Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Didn't she do it when she fought Tate? She wanted a certain arm instead of the one she was given or something

Nah, Tate was just masochistic enough to let Ronda dislocate her elbow and wiggle around her totally hosed up arm instead of tapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

equal bets put on barnett against nelson by decision (+345) and by finish (-110). better than a straight bet (-220) imo

Whoaaah, dude, I was about to say that was a pretty good hedge because I assumed that fight was a 3-rounder, but that's a 5-rounder. Good loving luck on that one going to a decision. On top of that, Barnett's been out for drat near two years so I'm not entirely sold on him as a lock in the first place.

But everyone here loses money on 'smart' bets so gently caress it, go for it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Probably just policy? Pretty standard stuff though. Don't poo poo where you eat, etc.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
10 bucks on Struve at -135 (Rosholt is trash and I'm not sure why this fight has near even odds)
1 buck on Letourneau at +950 (Joanna loving owns but I don't think she deserves Rousey odds yet)
1 buck on Uriah Hall at -140 because I want to piss away my loonies.

Big money, folks.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I could see Holm pulling a Greg Jackson strategy and tepidly losing a round or two before getting finished by trying to fight from the outside/blatantly running away, but it's pretty hard to bet on anything except Ronda by first round sub.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I got 5 bucks on Formiga at +325 and 2.50 on Sanchez at +450 (in case he hypnotizes the judges).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Put the last 8 bucks in my Bodog account on Alberto Mino at +130 in a desperation bet. I have never watched him fight, Akiyama is just old and bad (but possibly roided to poo poo). Hoping he doesn't lay on him.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
shoutout to the judges, my boys

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman, aka I Hope Shawn Thompson Is In Hell. Goons decided that Coleman would wrestle Couture and was a great underdog at +300 or so and half the forum bet on him.

Also, I don't think anyone under the age of 50 uses a bookie (except Jase1 and criminals maybe).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
poo poo, maybe I'm just a lame Canadian dude in grad school so I got some selection bias here, but I've never met a Canadian who uses a bookie. Guess I should hang out by more off track betting joints.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Well I mean I guess, but I talk about it with other people and it's always through some online site. I know Canada is more open about online gambling than the states is.

Anyways, just put 10 bucks on Joe Lazon at +155 against Evan Dunham on Friday. Dunham is like a perpetual disappointment coasting off of hype of being the NEXT BIG THING in 2010. Lauzon's kind of a one round wonder, but he's a murderer for that one round and I'll take him at those odds for sure.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Eh, winning big on Alverez cancels out the 2K on TJ, he should be just fine. Can't win em all.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

jase1 posted:

Placed a couple more bets late last night after catching a hot craps table at 3 am.

1k on Tate @+225
1k on Lawlor @+250

Then a 1k parlay on Diaz, tate and Lawlor that pays out like 46k

Now it's time to sleep to get ready for tonight. Anyone been to a UFC fight before? ANy tips or cool things to look for or do?

Find Dana and play 10k blackjack hands with him until he thinks you're cool.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

mewse posted:

I put $100 on Conor when he fought Mendez and lost. Then I bet $20 against Conor when he fought Aldo, and lost. Then I did a probation bet against Conor when he was fighting Diaz, and won. I'm willing to put some money on the rematch. I don't know why I obsessively bet against Conor, I haven't done this with any other fighter.

I bet money for Jones to lose against Matyushenko, Bader and Vera because they were all +350 or so. It took me forever to finally come around to "hm, maybe he's a giant favourite every fight for a reason".

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Hunt would make Lesnar crumple up into a turtle with a stiff jab, or he could get wrestled horribly. It's like I can see the fight going both ways, but neither way is a close competitive fight.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I got 5 bucks each on Ed Herman (+180), Jake Ellenberger (+220) and two bucks parlaying both at +810.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

Also putting money on Herman.

hahahahahahaha

Ok we know that goons always lose at betting though (unless you're jase) so I mean you can probably thank our bets for producing such a cool KO.

When did Krylov learn to fight jesus.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
2 bucks on Lawler by finish at +138

2 bucks on Woodley by Decision at +650

This hedge feels like free money to me.

(Queue Lawler by decision or freak woodley knockout)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dan Didio posted:

Lawler by decision or Woodley by knockout are the most likely, I would say.

PUT SOME MONEY ON IT BITCH

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
gently caress

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

parlay on magny, melendez and cejudo to all win by decision.

100 on melendez.

100 on schevchenko with a few hedge bets on nunes by ko in r1 and 2

that should be my sportsbet account depleted

Nice

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
10 at +265 for Sanchez over Gall
10 bucks Askren at -280
10 bucks Stephens over Zabit +195
1 buck +7168 on Stephens/Sanchez/Smith
5 bucks +977 on Stephens/Sanchez
5 bucks +107 on Askren/Woodley
5 bucks + 105 on Torres
4 bucks +325 on Torres/Woodley/Askren

Prediction: watch me turn 50 bucks into 10.

Betting on Diego Sanchez in 2019 is probably gonna burn me but I feel like him being +265 against a guy who was supposed to lose to CM Punk and Sage is not a bad deal.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

jase1 posted:

1k parlay on Willis +230 and Pettis +295 that pays out 12k or so.

My man

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm a blatant raptors homer but also drat that seems like a good line, good luck.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Lol

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
OK which bad motherfuckers are gambling today

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I put 8 dollars on Hakeem Dawodu inside the distance at +575 because I'm horifically biased and hate money

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

jase1 posted:

Hello friends.

I am recuperating from a week long gambling binge where I won 42k.

If you follow this thread you know I hate Jon jones and I always bet against him. So here is my bet for the fight tonight.

10k on Reyes at +390.

You are an honorable man.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't like any of those except for the Cruz one.

But also whenever I bet I lose my money, so doing the opposite of what I think is a sure fire path to success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

jase1 posted:

Here is what I have so far.

5k on Cruz
5k on Ferguson
5k on De Castor
5k on Stephens

i'm sorry