Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jase,

I want you to open me an account with your book for the sole purpose of betting that PPV buy line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

I would vouch for you too. I'm going back to Cleveland Friday for the 4th to finalize the sale of my house and company and will be back for the main event on the 6th with my bookie in tow. He is playing the main event this year as well on my dime thanks to cavs. We can hook up then if you want? His max bet is only 50k though, I'm sure you would wanna bet way more than what he offers. I'm small time compared to your betting I assume. I'll run it by him I might not even need to vouch considering we both know who you are.

I try not to bet more than 10 a game unless it's something I love, like this Mayweather fight. Let's link when you're back.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

Bookie says he can't take on any new people. He also wised up and figured out the O/U on buys was at 5 million on line and he voided my bet this morning. So no free money for me.

Lame

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

Now that I'm retired I will have plenty of time to start another pool hustling for dummies thread. Depends how good I do in the main event this year of the WSOP. Hint I will most likely be knocked out before the money I'm a terrible tourney player. Cash is where it's at for me.

I'd let you stake me

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

There is staking a guy and then there is buying a piece of his action. I have done neither of these things except in small time cash games so I might be wrong. Feel feee to correct me

Staking a guy is when I would essentially front the money and whatever he wins we decide on an agreement to split the winnings and whatever that guy loses is usually on the person who staked him. I have seen 60-40 50-50 and even 75-25. I'm sure their are a ton of different staking options those are the only ones I have seen or heard of.

Buying a piece of that action is like a guy giving you a percentage of his winnings for you giving him money for his buy in. So if bought 10 percent of a guys action I would get 10 percent of what he wins. This is how I have always seen it done. I don't really dabble in that though I'd like to just have control over my own money and if I lose it so be it, it's on me.

Essentially this is correct. There's a good 100/200 game this weekend if you want to play

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

You gonna stake me? That's way out of my league I usually play 5-10 NL or 4-8 PLO 8/B

My wife wouldn't let me near a game like that and you guys would eat me alive.

I'm too poor to stake. Play 2/5NL. 5/10 is typically a much tougher game.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Lloyd Boner posted:

Nah you just gotta see what most people here are betting on and pick the opposite

Pretty sage advice to bet against the public on most things. I had a really good track record of looking for games where 80+% of the money was on one side and betting the opposite.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Grifter posted:

How do you determine that?

Typically VegasInsider.com

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I can also attest that my gambling success has led me to bedding many women who I otherwise would not have had the chance to off of pure looks and charm.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Don't know where you're getting Lamas at +200. What I see is -120 Knight and +100 Lamas

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

+100 is how we say 2to1, i think.

Could be. We call that even money around here.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Ummmmm. Can I get action on -357 please? Like 100k++

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Lowest I've ever seen. Normally -550 to -600 ish. Let me get action.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

See kids, the thing is, I actually have the money to bet and will and jase knows this.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

That probably sounded more bad rear end in your head

Nah pretty much as described.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

Jaysb is legit and probably gambles more in a week than I do in a few months or maybe a year. I'm smalltime compared to him.

I'd love to sit at a poker table with him but he plays way higher stakes than I will ever play.

Snapping the under on all of those things.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

old.flv posted:

if the Conor fanatics drive the line to -500 on Mayweather then I'll probably throw money on it

It's -357 Mayweather with jase1's guy. Hence my extreme excitement.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I understand his position about wanting to be balanced, but he shouldn't be scared of me. I'm not sharp. -250 on Mayweather would be stealing.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know if you'd even know, and if you did whether you'd be willing to say, but any idea what the size of those bets were? I can imagine people saying,"Well he's not gonna win but the odds are so good I'll place a small bet on and maybe make a few hundred on the off-chance a miracle happens" but I cannot wrap my head around anybody putting large bets against what was essentially the inevitable outcome.

Every time I read that there was a significant amount bet on Conor to win, I imagine it being thousands of small bets adding up as opposed to a smaller number of large ones.

93% of the tickets bet were on Conor. Roughly 70% of the money ended up on Floyd. 6 people bet $1mill on Floyd in Vegas.

I managed to get a good chunk down as well on Floyd. Had a big sweat betting against Conor getting a point deducted too lol congrats Jase

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think it's pretty stupid to say he has a gambling problem. He might not be a winning sports bettor but from what I gather Jase does very well for himself. So the amount of money he's lost is probably quite inconsequential to his life and lifestyle and can be written off at cost of entertainment.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

I use to play APA but everyone cheats to keep their handicap down. I went to Vegas a few years and won with my team but it's totally not worth it as far as money wise to split 10k between 8 people. I can hustle a couple of guys in a few weeks and make more money than what they give you in Vegas. I was a 7 or an 8 but I don't remember what the highest handicap was because that was over 10 years ago.

If you ever want a pool game in Vegas let me know. JRB, Ben Lamb, and a few other guys always want action. Viffer and Scott Frost etc etc

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

So does anyone think the line will move in GSP's favor? I want to bet 5k on Bisping at+115 but if that line moves I might miss out on some good underdog betting. Think I should bet it now or wait? I shut down a 5/10 home game last night after i rivered a straight flush on Omaha and busted 4 people so now I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

I don't think the line is gonna move too much. You might see 10 cents but it's not gonna go to +150.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I have some money on Maia as well. I just don't see Covington doing anything other than being a wrestler and that seems like suicide vs Maia.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry about your PSU bet.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

My bookie basically told me he doesn't want my GSW totals action this week.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Best wishes on a speedy recovery Jase

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Hypothetically, if you were training at a gym where a fighter who had an upcoming fight was training and they got choked all the way out and then said it was because they're having a hard weight cut, would it be wrong to bet against them?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

1. If I tell you guys and you bet you could change the betting line lol

2. This isn't my regular gym, I train there once a week roughly and I'm not sure how often they train there.

3. They're a small underdog.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Cyborg is like -1200 though. I like Ortega as an underdog and I like Jordan Johnson and the fight that I'm not telling anyone about yet.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Spin it up

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think that if you always bet on the underdog in a championship fight, you'd come out a winner.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

correction my bookie canceled the thug rose bet because he said he couldn't lay off any of her action. Was that fight canceled as well?

Seems really chicken poo poo that your bookie is openly arbitraging you on a $2k bet.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Sounds like he's either running out of money or trying to get out of the game. You can't just pick and choose which bets you want to accept as a book.

I'd definitely find a new guy.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Yeah I'm not sure how Jacare gets this fight to the ground and he's not out striking Kelvin

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Liking Cody +110 and DMMMMMJ seems like free money.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

free money gets a lot less attractive when he's above -400

I mean, you say that but Mayweather has yet to let me down.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I managed to get Woodley at +125 when Rogan's podcast talked about it and bet him all the way down to -105. So we had a decent night.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

where in town did you get woodley at + because i couldnt find it

Got some vig free bets with friends. Pinny and 5 Dimes had Woodley as +

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i might bet on OSP if hes an underdog. even though i think he needs to be put on the sex offenders registry for doing that stupid pussy thing every time he wins

He is more than a 2:1 underdog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

So, what do you have in action now that LaFlare just died?