Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
This is quickly turning into my favorite thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Fentry posted:

I haven't posted here in a while because I'm still healing from going 11/12 on a multi event parlay and having it broken by Tito Ortiz winning. My confidence has been pretty shot since then

This should probably be posted in the OP as a warning to others.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Bundt Cake posted:

hughes is a dog against sanchez and i need to be here now so i dont lose any money on this

just remember that making money of Hughes' achievements is nothing short of pure evil.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

via middleeasy: http://zooie.wordpress.com/2011/09/21/betting-on-ufc-fights-a-statistical-data-analysis/

guy with a spreadsheet posted:

Top UFC Insights

Fighters older than 32 years of age will more likely lose
This was validated in 173 out of 277 (62%) fights*

Fighters with more than 6 TKO victories fighting opponents older than 32 years of age will more likely win
This was validated in 47 out of 60 (78%) fights*

Fighters from Japan will more likely lose
This was validated in 36 out of 51 (71%) fights*

Fighters who have lost 2 or more KOs will more likely lose
This was validated in 54 out of 84 (64%) fights*

Fighters with 3x or more decision wins and are greater than 3% taller than their opponents will more likely win
This was validated in 32 out of 38 (84%) fights*

Fighters who have won 3x or more decisions than their opponent will more likely win
This was validated in 142 out of 235 (60%) fights*

Fighters with no wrestling background vs fighters who do have one more likely lose
This was validated in 64 out of 90 (71%) fights*

Fighters fighting opponents with 3x or less decision wins and are on a 6 fight (or better) winning streak more likely win
This was validated in 30 out of 39 (77%) fights*

Fighters younger than their opponents by 3 or more years in age will more likely win
This was validated in 165 out of 278 (59%) fights*

Fighters who haven’t fought in more than 210 days will more likely lose
This was validated in 162 out of 276 (59%) fights*

Fighters taller than their opponents by 3% will more likely win
This was validated in 159 out of 274 (58%) fights*

Fighters who have lost less by submission than their opponents will more likely win
This was validated in 75 out of 119 (63%) fights*

Fighters who have lost 6 or more fights will more likely lose
This was validated in 172 out of 291 (60%) fights*

Fighters who have 18 or more wins and never had a 2 fight losing streak more likely win
This was validated in 79 out of 126 (63%) fights*

Fighters who’ve lose back to back fights will more likely lose
This was validated in 197 out of 362 (54%) fights

Fighters with 0 TKO victories will more likely lose
This was validated in 90 out of 164 (55%) fights

Fighters fighting opponents out of Greg Jackson’s camp will more likely lose
This was validated in 38 out of 63 (60%) fights

Top Insights over All Fights

Fighters with 15 or more wins that have 50% less losses than their opponents will more likely win
This was validated in 239 out of 307 (78%) fights*

Fighters fighting American opponents will more likely win
This was validated in 387 out of 605 (64%) fights*

Fighters with 2x more (or better) wins than their opponents and those opponents lost their last fights will more likely win
This was validated in 709 out of 1049 (68%) fights*

Fighters who’ve lost their last 4 fights in a row will more likely lose
This was validated in 173 out of 255 (68%) fights*

Fighters currently on a 3 fight (or better) winning streak will more likely win
This was validated in 1172 out of 1884 (62%) fights*

Fighters with 3x or more wins than their opponents will more likely win
This was validated in 1395 out of 2387 (58%) fights*

Fighters who have lost 7 or more times will more likely lose
This was validated in 1305 out of 2299 (57%) fights*

Fighters with no jiu jitsu in their background versus fighters who do have it more likely lose
This was validated in 334 out of 568 (59%) fights*

Fighters who have lost by submission 5 or more times will more likely lose
This was validated in 580 out of 986 (59%) fights*

Fighters in the Middleweight division who fought their last fight more recently will more likely win
This was validated in 272 out of 446 (61%) fights*

Fighters in the Lightweight division fighting 6 foot tall fighters (or higher) will more likely win
This was validated in 50 out of 83 (60%) fights

one of you needs to plunk down a bunch of money using one of these statistics and applying it to every fight on the card Saturday and report back to us on your findings

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

huh I was thinking just using one of those rules to make all your bets but this is interesting too

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I call not being played by Jonah Hill

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Don't bet on MMA, just bet on Frankie Edgar.

this is the answer

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

i picked all 12

That's kind of impressive.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

It's pretty amazing that we can have like 5 people making bets on fights and not a single loving one can get any right

I disagree. Consider the kind of person who bets on MMA.

