide-animation on the home screen a few times.

Face it: iPad is the new Blackberry. Remember when everyone wanted one of those? Every businessman worth his BMW needed one. Now, blackberries are passe, and the ipad is now hip. Give it three years, and everyone will have moved on to something else.

What a surprise, your dad is just as stupid as you

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

What was google thinking getting into a partnership with device manufacturers that had zero experience supporting devices once they shipped. They cant even manufacturer devices that dont become obsolete with new versions of android hahaha.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Autism Sundae posted:

i was probably struck down by a troon.

troons don't have money for custom titles, they're saving up for their gender reassignment surgery

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

also cashmere sweaters and mac makeup arent cheap

why spend that much money on expensive makeup and clothing when they look god awful and will never pass for the gender they "think" they are

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

wait you have to pay for at least one month of data just to turn on a feature in the tablet?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Those engadget comments are hilarious. Up until the price leaked they were jizzing in their pants over the xoom and calling it the ipad killer. Now they're all :qq: and facing aother year of apple supremacy.

I wonder if there will be a price drop on the new ipad, that would be a kick in the balls to the other talet manufacturers.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

I love buying a product that I have to deconstruct and install new software in order to make it work halfway decent.

Feh, you appletards are so dumb. Buying devices that work right out of the box and don't need to be rooted.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the .3% of ios games that are the good ones are mostly 80s arcade remakes so idk

angry birds
doodle jump

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Haha I'm laughing outloud at android tablets. I'm really going to lol when Dell presents their windows 7 tablet. Thats going to be the biggest pile of poo poo.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

If you don't own an iPhone or iPad already you need to get over your irrational hatred of the industry leader. It's not apples fault they make the best :qq:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Total Fat Guy posted:

i don't own an iphone or ipad + i dont hate apple

i dont need a cellphone ,sorry

sounds like you have no friends :smith:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

y'all are being trolled by a trust fund babby

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

The only people that sperg over physical keyboards on a phone are dumb old farts. Physical keyboards add too much to the weight and size of the phone and are completely unnecessary.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Steve "Uncle Fester" Ballmer, destroyer of companies

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

qirex posted:

uncharted is really fun

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

haveblue posted:

consumers have stopped feeling constrained by their devices' physical qualities. they don't wish their computer had more megahertz or more rams or more internets per second any more

instead they just feel vaguely annoyed and it's becoming harder and harder for them to explain why because it's due to abstract issues like interface design or "polish" that they don't even know are processes, let alone how they can be done well or poorly

apple is the only one trying to address this

How is it that apple is the only one able to design a friendly user interface packaged in a quality frame? All at a reasonable price too idgi.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

$20/mo for 1GB of data

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahab

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

android is terrible for phones and tablets, literally the 2nd worst os

w7p is the worst

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

if rim goes out of business what phone will all those idiot poors buy

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Doesn't BBM have a feature that allows you to see if someone has read your message. Don't you also have to swap codes to bum someone?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

a lot of non-0business people (poors) have blackberries because they have full keyboards (because they are too poor to afford an iphone, the best phone)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

janin is making a strong case for iOS supremacy

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

If you get an evo for free you're being ripped off

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

I don't think the reviews are terrible in the eyes of the general public or idiot goons. They point out how terrible the Xoom is but then try to take a step back and point out that it's not something to be concerned with. They're desperately trying to turn this pile of poo poo into something that's better than the iPad when it's not.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Yeah because I trust apple to support their products and deliver on their promises. Motorola has already proven they are not to be trusted.

Who's ever heard of a consumer electronic device that has to be sent back the manufacturer for a feature that was promised to be built in. Who the gently caress does that? What kind of retard buys that product?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Autism Sundae posted:

at what point in android development did google decide that apps cant be installed on sd card. trick question: theyre morons

in opposite world where they try to be the anti-apple and do everything the opposite, hosed up way

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Just wanted to point out the 3DS is getting Netflix before Android will hahaha. It's also going to have access to at&t's wifi hotspots for free.

Why does android suck so much.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Ryouga Inverse posted:

gently caress, someone see if there's a turbo button on the xoom

You need 5gb of free space to enable it :xd:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Eegah posted:

um, i beg to differ. you see,

woah, so much easier than a dedicated channel on the 3DS

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Best buy ad claims flash support in xoom lmao

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

qirex posted:

isn't the battery life terrible enough on that thing already?

they'll come out with a higher capacity battery, nyko already made one

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Wood Warder posted:

I don't know, it seems pretty fair to dock points when something is listed on the box but isn't actually in the product. On the plus side, the Xoom is the best looking microSD storage device I've ever seen.

they're listing LTE and flash support in store ads as well

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

it's kind of hilarious how desperate adobe is when it comes to trying to stay relevant in the tablet field

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Filco makes the best keyboards, anyone who says otherwise is poor and dumb.

For my mouse I use a corded g9x. I'm done with swapping batteries.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

orange lime posted:

sup, which grip do you use, the rubbery one with realistic flesh-like feel or the gritty one for maximum grip when your fat hands get sweaty

i am currently on anti-sweat grip but thinking about goin to the fleshy one

the gritty one because the other one wears away really fast, logitech is really awesome at designing planned obsolescence

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

orange lime posted:

did you know that the sweaty grip works by absorbing sweat into its surface???

it may look clean but scrape it with your fingernail and prepare to be disgusted

i don't sweat so that won't be a problem

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

DaNzA posted:

guess they really dont want a cheaper 8gb/16gb version so people can put the sd slot to good use

which kinda defeats the whole point of having a sd card slot and use it with your own cheap (terrible and slow) sd cards to expand the capacity

The sd slot on the Xoom is a retarded attempt to have one more useless feature when compared to the iPad 2.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Godzilla07 posted:

it's one of those dumb microsd slots which should be on phones and it doesn't even work right now in honeycomb

none of the features advertised works in honeycomb or on the Xoom right now :xd:

microsd is even loving dumber than sd because there are no cameras that use microsd hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Kirk posted:

hmm according to this Sweet App i got, looks like a storm is coming

*xooms outta here*

Xoom Xoom in my mazada with my motorola Xoom