Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lollin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kirk posted:

honeycomb gonna own own own, looks like crApple's time is up... apple FTL!!
                        /

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

what is this posted:

This could be fixed by better development practices but the android tablet manufacturers use checkbox design, and 'newest android version' is simply one checkbox among many, right up there with "little sticker on the back that says nvidia"

it could also be fixed by google telling the carriers "gently caress off, the phone is a black box, take it or leave it" like apple does

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
oh hey the xoom can take pictures that's pretty cool i gue

*ipad 2 comes out with camera*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bad rear end Boutique posted:

:stare: EIGHT HUNDRED loving DOLLARS

tTo activate Wifi functionality on this device, a minimum of 1 month data subscription is required.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Wow. So is the wifi only tablet not a segment anyone wants to fight apple for?

the wifi only xoom will be coming out later

I can only assume verizon put them up to this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

johndis posted:

yeah it bugged me forever when i first got my phone. the task bar thingy works similarly, you flick it and it snaps down like 20% of the way really fast, then rolls out slower the rest of the way

that just sounds like the animation code can't figure out where the top of the screen is

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lilac posted:

I like stuff that is terrible out of the box and continues to be terrible forever.

Tabsnip

I miss sidetalking

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ryouga Inverse posted:

or is "being able to use the phone somewhat frequently over the course of the day without recharging" just some crazy use case that no one should care about?

i mean who wants to actually use their phone amirite???

what's the big deal, you can just plug it in

you mean when you're not at home? funny, that's never come up for me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

what is this posted:

you can't use both screens at the same time. they just switch veerrrrrry quickly and literally freeze whatever image is on the last screen you touched

this is because android does not actually support two screens

also perhaps it is an intentionally hilarious prank by kyocera on the idiots who would buy that

most android devices actually can be summed up as practical jokes on the unwitting purchasers

lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Misogynist posted:

an droid, the droid... whatever.

it's never your droid it's always the droid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph posted:

why would you need 3g when it has wifi

there's a place that doesn't always have wifi

it's called outside your house

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph posted:

i live in the city, there's wifi everywhere ?

sorry for your suburban wasteland

I live in a bigger city than you and there isn't always wifi

plus nobody should use public wifi for anything even slightly serious now that firesheep is out there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BiohazrD posted:

if your text message sound is anything other than the metal gear ! kill yourself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
my ringtone is music but it's seven seconds long

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
blackberry used to have the best mobile email for business but that hasn't been true for years

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
doesn't a cable modem do modulation/demodulation over coax anyway

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fishmech posted:

ipad can't playback hd video tardo

it can decode 720p (and downscale it to the screen)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

KNEELB4ZOll posted:

haveblue are you arguing with fishmech because lolé

nah just pointing out a wrong and starting a terrible derail about whether that counts as hd

in airplay the ipad is not performing the decode :ssh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you added together the specs of the 2 or 3 ipads you could buy for these prices they'd handily beat whatever tablet it was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Janin posted:

"hotfix"

:xd:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
2001: apple enters established market with expensive mac-only music player

2011: apple very close to owning entire electronics industry from dumptrucks of sand through handing boxes to customers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I kinda want apple to buy swype

not only because it's a good keyboard evolution but because lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Apple is now worth an HP more than every other tech company"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hhahahahahahaha - Apple just surrendered to Samsung - love it! You like those AMOLED displays now, don't you Apple?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is great. I was just telling someone in another thread that refused to see samsung as real competitor to apple that samsung IS apples only real dangerous competitor, ironic since I know they supply so much to apple, including the prized A4, to which someone said "no they don't"

Two days later the details about this deal emerges.

I rest my case.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You hate to admit it that Samsung has Apple by the balls.

Apple knows that there is no one who can give them the scale as big as Samsung with its numerous manufacturing facilities around the globe. Therefore, other component companies cant compete on price.

So Apple, like it or not, have to get components from their Frenemy ( Friend + Enemy).

Ever wonder why Apple doesnt sue Samsung? Its because, I repeat, Samsung has Apple by the balls.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yup, just like in real life.

Men control the world ( Apple ), however, its the woman (Samsung) who controls the man. So in the end, its the woman (Samsung ) who controls the world.

Hey listen.....

FUUUUUUUUUUU - Apple Fanboy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm pasting comments from the engadget article on the samsung deal lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
are you confusing me with fishmech

god dammit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Xoom will grab all customers seeking for a rich NON-restricted tablet computer experience.

iPad2 could have had 6 cameras, Zeppelin sound speakers, 123456345*353264646 resolution, a torch, an axe and 2 wheels, it will not have that user experience and Google's services integration.
Yeah, it's easy to use. Nothing more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unexpected EOF posted:

So...

Why does anything think this isn't retarded?

apple cannot be allowed to win because

uh

freedom

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
demon souls 2 is coming to xbox lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
nah it's more that if you do things right it's easy but if you do them wrong you get instantly smashed and figuring out what's right is very time-consuming

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
android based tablet market

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
consumers have stopped feeling constrained by their devices' physical qualities. they don't wish their computer had more megahertz or more rams or more internets per second any more

instead they just feel vaguely annoyed and it's becoming harder and harder for them to explain why because it's due to abstract issues like interface design or "polish" that they don't even know are processes, let alone how they can be done well or poorly

apple is the only one trying to address this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

That's gonna be a while

Blu-Ray is almost at a reasonable price point :hellyeah:

are there plans to distribute anything on bluray other than movies and ps3 games

seriously what non-entertainment software package needs more than 9GB of install and couldn't be replaced with download on demand

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Enderzero posted:

i like paying more to get less too

how do you get less? the disk is just a transporter, the manual is a pdf on the disk anyway and the box contributes nothing to the product

if you're worried about losing the digital copy back it up to something more secure than a removable disk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you think I'm gonna spend 10 cents on electricity and bandwidth to get this? heh

*spends 50 cents on gas to get to best buy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sorry about your infrastructure