Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

Bubba Smith posted:

I would like a section devoted to how retarded parlays are. betting on mma is pretty stupid, but doing parlays on mma fights is like frank mir putting on 25 lbs of muscle over a summer then trying to cut 60 lbs in a month levels of retarded.

Homie please....

EDIT

I've never played more than $5 on parlays because YES they are pretty dumb and you almost never come on top with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Thanks to fatherdog's advice, I chose sonnen over Nate, Okami over Nate and Miller over Aloe Vera. theres a few others but off the top of my head those were some big underdog picks for me.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Fedor ruined my parlay, but when I heard Bigfoot had rehydrated to 292lbs and Fedor was training same as usual (hitting tires in Starry Oskal) I place $20 on Bigfoot at +350.

NEVER DO PARLAYS

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
I got Chael at I think like +300 vs NAte the Great...

I think the odds were similar for Okami vs Nate.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
PARLAYS 4EVA

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
eh, I just did a bad thing

This is just a fun thing that I do on top of my other bets... you can all make fun of me when this falls through.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
I've got $5 each on:
Kyle Watson - because WREAM
Ellenburger
Jason MacDonald

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

Elmo Oxygen posted:

Watson's really more of a BJJ guy. I don't think he has an amateur wrestling background at all, aside from training at HIT Squad.

That said, he's probably a better wrestler than the Shotokan Karate guy from Nova Scotia.

All I remember of Makdessi was him throwing these ridiculous kicks. Like they were full out TKD style kicks that looked really cool.

I dont think those kicks are gonna fly with Kyle Watson so yea...

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Can't you ask for a refund or something?

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

HATE MONDAYS posted:

Jones is going to win this weekend so even though the odds are lovely you could make a little on that. I hope this helps someone

People said the exact same thing when Rampage fought the coward Machida

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
I dropped $20 on Coleman and convinced all 4 of my MMA friends that Mark Coleman, was in fact going to wrestle Randy into dust.

Boy was my face red.

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

Devoz posted:

This thread has inspired me to bet on MMA, which betting site would you recommend for people living in Canada?
I use bodog.ca

Havent had any problems withdrawing money.
All deposits have to be a minimum of $20 I think

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
Don't bet on MMA.

This could be hilarious, or hilarious

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!

fawker posted:

Don't bet on MMA.

This could be hilarious, or hilarious

well, this was fun for like 15 minutes...

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
My underdog bet is Mark Hunt. I have $20 on him, I hope he doesnt let me down like Coleman did. Arrrgh dangit!

I also have 20 on edgar, because he has pulled through for me every single time (thanks fatherdog!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawker
Feb 1, 2008

ARMBAR!
I did it for Coleman, I'll answer the call and do it again for Bonnar.