Does this person seem like the kind of person who is likely to make correct choices?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I'm not putting money down on this, but one of you must be, no?

Anyone taking a shot at the moon with Caceres? You are required to tell us if you are.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

masato tatanka posted:

Thiago Santos at 7/2 against Uriah Hall seems disproportionate, I wonder if people are googling him and seeing the other Thiago Santos' (TUF Brazil heavyweight) far worse record and betting based on that. Betting on Uriah Hall to lose is a very possible outcome.

That's what I thought too. I might have put some money down there if I was the sort of person who enjoyed gambling.

attackmole posted:

I have 3 bucks on Bruce Leeroy at +550, 3 bucks on Santos at +325 and one buck on Davis at +600. Stupid underdog bets for life.

I wish you were throwing away more money instead of a pretty reasonable three dollars, but thank you for this nonetheless.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

attackmole posted:

Well guys, this isn't going too hot.

Flawless victory

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I rated 5 again just in case double votes are allowed now

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Why did I ever stop checking this thread?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

-Atom- posted:

So whenever there seems to be a goon consensus or Jase1 makes a bet I feel like that's the indicator to maybe not move forward.

No streaks last forever. It's time to double down and make some real money now.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

So I will add this . If Arkansas beats Kansas state by 13.5 and there are 2 more touchdowns I will up the bet to 10k. I also have Oregon -7 but I don't think that game will finish by the the time Lawler fights.

Edit: ok I won both those bets and I am undefeated For the day. So I have now upped the bet to 10k. This is the month end bet so if I lose this my account is wiped out pending the Oregon bet.

Wow. Man. Wow.

I'm sorry.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

JoeRules posted:

Bet Lawler +350 after round 4 :cool:

yeah but unless it was 10k no one cares. this is jase1's thread bro

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

jase1 buy your wife a Robbie Lawler Fathead she can plaster on the rear window of her new car

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

I am going to buy my wife her first pair of Louboutins and that will make up for the no car for Christmas

I didn't know what Lubeytunes were so I googled it and I found out that they're shoes made for aliens I guess?

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 3, 2016

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

Just realized this is on Sunday so I will be making a big bet on dillashaw just not sure how much wil know more after the playoff games on Saturday.

Update? And where will this bet rank in your list of biggest MMA bets?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Instead of throwing your money in the garbage you could just give it to me

He's doing this for us.

Or he's a gambling addict.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

fatherdog posted:

If there's a fix in it's extremely doubtful Coker/Bellator are involved, because while Kimbo losing to DaDa would be a great one-time cashout for the people betting against him it would be really bad for Bellator's medium-term business

Exactly. Also, does Coker even have anything in his past that hints at fight fixing? What's Kimbo getting paid for this fight? Tennis has that whole scandal going on right now, hard to imagine that a fighter with no real future in fighting wouldn't be tempted to cash in.

Or else someone sneaked in while Dada 5000 was training and confirmed that his public bag work is in fact a simple ruse.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

The whole poker room was rooting against me and cheered when Dada did the Flair flop.

Go get your money back from Dada. I feel confident you could beat it out of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

I am in the perfect place to get my money back. 100 degenerates just saw me lose 5k and think I am on tilt and now alot of them will take shots at me at the poker table.

Let us know how it went, man. We're rooting for you. I'm imagining you as a modern day Maverick, but with more gambling and fewer gun fights. If Alfred Molina shows up, be careful.