Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

masato tatanka posted:

parlay it with Stefan Struve. You can thank me later!

Did this.

vainman posted:

I put $20 on a Rose sub at +150

You can live vicariously through my bet, is what I'm saying

Did this too but with $50 instead of the small amount on the parlay above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Also small amount on Felice inside the distance +300something.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Viper_3000 posted:

Betting on a finish in wmma is a bold move, unless it's Rousey, and you did it twice. Good luck.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Viper_3000 posted:

christ man, grats

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Felice was a dumb homer bet. I've met her and have watched her fight since way before TUF. Pays for all of my other dumb MMA bets though.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Esparza by sub was paying +800something if anyone was wondering. Still made a profit.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Nate Diaz is more of a dog than I would've thought, especially since he came in 5 lbs overweight.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Coming in overweight is rarely an advantage. It often indicates a hidden injury or poor training camp, and the penalties are severe enough for missing weight that fighters nearly kill themselves trying to make it.

A couple of extra pounds of mass don't make up for that.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I make dumb parlay bets.

Barao/Machida-Dollaway won't go the distance

Laugh at me please when I lose money.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Viper_3000 posted:

I make dumb parlay bets.

at what odds did you get Machida/Dolloway within 5? Parlays are a sucker bet but thats far from a crazy parlay, Barao is like a 7 to 1 favorite

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Viper_3000 posted:

I make dumb parlay bets.

I got the exact same thing but with magomedov inside as well

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

manyak posted:

at what odds did you get Machida/Dolloway within 5? Parlays are a sucker bet but thats far from a crazy parlay, Barao is like a 7 to 1 favorite

-200 or something like that. My main/big bet tonight was on South Alabama....so you can tell how deep into a bottle I am.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

I got the exact same thing but with magomedov inside as well

haha, nice

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Yeah even when betting on mma goes my way I can still experience feeling intensely stupid

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

Viper_3000 posted:

I make dumb parlay bets.

The lesson here kids is you should totally chase when you are down a ton of money on the day. It always works out. Especially when you are drinking heavily and shouldn't be posting let alone betting large sums of money on punch men.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Viper_3000 posted:

The lesson here kids is you should totally chase when you are down a ton of money on the day. It always works out. Especially when you are drinking heavily and shouldn't be posting let alone betting large sums of money on punch men.

Godspeed

outy
Aug 27, 2004

100% right in the fantasy thread.
100% wrong at the bookies.
Again.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lord Waffle Beards Locks

Donald cerrome > myles jury
Nate marquardt > brad tavares

Current 5-0

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Is anyone taking part in MMA Draftkings this weekend?

Thinking of rolling with the two guys making their debuts as Brimage and Jordan aren't very good.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Thinking of rolling with the two guys making their debuts as Brimage and Jordan aren't very good.

Brimage and Jordan, despite not being worldbeaters, are definitely guys I would pick over any random dude making his UFC debut. I did a quick google and neither opponent looks like a particularly hot prospect, and both guys are around -200 betting favorites. I don't know exactly how oddsmaking on Draftkings works, but if you can get either debuting guy for less than half of what Brimage or Jordan cost you, you're probably about right.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
If anyone wanted to bet on Jon Jones, now would be the time, last I saw he was at -170

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

I really want Jared Cannonier to win but I don't know how you can have any faith in him.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Brimage would be solid, but jordan is a heavyweight and one that isnt that hard to KO

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Shawn Jordan is really bad. The worst football player turned HW in the UFC and that says a lot.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Lord Waffle Beards Locks

Donald cerrome > myles jury
Nate marquardt > brad tavares

Current 5-0

I'm sensing a Jury upset. Would love to see Cowboy knock his head into another dimension, though.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Jordan's not great, but this will be Cannonier's first training camp ever at a real gym. He had to fund it on like indiegogo or something. He seems pretty cool though, I hope he wins

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/alaska-heavyweight-jared-cannonier-looks-to-make-most-of-ufc-debut-1.2167920

$10 to win $120 on a Burkman finish. I have faith in the Fitch-killer.

vainman fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 31, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

vainman posted:

Jordan's not great, but this will be Cannonier's first training camp ever at a real gym. He had to fund it on like indiegogo or something. He seems pretty cool though, I hope he wins

Well since no crowdfunding projects turn out well I'm confident in picking Jordan now.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Seltzer posted:

Shawn Jordan is really bad. The worst football player turned HW in the UFC and that says a lot.

He's a mid-tier UFC heavyweight, Schaub and Mitrione are slightly better than average. That says more about the state of the division than about any of those guys' abilities.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

The Duck of Death posted:

I'm sensing a Jury upset.

Same. Cerrone is real good and if I was given 50/50 I would bet on him but it wouldn't take much scale tipping at all to get me to consider Jury. Donald is not unbeatable at all and Jury just might be for reals.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Idk what myles jury you all have been watching

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
When I think of Myles Jury I remember the Mike Ricci fight and lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

josh burkman is a 4 to 1 dog vs. lombard. i know hector lombard has beaten the dead horse but that's a big odds gap

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lloyd Boner posted:

When I think of Myles Jury I remember the Mike Ricci fight and lol

Jury looks bad against tentative fighters and really good against aggressive ones. So he's going to look good in this fight.

acai moonsault posted:

josh burkman is a 4 to 1 dog vs. lombard. i know hector lombard has beaten the dead horse but that's a big odds gap

Burkman is a complete unknown quantity at this point but I still don't think Lombard is good enough to be that big a favorite.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Buekman isnt an unknown quantity

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Horiguchi is also a tremendous favorite and while I think he's dope as gently caress, Gaudinot at +550 seems insane.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

27-10 fighting since 2003 Josh Burkman is a mystery, an enigma.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

acai moonsault posted:

I just realized this is guy who beat Shields vs guy who beat Fitch

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Burkman and Lombard are both bad, and they're both stiff slowpokes with bad gas, so gently caress this fight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Lombards biggest strength is his ability to be great in Joe Rogan's commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

@arielhelwani: Cormier interview coming up after Jones. He drops some breaking news in it, too. Jaw-dropping (for some), potentially line-changing stuff.

Get those Jones bets in if you want to.