Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Next time all the goons are betting on something please remind me that goons are dumb, and I'm a goon, and I'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it happens naturally, if goons try to bet on who they want to lose or become self aware in any way it wouldn't work anymore, it's organic

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I tossed $10 to win $15.50 on Mendes last week. I was sucked in. :(

Soo any good fights to parlay with Rousey for UFC 190?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Hahahaha

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Bodog gave me a 20% deposit bonus, so I kissed goodbye to 50 bucks and got 60 to play with.

10 on Cathel Pendred to win 8.70
5 on Tim Means to win 8
20 on Dennis Burmedez to win 9.52
15 on Mendes to win 23.25
9 on Robbie to win 13.05.

And a 1 dollar parlay on me loving up every single one of those bets, in which case I get 18 bucks back.

i am so good at this

for this next magic trick i will turn 50 bucks into 22.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Marching Powder posted:

100% the reason why I'm all of a sudden nervous

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Shoutout to Biafraid, only goon who put money on Conor.

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Card owned and goons owned. Let's rejoice.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
the best thread on the forums continues to stay the best thread

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
:rip:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LyoUGxVd8

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

origami posted:

Genuinely hoping for the funniest outcome here

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

MycroftXXX posted:

Shoutout to Biafraid, only goon who put money on Conor.

Hey, how's everyone doing? Good? Good.
I won $12.50, and you all lost like what, a collective 3 grand or something? I'm not here to boast about Conor, the bet I had the least faith in on this card. No, I am here to chastise everybody except the one other person who also bet against lovely, lovely poo poo man Cathal pendred. Howard split decisioned UFC golden boy Urijah Hall on short notice -- that's more than enough to believe he would beat pendred. You got what you deserved: a mendes loss.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
wise words. i will listen in the future.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
22 bucks on Jake Ellenberger to win 36. Think if everyone ponies in a little we can get up to a few grand by tonight?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

jase1 posted:

Lawler just made me 6k.

this is insanely sick

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I parlayed Lawler and Mendes for $10, so you can add that to the count.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

attackmole posted:

22 bucks on Jake Ellenberger to win 36. Think if everyone ponies in a little we can get up to a few grand by tonight?

You're a brave men to bet on Jake at this stage

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

attackmole posted:

I'd rather see everyone pony up an arm and a leg for Shields vs. Palhares on Aug 1

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

acai moonsault posted:

I'd rather see everyone pony up an arm and a leg for Shields vs. Palhares on Aug 1

I'm taking Shields, easily.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

it's a one horse race

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For all the talk of how Shields was one of the best a couple of years ago, if he loses this one, he won't have a leg to stand on.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

welp

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
so ehhh, aldo's opening up at chad money odds. all aboard?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Are there any sites giving odds on him pulling out again

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Are there any sites giving odds on him pulling out again

I cannot think of two less Catholic things than gambling and pulling out.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I put some money on the Duff man. It wasn't a good value but given Frank Mir's age, belly, and chin it felt like the odds should have been further apart than 2:1.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Ehh, I feel like any lovely heavyweight fight with an underdog greater than +200 is a solid bet. Hell, even the not lovely heavyweight fights have a ton of upsets. Mainly via Werdum.

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Got a couple parlays with different combination bets on Sarah Moras, Josh Thomson, and Frank Mir, plus a straight bet on Sarah Moras since she looked in the best shape of her career at the weigh ins plus since she's at +350 to win.

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009

JuanGoat posted:

Welp.. one more on the Mendes bandwagon.

Believe in Mir

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Gj brother

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
We all won tonight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

JuanGoat posted:

We all won tonight

yeah. I had similar bets on Ferguson and Holm so I didn't lose much on the Duffman and that exchange was pretty funny.

up next: betting on Ross Pearson

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

JuanGoat posted:

Believe in Mir

I had $20 on him at $2.89, seemed pretty good. Made back most of what I lost on Mendes. Thanks Frank!

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

yeah. I had similar bets on Ferguson and Holm so I didn't lose much on the Duffman and that exchange was pretty funny.

up next: betting on Ross Pearson

whats the odds on ross. id say dunhams going to be his best KO yet but the icing he put on stout will be hard to top, even against a hittable herky jerky nothingman like dunham

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bundt Cake posted:

whats the odds on ross. id say dunhams going to be his best KO yet but the icing he put on stout will be hard to top, even against a hittable herky jerky nothingman like dunham

There was a brief time when Edgar was champ and Dunham kicked Sherks rear end and looked to a legitimate threat to Edgar. I remember being worried that his length could give Frankie trouble. Then Melvin of all people starched him and ruined his career.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

I got Pearson at -210, he's currently at -240. And agreed. Pearson is a top-notch boxer and I also feel like he has fared much better against stiffer competition.

If anybody has any strong feelings on Leites vs Bisping I'd be interested.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

tesilential posted:

There was a brief time when Edgar was champ and Dunham kicked Sherks rear end and looked to a legitimate threat to Edgar. I remember being worried that his length could give Frankie trouble. Then Melvin of all people starched him and ruined his career.

Him kicking sherks rear end involved sherk having the best round of his life, the only time he ever managed to gently caress somebody up with gnp, and then he gassed and evan boxed him. sherks whole thing was he wouldnt gas for five rounds. he gassed in 1 round. he wasn't the same fighter. and besides that, before he gassed he had the most glorious, dominant, violent round of his entire 30+ fight career. Dunham is basically a big, tough, goofy gently caress. he never looked good to me. I always thought the perception of him as being a super talented fighter because of the sherk fight was based more on the value of the name than what it really showed

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
melvin starched him because hes more or less a big dopey punching bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
My gift to you. I need to either settle up with my bookie because I am over the 10k limit in winnings or I spoke to my bookie and he is letting make 1 more 1k bet before I have to cash out and start over from 0. You guys get to pick what fight I bet on and I will make that bet. Please choose a fight from the UFC event tomorrow as I will be playing poker and be able to watch it.